DT Foley Fatukasi Meeting with Bills Today-Signed by Texans

11 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Honestly, I hope they acquire a guy that can play around 70%+ of the snaps and give Groot that chance too. 

Better yet, I hope they are done with this whole mass rotation along the defensive line strategy. Just my 2 ¢. 

You still need depth. I like Daquan think he's played well and would like to hang onto him. Idk what his asking price or market demand is though.

6 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Maybe this puts some pressure on daquan Jones to make a decision, but it’s gotta be hard to convince a guy who played for over $10m per year the last 2 seasons to take a deal in the $3-4m range which I guess is what Beane wound want him for.  I’d be surprised if we don’t draft a 1 tech this year also.  

There is no way he's worth more than 3-4 mil per. Jax discovered that they overpaid with that 30 mil contract they gave him. in that he could not assume the expanded role they envisioned for him. Was thought to be a three down player who could develop as a pass rusher/QB pressure guy. Just didn't materialize. As a rotational run stuffer he would be a good get. He can do that well. I think he played around 50% of Jax def snaps last year.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Everyone has to remember that the comp pick max for each team is 4. Might see the Bills trade a future pick tho now that we are in this scenario 

Yea but that probably means we can afford to sign a qualifying player or two. If we have 4 or 5 of our guys signed and still end up with 3 or 4 comps.

10 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

That’s not a real name is it?  It’s more like Mike Hunt or Dick Hurts, right?

Actually it’s Al Koholick.

In all seriousness, it’s Folorunso Ifeyinka "Foley" Fatukasi. His family is Nigerian. 

5 hours ago, BBFL said:

Mankind or Dude Love it has to be…

Bang bang…

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, babulator said:

IDK I'd like to hang onto Daquan. McDermott has always had a stable of vet DL guys to rotate, Id like to think we could find a way to keep him in the mix. I hope they do.

The entire dline disappeared against the Chiefs in the playoffs.  Its honestly hard for me to imagine anyone of them (including Oliver) are of critical strategic importance to the teams playoff success. 

• Agree 1

As much as I liked DaQuan, I’d be OK with not bringing him back depending what else we do there

if we sign Fatukasi, he can essentially take Jordan Phillips snaps

Drafting Sweat would be fun but obviously unlikely to happen.  

IF Beane takes a few significant swings in free agency, hoping one is higher tier DT

Chris Jones was the difference in the playoffs for the Chiefs this year more than Mahomes.  He might be a top 10 player in the entire league.

If he makes it to Monday unsigned, call his agent and throw a massive offer to him.  Get creative, whatever.  Just do it. The cap keeps going up by 15-20 mil.  His deal could be managed.  

For starters, you could rework Allen’s contract by extending him and creating even more than the 23 million his restructure will create.

Of course we could try to sign Wilkins to ensure he doesn’t grab Josh anymore haha. Fights in camp!!

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

The entire dline disappeared against the Chiefs in the playoffs.  Its honestly hard for me to imagine anyone of them (including Oliver) are of critical strategic importance to the teams playoff success. 

Wasn't Oliver being double-teamed b/c whatever the rest of the line was, wasn't doing jack?  Real hard to get to the QB when the O can just focus on one guy.

34 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Wasn't Oliver being double-teamed b/c whatever the rest of the line was, wasn't doing jack?  Real hard to get to the QB when the O can just focus on one guy.

Can have a weaker defensive line if you have a very good defensive backfield to cover.  Weak dbacks and weak defensive line can be painful.