Tre White Gone

WotAGuy

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

this is essentially the most difficult injury for someone at his position to recover from. 

the upcoming year will be much worse on his body than the acl recovery year which means he’s going to be 30 coming off back to back rough injuries next off season as his likely best case 

My thought is that these Achilles procedures and recoveries have really

improved over the last 5 years.  I remember reading something about even since like 2019, there has been dramatic improvements. That, plus the fact that Tre is more of a zone  corner— I can see him getting back to being a productive starter. 

will he be an all-pro? Doubt it. But it wouldn’t surprise me to see him starting for a team here in the next 12-18 months. 

On 3/14/2024 at 8:53 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think you sell him short. I bet he returns to a roster and returns to play at a really high level. This is an injury he can fully

recover from. 

A really high level is probably a stretch.  But if so, more power to him.  Don’t really get all the sadness about him being cut.  He hasn’t done much since being injured Thanksgiving 2021.  I was sadder that Mitch Morse got cut.  He was a leader of the O line and was still playing well.  And I liked his stoic toughness.  Tre had a real good run.  But injuries are a big part of the NFL.  I love the Bills.  But it’s more the team than the individuals except for Josh.  He is special.  I miss Kyle Williams more then I will miss Tre.  He was the heart and soul of the team for 10-12 years.  

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

And gets paid more decent big bucks.  Class act deserves it all

The way I understand it, you get big bucks for being really good.  If "class act" was enough to get big bucks I'd be a wealthy man.

51 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

The way I understand it, you get big bucks for being really good.  If "class act" was enough to get big bucks I'd be a wealthy man.

Deserves it all = however much money he signs for. 

7 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

A really high level is probably a stretch.  But if so, more power to him.  Don’t really get all the sadness about him being cut.  He hasn’t done much since being injured Thanksgiving 2021.  I was sadder that Mitch Morse got cut.  He was a leader of the O line and was still playing well.  And I liked his stoic toughness.  Tre had a real good run.  But injuries are a big part of the NFL.  I love the Bills.  But it’s more the team than the individuals except for Josh.  He is special.  I miss Kyle Williams more then I will miss Tre.  He was the heart and soul of the team for 10-12 years.  

He was the first player drafted of the turnaround and a big reason for it.  It's a shame injuries ruined the last 2-1/2 seasons and I'm  sorry to see him go.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:26 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I know it’s a business and all it just sucks, hate it, I get it but I hate it.

It being a big business is what allows guys like Tre to get rich beyond their wildest dreams.  The players understand this better than the fans.

Enjoy and appreciate these talents while they're here to entertain us.  Just don't get attached.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2024 at 8:07 AM, Doc said:

He was the first player drafted of the turnaround and a big reason for it.  It's a shame injuries ruined the last 2-1/2 seasons and I'm  sorry to see him go.

He was an excellent player for us from 2017 to the middle of 2021.  But he was far from the only reason for the turnaround of the Bills fortunes.

12 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think the only offers he's getting are 1 year prove it deals. 

Just listening to BB on the radio. I'd be willing to bet we get Trey back by June 3rd for maybe  a 3rd of the money we saved post June 1st.

( 9 mil.) I may be wrong, I can't remember if he said 9 or 10.

Hey, I'm all for it.

Edited by nosejob

18 minutes ago, boyst said:

i think he's back.

I'm down for that

15 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Only if he can perform. The warm and fuzzy nostalgia of keeping him cause he dances on the field and dresses up in hockey equipment is no longer doing it for me. I need guys who can produce, not dance.

Fail.  He worked his tail off to get back to playing at a pretty good level 

Post June 1st:   1 year 3 mil worth up to 6?  Seems fair 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

i think he's back.

I don't think Tre comes back. 

IMO the blurb from Beane about Tre was because he was put in a tough interview spot when right after his praise of Von for taking a pay cut they asked him if the pay cut had been an option discussed with Tre.  There was a telling, panicked, half second before Beane got into his preprogrammed GM speak. 

We'll have to see what happens with the draft but right now I give much better odds for Hyde to come back than Tre.

• Agree 1