Tre White Gone

WotAGuy

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I don't think Tre comes back. 

IMO the blurb from Beane about Tre was because he was put in a tough interview spot when right after his praise of Von for taking a pay cut they asked him if the pay cut had been an option discussed with Tre.  There was a telling, panicked, half second before Beane got into his preprogrammed GM speak. 

We'll have to see what happens with the draft but right now I give much better odds for Hyde to come back than Tre.

Before White was released, I thought best case was he started on the PUP and come back at some point this season.  His availability timeline seems murky and don't see any team in a hurry to sign him at this point.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, juno999 said:

Before White was released, I thought best case was he started on the PUP and come back at some point this season.  His availability timeline seems murky and don't see any team in a hurry to sign him at this point.

I agree. 

And I don't think Beane even answered the question of whether or not they offered a pay cut, seems like they didn't.  With so many draft picks it seems like a later round CB who might develop behind Douglas would make more sense than bringing back Tre.

Hyde makes more sense to me at a cheap price.  While the Bills should try and get a younger developing player it seems like  they could still use another veteran presence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

21 last thursday

30 years from now you'll learn the meaning of senior. I was 21 in 1994, back when I could breathe like a normal person and my back didn't hurt every single day.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

30 years from now you'll learn the meaning of senior. I was 21 in 1994, back when I could breathe like a normal person and my back didn't hurt every single day.

I went to a Senior HS :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I agree. 

And I don't think Beane even answered the question of whether or not they offered a pay cut, seems like they didn't.  With so many draft picks it seems like a later round CB who might develop behind Douglas would make more sense than bringing back Tre.

Hyde makes more sense to me at a cheap price.  While the Bills should try and get a younger developing player it seems like  they could still use another veteran presence.

I don't pretend to know all the rules, but I was thinking earlier today if the Bills might try to get White, at some point during the season, on the PS.  Have him work back to getting ready and possibly elevate him late in the season or not.  Like I said, don't know all the rules involved with released players.

5 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

21 last thursday

Happy Belated Birthday !

13 minutes ago, juno999 said:

I don't pretend to know all the rules, but I was thinking earlier today if the Bills might try to get White, at some point during the season, on the PS.  Have him work back to getting ready and possibly elevate him late in the season or not.  Like I said, don't know all the rules involved with released players.

I really wonder how his body is coming back

Hoping the best for him , but it feels like he might be done ? 🙄

9 hours ago, boyst said:

i think he's back.

I think there is a good chance.

For that reason I bought myself a Tre White jersey at Dave and Adam's when it hit the clearance for $16.99.    The white one's make good preseason or early season shirt for those hot days.   Passed on the Gabe/Poyer jerseys because I don't expect to see them in Buffalo anytime soon.   Well, maybe Gabe in a couple years after he gets cut.

• Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Happy Belated Birthday !

I really wonder how his body is coming back

Hoping the best for him , but it feels like he might be done ? 🙄

19 minutes ago, juno999 said:

Might be right

My impression was he came back early - healed perhaps but not at same physical level as before - when he was injured.  He had promised he would be back and he was but was a liability and then he was injured again.  He was released from Bills which implies he is healthy again but I think he will have trouble finding work as more than a depth CB.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

For that reason I bought myself a Tre White jersey at Dave and Adam's when it hit the clearance for $16.99.    The white one's make good preseason or early season shirt for those hot days.   Passed on the Gabe/Poyer jerseys because I don't expect to see them in Buffalo anytime soon.   Well, maybe Gabe in a couple years after he gets cut.

How much was the IKF?  He’ll  probably be back in pinstripes at some point.  Did they bring Robby back from Mexico after he mopped the floor with them?

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's funny, my gf cannot resist a good sale and bought me a Trey White jersey as well (home variety). Got it last week. :)

I have his goalie academy sweatshirt as well.

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't see this on a quick scan

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-tredavious-white-release-nfl-meetings/article_30c1e1f0-eac9-11ee-a359-d737f8fb52dd.html#tncms-source=login

McDermott spoke highly of departed players when they were brought up. He wished wide receiver Gabe Davis the best. He called defensive end Leonard Floyd “one of my guys.” He talked about watching linebacker Tyrel Dodson grow.

But he was visibly emotional as he delved more into the conversations with White, the first player drafted by the Bills after McDermott took over as head coach in 2017.

“To me, it’s tragic, in some ways, because of the injuries, and had not the injuries occurred, who knows where his time in Buffalo would have taken him and us?” McDermott said. “I think he’s one of the best defensive backs to ever play in Buffalo – I really believe that.”

I thought it was pretty cool that McDermott talked about how he and other Bills went to Tre White's house after the injury, just to be with him:

McDermott thought back to this past season when White tore his Achilles in Week 4. McDermott and other members of the Bills went to White’s house after the game to be with him. At some points, there was silence.

“What do you say? And there’s nothing you can say other than just try and be there for him,” McDermott said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo

·

37s

All Pro/Pro Bowl Veteran CB Tre’Davious White is signing with the Rams. It’s a one year deal up to $10 million max, per source. Kevin Conner and Robert Brown of

@UniSportsMgmt

confirmed the deal.

Can root for him there happy with his landing spot 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

My impression was he came back early - healed perhaps but not at same physical level as before - when he was injured.  He had promised he would be back and he was but was a liability and then he was injured again.  He was released from Bills which implies he is healthy again but I think he will have trouble finding work as more than a depth CB.

I think we might all agree he appeared to have come back before he was fully capable. He seemed tentative ? of his body.

Wish him the best !

Tre is a good guy and I wish him the best. But Beane did the right things this year to clear cap. Yes, we lost some core players, but players who aren't what they used to be. It was needed. We weren't gonna run it back with the same aging guys. 

Kudos to Beane doing this. It avoids a massive rebuild in a year or two.

15 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

A healthy Tre White is better than any corner we currently have. Wish we would have made it work. Good luck to him

Healthy, being the key word.  Bad luck, however he's essentially not been healthy since mid-2021.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for LA.

Difficult to make it work, financially, when Rasul played so well for us and Benford is continuing to ascend (cheap contract).  Then a backup, former 1st rounder, who flashed but inconsistent.

Time to draft another mid-late rounder, coaching/staff has been solid with developing late round picks.