NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Marquise Goodwin was fast

Marquise Goodwin never had more than 33 catches in a season in college.  Worthy never had a season with fewer than 60.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brandon said:

Marquise Goodwin never had more than 33 catches in a season in college.  Worthy never had a season with fewer than 60.  

John Ross had 81 catches for 1100 yards and 17 TD's his senior year.

I don't like Worthy's build, too slight- especially in the legs

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone questioning Worthy should check out some highlights.  Yes highlights, but the guy has elite level speed and acceleration/ability to create YAC.  

He would instantly draw a safety over the top on his side, wouldn't be taken away 1-1 like Gabe disappeared.

He's the exact fit we need on offense, and boost us to elite level playmakers.  Kincaid, Shakir, Knox in the middle of field and Diggs/Worthy outside is a very balanced group of skill players.  Then Cook, a new RB2, and Josh running.  Will be difficult to stop that offense.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My general feeling of the Combine today is Brian Thomas Jr. solidified his stock, Xavier Worthy, AD Mitchell, and Xavier Legette improved to greatly improved their stock, Troy Franklin and Keon Coleman hurt their stock. 

Add Ladd McConkey and Ricky Pearsall to the improved stock list.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Anyone questioning Worthy should check out some highlights.  Yes highlights, but the guy has elite level speed and acceleration/ability to create YAC.  

He would instantly draw a safety over the top on his side, wouldn't be taken away 1-1 like Gabe disappeared.

He's the exact fit we need on offense, and boost us to elite level playmakers.  Kincaid, Shakir, Knox in the middle of field and Diggs/Worthy outside is a very balanced group of skill players.  Then Cook, a new RB2, and Josh running.  Will be difficult to stop that offense.

If he can get off press

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

If he can get off press

This is said about every 'slight' WR, but there many exceptions.  Ppl said the same about Zay and Addison last year. Devontae Smith few years ago.

Some guys have skills that translate very well to the NFL, IMO Worthy is that guy

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think you need to pair him with a big X. If that is your only play in the draft, I disagree with the strategy. I don't know if Beane has it in him to find a way to make that happen, but there is enough quality in this draft to make it happen. Having a player who gives Josh that option though, who scares a defense the way teams have to constantly be aware of Tyreek Hill, I like that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think you need to pair him with a big X. If that is your only play in the draft, I disagree with the strategy. I don't know if Beane has it in him to find a way to make that happen, but there is enough quality in this draft to make it happen. Having a player who gives Josh that option though, who scares a defense the way teams have to constantly be aware of Tyreek Hill, I like that.

at 28 hope they are there and take 1 of Worthy / Legette / Mitchell

Then maybe 1 of the 3  gets to round 2 and trade up for him

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's wonderful for them. But neither fit what we're looking for.

I understand that, but the Bills may not be able to get a big outside receiver with speed.  Legette showed out, but I thought that Franklin had a rough day except for his 40.  I wasn’t saying to pick either McConkey or Pearsall for the Bills, just saying they improved their stock today.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't think a big X is necessary, just a creative offense that's going to move him around and be used at all 3 levels of thr pass game.  His speed/acceleration best used with some formation/alignment and using him in motion (ie: Hill/Waddle).

Icing on cake is he's also a top tier PR.  Risk is his size, but If I were Beane I'd double down at WR (4th round) with a size guy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I understand that, but the Bills may not be able to get a big outside receiver with speed.  Legette showed out, but I thought that Franklin had a rough day except for his 40.  I wasn’t saying to pick either McConkey or Pearsall for the Bills, just saying they improved their stock today.

There's an extremely small chance that we can't get one of Brian Thomas Jr., Xavier Worthy, Adonai Mitchell, or Xavier Legette. 

7 WR's aren't going to go off the board between 1 and when we pick. There's far too many talented players at other positions and teams that have WR covered and need other things.

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Worthy 4.21 official….its a new record 

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Worthy official time now 4.21

Fastest man in the history of the combine.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I don't think a big X is necessary, just a creative offense that's going to move him around and be used at all 3 levels of thr pass game.  His speed/acceleration best used with some formation/alignment and using him in motion (ie: Hill/Waddle).

Icing on cake is he's also a top tier PR.  Risk is his size, but If I were Beane I'd double down at WR (4th round) with a size guy.

I won't hate it if that's the way they go. I just prefer the big X early, and I think there are players that merit selection at #28. If you go Worthy there, I personally want to get the X in the second or third. I'm going to wait and see how the dust settles after the Combine and free agency. It's easy to get super enthused in the moment, but right now, that doesn't seem impossible. Folks who worry about the D won't like it, but I really think this might be a unique year where opportunity and Josh Allen equals rolling the dice. I think there is enough depth at DT and quality midround safeties to make that risk something you could contemplate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Move over Darrius Heyward-Bey!

This might be sad but in enjoyed watching that Raiders team when they had Campbell/Palmer throwing to DHB and the crew 😂

19 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I won't hate it if that's the way they go. I just prefer the big X early, and I think there are players that merit selection at #28. If you go Worthy there, I personally want to get the X in the second or third. I'm going to wait and see how the dust settles after the Combine and free agency. It's easy to get super enthused in the moment, but right now, that doesn't seem impossible. Folks who worry about the D won't like it, but I really think this might be a unique year where opportunity and Josh Allen equals rolling the dice. I think there is enough depth at DT and quality midround safeties to make that risk something you could contemplate.

100% agree.

Going to be some X types available in the 3rd-4th, that are very talented.

Jerry Rices son and Jalen Coker (top small school WR) are two that I wouldn't mind seeing us draft.  Coker obviously played against lesser talent, but he high-points with some of the top tier prospects (he tested elite in vertical at combine).  Rice is more talented, has the lineage and also a high production receiver in 2023 but has some things to clean up.

Both these guys will go in the 3rd-4th range, IMO.  Right where we should be looking to double-down on WR.

If things align and Beane/staff did their homework, we could come away with our future X and a speedy playmaker.  Lots of "ifs", but could be a 3-year draft that would have garnered us: Cook, Kincaid, Shakir, future X, and immediate #2 upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

John Ross had 81 catches for 1100 yards and 17 TD's his senior year.

I don't like Worthy's build, too slight- especially in the legs

I also have concerns about his durability. 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

100% agree.

Going to be some X types available in the 3rd-4th, that are very talented.

Jerry Rices son and Jalen Coker (top small school WR) are two that I wouldn't mind seeing us draft.  Coker obviously played against lesser talent, but he high-points with some of the top tier prospects (he tested elite in vertical at combine).  Rice is more talented, has the lineage and also a high production receiver in 2023 but has some things to clean up.

Both these guys will go in the 3rd-4th range, IMO.  Right where we should be looking to double-down on WR.

If things align and Beane/staff did their homework, we could come away with our future X and a speedy playmaker.  Lots of "ifs", but could be a 3-year draft that would have garnered us: Cook, Kincaid, Shakir, future X, and immediate #2 upgrade.

I've been wondering about that Coker fella. Waiting on the folks here who study more on the prospects to eventually get to him. The ones I vouch for myself are UGA players and SEC generally, because I watch a lot of that. I like Rice in the fourth.

One thing I can say about the combine today is it actually raised  few more questions than it answered:

1. Franklin and Coleman: bad days or all hype? I really liked Franklin heading into the combine but he measured smaller and had an uninspired showing for drills. Coleman was the opposite: great drills but shockingly slow 40. I think they’re fine and will show better at their pro days, but today saw their stock fall a few spots. They’ll need to do some work to get back to round 1 status.

2. Ladd is Rad: Can McConkey be our outside receiver? He was lined up outside a lot in college, so he has the experience but he is a little on the small side. That being said, when you watch him you get why he is coveted. Looked flawless out there.

3. AD Mitchell: incredible day, and is he now out of range? AD had a fantastic day, and he was a guy I was sure would be available at 28, but maybe not now. He’s smaller and faster than he was advertised by college measurements but he’s still a huge threat and may have really helped himself today. Would not be mad if he was picked.

Other notes:

Worthy was blisteringly fast. 4.21 is insane, and I could see a few teams moving him way up on their boards. Let’s see how he catches at his pro day, but his take and combine show he’s got talent.

Brian Thomas Jr solidified his round 1 status. With a poor showing from Coleman I can see him going in the late teens to early 20’s. I would love it if he’s at 28 but it seems less likely at this point. 

Johnny Wilson is a freaking man among boys. While everyone else measured a few inches shorter than advertised he did not. 6’6” and a good showing today. He will be an early 3rd rounder I think.

Rice, McCaffrey, and Pearsall did well. I think McC and Pearsall could be early 4ths (Pearsall on skill, McC more on name if I’m being honest) and Rice could be a late 4th early 5th.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Worthy was literally smaller than the woman who interviewed him right after his record time.

You guys are crazy wanting him at #28. I fear he's going to be the next Darrius Heward-Bey, Troy Williamson, John Ross, etc- who can fly but not play WR at the NFL level.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

One of the last 4 guys on the list will be a Buffalo Bill and it's very exciting. Here's how I have it after today:

Marvin Harrison Jr. - Ohio State

Malik Nabers - LSU

Rome Odunze - Washington

Brian Thomas Jr. - LSU

Xavier Worthy - Texas

Xavier Legette - South Carolina

Adonai Mitchell - Texas

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

One of the last 4 guys on the list will be a Buffalo Bill and it's very exciting. Here's how I have it after today:

Malik Nabers - LSU

Rome Odunze - Washington

Brian Thomas Jr. - LSU

Xavier Worthy - Texas

Adonai Mitchell - Texas

Ladd McConkey. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Malik Nabers - LSU

Rome Odunze - Washington

Brian Thomas Jr. - LSU

Xavier Worthy - Texas

Adonai Mitchell - Texas

My rankings currently. All of these dudes will be gone by the end of round 2 I think:

Malik Nabers - LSU

Rome Odunze - Washington

Brian Thomas Jr. - LSU

Adonai Mitchell - Texas

Ladd McConkey - Georgia 

Xavier Worthy - Texas

Keon Coleman - FSU

Troy Franklin - Oregon

Ja’Lynn Polk - Washington

* notes: I like some of the other receivers over both Xavier’s but their showing today is gonna make people adjust their boards. They aren’t bad prospects at all, I’m just thinking people see a 40 time for Coleman and don’t realize he plays very fast despite how it looks in a straight line. Hoping Franklin bounces back too, but I like all of these guys and would be happy with any of them most likely

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Malik Nabers - LSU

Rome Odunze - Washington

Brian Thomas Jr. - LSU

Xavier Worthy - Texas

Adonai Mitchell - Texas

Don’t overestimate worthy cuz of the 40 / he was the #2 wr at Tex’s. If bills go wr at 28 they’ll get one of Thomas, Mitchell or Franklin which are all great

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Don’t overestimate worthy cuz of the 40 / he was the #2 wr at Tex’s. If bills go wr at 28 they’ll get one of Thomas, Mitchell or Franklin which are all great

Franklin's stock dropped terribly in my eyes today. He weighed in less than expected. He ran slower than expected. He measured shorter in height than expected. He looked rough in drills.

Run that straight line, Troy:

• Agree 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Franklin's stock dropped terribly in my eyes today. He weighed in less than expected. He ran slower than expected. He measured shorter in height than expected. He looked rough in drills.

Run that straight line, Troy:

Unfortunately, I had to tell him it was time to leave the Club house of favorites. I can tell you, he was terribly disappointed. Terribly.

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Unfortunately, I had to tell him it was time to leave the Club house of favorites. I can tell you, he was terribly disappointed. Terribly.

The thing that put him higher to me was that, even though he was a light frame of 195 lbs. - he was 6'3" and had elite speed.

Then he came to the Combine and he's actually 6'1", weighs 176 lbs, and runs a 4.41.

Then he hit the field for drills and was sloppy. Dropping balls, falling down, doing zig zags in the gauntlet.

He was kind of all over the place as far as predictions of where he'll fall. With many on the board much higher on him than prognosticators. Seems to me after today, the ones that had him as a mid 2nd Round guy were more accurate than posters who had him as WR5.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Missed the RB's earlier and am watching the replay now.

Disappointed that Braelon Allen didn't run today. He's looking like a man amongst boys in that group. Would be the perfect compliment to Cook, but I doubt he'll be available at a point where we can consider a RB.

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It’s frustrating that we have Allen’s arm and don’t throw downfield nearly enough.  

We should be taking shots practically every drive. Go get a couple of WR’s who can make that happen

We have to be better at hitting them when we take them. 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We haven't executed deep throws very well. Josh has to be better at them but having guys better at winning deep can't hurt!

Agreed.

I don't think the answer is "these guys can't do it, we need all new guys" like he makes it out to be.

Josh is just as guilty of being just off with an overthrow or underthrow just as much as guys not tracking it or dropping it.

So often I see him just launch the thing with full strength behind the throw, very quickly. Often because the blocking isn't quite there. Anytime that happens, I know it's not going to be caught as soon as he releases it.

In the case of not doing it enough as he mentioned, that can also just be a gameplay design. New WR's aren't going to guarantee that we're going to throw it deep more or hit them more either.

Everyone likes to point to the Diggs drop. Yes, it was bad and yes, it was the last thing we saw so it sticks in our mind. But he comes down with that WAY more often than he doesn't. I refuse to believe that all of a sudden, he's just toast and can't catch anymore.

... bit of a side tangent rant - but these kind of discussions inevitably turn to "the drop" and in his case, why a 1st Round WR or even a 1st and a 3rd is simply not enough.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Xavier worthy is very much in play for the bills

He isn’t just a straight line runner you can see that from his phone

I’d love if he was in play…However, I have long thought the Bills would need to trade up to get him…

If not, I could see a team jumping the Bills to get him, especially since everyone knows we need WR…

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

So now everyone loves A Mitchell after the combine?

Where were you guys all thread with me? Hes been my boy!!!

I am confused with him. I don't think I can touch his grade based on yesterday because I don't think it aligns with the tape. I need to go and do a re-watch of him but for now I'm leaving him where he is on the board. Mid 2nd grade.