Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

TBBills Fan

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He has been surrounded by elite players that make clutch plays, and elite coaches, on both sides of the ball. He also did not play especially well in this game. And that's fine. QBs are allowed to play below their highest standard and still win games against great opponents. At least some QBs are.

Seriously if anyone's takeaway from this game is "Mahomes just finds a way to get it done" I have about zero respect for your football opinion. Please use your eyes.

Disclaimer: None of this is meant to take away from the greatness that is Mahomes. He is one of the best QBs I've ever watched.

Agreed.  

And also what you allude to is all anyone in sports media will take from this.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He has been surrounded by elite players that make clutch plays, and elite coaches, on both sides of the ball. He also did not play especially well in this game. And that's fine. QBs are allowed to play below their highest standard and still win games against great opponents. At least some QBs are.

Seriously if anyone's takeaway from this game is "Mahomes just finds a way to get it done" I have about zero respect for your football opinion. Please use your eyes.

Disclaimer: None of this is meant to take away from the greatness that is Mahomes. He is one of the best QBs I've ever watched.

Dude come on.

If Allen had that game, with clutch play after clutch play in the 4th Q and OT, with his arm and his leg, to keep drives alive and get points when they absolutely NEEDED to, you’d be melting down all the metal in your house to start building the statue.

There’s bias and then there’s this lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

It matters to me. If you want to hear Brock Purdy is better than Allen all ***** off season then I guess you are disappointed.

We already knew the Chiefs were a great team.

He went to the Super Bowl, they're going to say that anyway, they said that about Tua this season, they're lazy and looking for attention from easy clicks. It's stupid takes there's no reason for me to care, the Bills have to figure things out to give Josh more weapons and keep the line solid and fill the holes on defense that's really all that matters this offseason.

Just now, JMM said:

He threw for over 300 yards, but when he HAD to make plays,  he did. Every single time. All playoffs, then tonight. That's what GOATS do

I mean this may be an agree to disagree type situation haha imo he should have HAD to make even more plays but the chiefs defense always bails them out when they make mistakes.  Comes down to how you see the game of football personally I guess

Chris jones shows up when they need a big play on the defensive side whenever they need one which took a ton of pressure off the chiefs offense all year 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Who honestly can stand this anymore.  We go from Pats for 20 years no we are looking at KC for another 10.

It's like rooting for the Washington Generals if you aren't a KC fan.

All the bandwagon Patriots fans from the last 20 years are probably diehard Chiefs fans now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Trev said:

This should’ve been us.  We traded Mahomes to the chiefs. We should be a dynasty by now.

Jesus Christ. So, we haven't made and won Super Bowls because we don't have Mahomes? You're clueless. How would Mahomes have done not walking into a team with a HOF head coach, the greatest TE ever, Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt? Get a clue

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’m in a squares pool that pays $300 per game minute. Of course my ***** numbers are 2 and 5. But the person who has 0 and 0 is already up 3 grand. 

Well what do you know, 5 and 2 ***** hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

If you couldn’t see that ending coming from a mile away, I don’t know what to tell you 

Please explain it slowly so that I can understand . . . . 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.