Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

7 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Seems like Diggs has been sort of waging war with the Bills for a while. Can’t be helping chemistry. 

Wasn’t there a rumor that Allen hooked up with his girlfriend, or ex or something? There’s definitely been some bad blood there anyway. 

I'm just ready to move on from him.  He has regressed on the field, dissappears every KC game, and he isn't an impact come the playoffs.

We are paying a #2 WR #1 money. Just move on.  Hell KC doesn't have Diggs and not only makes,but wins superbowls. We will be fine without him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

I came to see what he said that was so cryptic bc i dont want to feed the media, and this has got to be the most ridiculous "cryptic" tweet to go on lmao. "ready for whatever" gets fans to say "IM DONE WITH THIS DRAMA QUEEN" "TRADE HIM" "GET RID OF HIM"

Like honestly at this point he is trolling the media, and the media is trolling you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Seems like Diggs has been sort of waging war with the Bills for a while. Can’t be helping chemistry. 

Wasn’t there a rumor that Allen hooked up with his girlfriend, or ex or something? There’s definitely been some bad blood there anyway. 

Many folks have reported that there was a point where Allen and Diggs were not on speaking terms and that Allen had to be the bigger person and cobble together some kind of working relationship.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I'm just ready to move on from him.  He has regressed on the field, dissappears every KC game, and he isn't an impact come the playoffs.

We are paying a #2 WR #1 money. Just move on.  Hell KC doesn't have Diggs and not only makes,but wins superbowls. We will be fine without him.

Weird season for him. A bunch of 100 yd games in the first half, but barely a factor in most games down the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Many folks have reported that there was a point where Allen and Diggs were not on speaking terms and that Allen had to be the bigger person and cobble together some kind of working relationship.

What “ folks are these ? Do we know if there is any validity to this at all ? 

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

I came to see what he said that was so cryptic bc i dont want to feed the media, and this has got to be the most ridiculous "cryptic" tweet to go on lmao. "ready for whatever" gets fans to say "IM DONE WITH THIS DRAMA QUEEN" "TRADE HIM" "GET RID OF HIM"

Like honestly at this point he is trolling the media, and the media is trolling you.

The "Ready for watever" would be a reasonable tweet if you think Beane approached Diggs for a pay cut and Diggs turned him down.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

What “ folks are these ? Do we know if there is any validity to this at all ? 

Folks that I trust that definitely have sources within the org.

I have no idea the “why” behind it and neither did they.

You know what would be funny?

If Diggs was actually totally happy here (like he’s said) and planned on retiring here (like he’s said) and was a great teammate (like players have said). 

Yet the constant BS from the sports media and seemingly 50% of the fan base that fall for it made him decide to go elsewhere. He would probably never have a good thing to say about ‘Bills Mafia’ after, and rightfully so. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The "Ready for watever" would be a reasonable tweet if you think Beane approached Diggs for a pay cut and Diggs turned him down.

I hope so and he said no. Then we can trade him.

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If Diggs was actually totally happy here (like he’s said) and planned on retiring here (like he’s said) and was a great teammate (like players have said). 

Yet the constant BS from the sports media and seemingly 50% of the fan base that fall for it made him decide to go elsewhere. He would probably never have a good thing to say about ‘Bills Mafia’ after, and rightfully so. 

Ah the old “running them out of town” argument. Because Brandon Beane and Stef are deciding their futures based on TBD commentary.

This is the same type of comment we got with Trent and Fitz and Tyrod and Mario Williams all the other dudes who sucked who got “ran out of town by the fans.” Spoiler alert: they still ***** sucked after they left.

Let’s make it simple. If you are going to make the argument that the fans are “running a player out of town,” that’s proof positive the player sucks. You are admitting Diggs sucks.

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I wonder how poorly past athletes would be viewed if social media was around when they played. Think of those Bills teams that went to the Super Bowl-they weren't good dudes. Even in other sports, I guarantee you Michael Jordan would not be as revered and worshipped like he is. Outstanding competitor but countless stories of him being an extreme POS. Sometimes fans believing they should have all of this access to the players is not a good thing 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Yea, this is not it, but even if it was.. his play on the field last year didn’t come close to warranting his $$$.  What do NFL teams usually do when that becomes the case?  They move on, if possible.  For us, it may or may not be possible.

My guess.. Diggs is available, but due to the cap pain we’d face by trading him, it has to be worth it .. and I’m guessing we’ve gotten offers that aren’t worth it. 

Props to him for owning up publicly to the drop against KC.. a big part of my change in view from him post-CIN (favorable) to post-KC (unfavorable) is that he doesn’t step up in the biggest moments and, on top of it, seems incapable of owning up to that.  Seeing some self-reflection from him is a welcome sight.. now if he’s here this season and could step up in a big playoff moment, that would be great. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hope so and he said no. Then we can trade him.

I think that's what Diggs is preparing for, something to possibly happen to him because his employer asked him to take a pay cut and he wouldn't do it.  Diggs isn't saying he wants out, he is saying he is not going to give up the contracted money.  But saying no to your employer can make you uneasy.

By most accounts it seems a toothless threat.  If the spotrac numbers are to be believed the Bills lose way more than they gain by cutting Diggs loose or trading him (caveat - spotrac doesn't know all the details of the contracts).

So yeah, Diggs may be poking Beane, but you know, maybe Beane deserved it.  If Beane crafted the contract the way it's reported by spotrac (when there are ways to structure deals that have tradeable pieces in them), that's on Beane.  And as Diggs showed, he has been living up to WR1 #s the last 4 years.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think that's what Diggs is preparing for, something to possibly happen to him because his employer asked him to take a pay cut and he wouldn't do it.  Diggs isn't saying he wants out, he is saying he is not going to give up the contracted money.  But saying no to your employer can make you uneasy.

By most accounts it seems a toothless threat.  If the spotrac numbers are to be believed the Bills lose way more than they gain by cutting Diggs loose or trading him (caveat - spotrac doesn't know all the details of the contracts).

So yeah, Diggs may be poking Beane, but you know, maybe Beane deserved it.  If Beane crafted the contract the way it's reported by spotrac (when there are ways to structure deals that have tradeable pieces in them), that's on Beane.  And as Diggs showed, he has been living up to WR1 #s the last 4 years.

WR1’s step up in the playoffs.

Even Hill had 5 for 62 and a TD against KC in a game where his QB couldn’t even throw the ball in the cold. 

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's a different day and age. This is what people born in the mid 90s and 2000's do. It is what it is. 

It's not so different than a lot of players. Ever looked at Rasul Douglas' Twitter account?

The difference is Diggs is an NFL Celebrity. Everything he says or does captures the fan and medias attention. Is it his fault that everyone chooses to play the Da Vinci Code with everything he says or does? Should he stop being him just bc people hold him to a different standard?

Exactly.

Simple solution for everyone:

just stop reading into/paying attention to every little thing Diggs tweets.

Problem solved! 😮‍💨 

people read into every little thing Diggs tweets, then blame him for it… 🤷‍♂️ even though he’s said over & over he wants to retire a Buffalo Bill.

Edited by BillsFan4

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Ah the old “running them out of town” argument. Because Brandon Beane and Stef are deciding their futures based on TBD commentary.

This is the same type of comment we got with Trent and Fitz and Tyrod and Mario Williams all the other dudes who sucked who got “ran out of town by the fans.” Spoiler alert: they still ***** sucked after they left.

Let’s make it simple. If you are going to make the argument that the fans are “running a player out of town,” that’s proof positive the player sucks. You are admitting Diggs sucks.

Do you think Diggs sucks?

None of us have a clue what’s really going on in the locker room.  If he’s a distraction trade him and set up the offense around Kincaid and Knox, and draft a potential #1 WR this year.  If he’s not a distraction then roll with it.