Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Uh, yeah, I gotta agree with the question mark. There was no reaction indicating it was Josh's fault. If there was, this board would never let it go.

After one of the deep ball drops in the playoffs Diggs did hold up his fingers in a "was just a little off" manner.

However, there was no context to know if he meant the THROW was a little off or he was "THIS CLOSE" to catching it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

no

this was the gesture he made after he picked himself up

3W02h4.jpg

It hit him in the hands. If anything that's him saying "so close" in regards to the long ball pass and catch connecting.

No way he's saying that was Josh's fault. He knows it wasn't and took full accountability for it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

It hit him in the hands. If anything that's him saying "so close" in regards to the long ball pass and catch connecting.

No way he's saying that was Josh's fault. He knows it wasn't and took full accountability for it.

that would be your interpretation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I want a week in Costa Rica.

And a pony.

I'm right there with you. Although I have rode a horse on the white sands of Antigua. I was too chicken to ride a horse bareback in the Caribbean Ocean. My wife did and she called it one of her greatest life experiences 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW a twitter account with 43.5k followers claims 

“Texans making a strong move to try to land Diggs from the Bills. Multiple draft picks”

I know the money makes a trade unlikely but it really feels like something is going on. 

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“Texans making a strong move to try to land Diggs from the Bills. Multiple draft picks”

A lot of followers means nothing. ECB gained a lot of followers. Anyone without any media credentials that goes out of their way to say "I had it first" (especially when they really didn't) is a clout chaser. Prob has a lot of followers for calling themselves CTESPN. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’m not sure I’m against this.  Clear some space and get some value.

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

I know the money makes a trade unlikely but it really feels like something is going on. 

I deleted my post because the account appears to be fake…but I agree. I’d give it a 25% chance he’s trade by tomorrow

1 minute ago, Aurelius said:

I’m not sure I’m against this.  Clear some space and get some value.

if it were the case, I’d do

Diggs, 128, Conditional 3rd in 2025

For Houston 42 & 59

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I deleted my post because the account appears to be fake…but I agree. I’d give it a 25% chance he’s trade by tomorrow

if it were the case, I’d do

Diggs, 128, Conditional 3rd in 2025

For Houston 42 & 59

Diggs, a mountain of dead cap, a 3rd, and a 4th for 2 2nd's? Pass.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That account is supposedly run by Antonio Brown and he appears to have reported Russ Wilson to Steelers way before anyone else

If that is true, i'd trust it even less. I wouldn't trust Antonio Brown telling me whether or not it's going to rain. And the idea that anyone in the NFL who makes decisions is telling Brown anything, when he's essentially persona non grata, is dubious at best.

Would also explain the CTESPN handle and taking credit for "having Fields to the Steelers first" when they said Fields to the Steelers doesn't make sense. Guys brain is mush.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

29 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

no

3W02h4.jpg

you are really grasping at straws here.  How does this show He thought the pass was off?

36 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

no

3W02h4.jpg

I took that as meaning "I almost had it, I was THIS close" not "you were off, buddy".

33 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

OK, so obviously at best, it's something with multiple reasonable interpretations by us fans, so why is it a good basis for being down on the guy?

4 minutes ago, julian said:

Only his first tweets in Minnesota got him traded.. so there’s that

I don't think it was the tweets

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I took that as meaning "I almost had it, I was THIS close" not "you were off, buddy".

Or "that close to a big play, it was right there - let's keep the foot on the gas". 

Like anything else with him, there's a million different ways of looking at it. But if you've got an axe to grind, you're only going to look at it in the way that fits your narrative and ignore any other possibility.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm sure it was specifically the tweets.

We all know what happened.. why do people have to ba either all in on Diggs, or a conspiracy theorist who wants him gone.

I love Diggs the player, he’s been excellent and the Bills are better next year if he’s in the team. I can also acknowledge that he may not want to be in Buffalo and if that’s the case then so be it.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m not a Stef white knight like most of the folks in here, but I actually didn’t have that come across to me like a shot at Allen or the pass or whatever. I took it as “this close.”

Imo, much worse was MVS indicating to Mahomes that a pass was slightly behind him after like single-handedly losing 3 games for the Chiefs 

14 minutes ago, julian said:

We all know what happened.. why do people have to ba either all in on Diggs, or a conspiracy theorist who wants him gone.

I love Diggs the player, he’s been excellent and the Bills are better next year if he’s in the team. I can also acknowledge that he may not want to be in Buffalo and if that’s the case then so be it.

I'm saying it had more to do with him being unhappy with the offensive scheme and the fit than it did "the tweets" specifically. Plus us offering a 1st Round pick. No GM trades a player based on cryptic tweets alone.

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Or "that close to a big play, it was right there - let's keep the foot on the gas". 

Like anything else with him, there's a million different ways of looking at it. But if you've got an axe to grind, you're only going to look at it in the way that fits your narrative and ignore any other possibility.

Honestly, do you think like Stef should be interpreted like any other player or do you think we should take his history and the way he exited Minnesota into account with our interpretations?