So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

• Yes
    • No

This will be the first that I don’t watch. Lady wants to go away for the weekend hiking and then I have my drum lessons.

I’m pretty sure I know how it’s going to end. Each year I drift a little further away from the NFL. My father was the same way at my age. I’m losing interest pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Most years I watch it but probably not this year. There's just something fake and vile about it with Taylor Swift and Mahomes/ Kelce plastered on every commercial. I want to see a game, not a contrived marketing event.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 9

4 hours ago, Preds said:

Any Super Bowl with the Chiefs, Patriots or Eagles in it, is a Super Bowl I refuse to watch, and havent watched in previous years.   

I'm the same way with the Jets and Cowboys.

I’ve only missed one SB since I was a little kid, and that was a work flight.  It was the GB/ Steelers game.  I may not be fond of either team, but I’m keenly aware after two weeks, there is no more football until September.  The XFL doesn’t count.  I tried to watch those games, but it didn’t appeal to me.  The talent is significantly less.

I won’t watch. We just got done having Brady in 10 Super Bowls in 20 years, and now we’ve got Mahomes in 4 of the last 5 and 6 AFCCGs in a row. The 49ers have been to 3 straight NFCCGs and 4 of the last 5. We got this exact Super Bowl in the 2019 season.

I’ll honestly probably watch Toy Story or Cars with my 2 year old and read him stories for bedtime. That sounds so much better than anything the NFL is putting on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Most years I watch it but probably not this year. There's just something fake and vile about it with Taylor Swift and Mahomes/ Kelce plastered on every commercial. I want to see a game, not a contrived marketing event.

Agree with you.  For me, the NFL walk now on a fine line. I just talk about me and i dont want to convince anybody.  

Since some years, i didnt listen at all the pre-game show and all the NFL show. I didnt give a *** when they do politics. I dont watch commercial, more and more politic also. I'm only a football fan and i found a lot of good  football events on the net, like Cover1, and i really think it is better because they only talk about football there and, even if i should not say that i have to say if i watch the NFL, it is only for the game. I love football.

I can deal with the show because when we heard the whitle, it is football.

But, this year, NFL entertainment made a step on the other side of the line. I just cant skip that because it is now during the game. It is the first time this year i see it at this point during a game.

The SB show will have a big part about a love story and i dont care at all about it.

Then, i have to be interested with the matchup. I watched Chiefs-Ravens because i really want to see if that Chiefs defense could stop Jackson. I was pretty sure about it, but i was interested and i watched the game...but i'm not for this Chiefs-49ers. Not enough to deal with the -show-.

• Agree 2

Watched about 10 minutes total last year. This year I actually like one participant- San Francisco. Maybe catch some of the 4th quarter again. Just hate the Chiefs so it doesn’t hold much entertainment value. If they lose I’d like to see that ending. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.