Joe Brady Officially Promoted as Bills OC!

KDIGGZ

34 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

The afc rep in the superbowl has zero wide receivers. 

Nah rice is good. KC has once again (coaching) morphed their offense to fit the times and using a quick pass , screens . Hit the te and RBs and sprinkle in wr. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So here is a breakdown of Brady's LSU stuff. Looks to be a mix of wide spread stuff and compressed bunch formations which is a lot of what we saw towards the end of the year. 

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2022/1/28/22904266/miami-hurricanes-football-film-review-joe-brady-bunch-sets-as-oc-rumors-come-full-circle-cristobal

A breakdown of his smash of stuff. 

A lot of this stuff looks familiar. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Why not?  McD's got a 3 year streak of firing a coordinator to take heat off himself for disappointing post-seasons.  

Funny thing about McD...he knows the owners aren't going to fire him with 4 years and 35M in guarantees due.  I haven't even heard he needed to meet with them post season either.  Besides, Terry has enough to contend with and wants nothing to do with a HC search.  

Brady will do what Dorsey and Daboll wouldn't (with Josh at QB): coordinate the offense to be "complementary" to the defense.  And that means more running, more safe throws, a decent regular season record, and losing to KC/CIN or whomever actually runs a competent offense they play in the post-season.  

I'm not sure what your post has to do with mine.  McDermott chooses the coaches. Dorsey and Daboll did what they were told by their boss too.  You think Dorsey went rogue with some elaborate offensive scheme in defiance to McDermott? That's actually hilarious. 

FYI, I'm not a McDermott supporter.  

Just now, Steptide said:

I hope they do a pc with Brady now that he's officially hired. I'd really love to know his thoughts on having a full off season to create the offense 

I remember he was lauded as a pretty strong up and coming guy for the league before the blunder in Carolina.  Really hoping we found something with him.  Listening to a PC from him would be really nice insight that I'd love to hear.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So here is a breakdown of Brady's LSU stuff. Looks to be a mix of wide spread stuff and compressed bunch formations which is a lot of what we saw towards the end of the year. 

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2022/1/28/22904266/miami-hurricanes-football-film-review-joe-brady-bunch-sets-as-oc-rumors-come-full-circle-cristobal

A breakdown of his smash of stuff. 

A lot of this stuff looks familiar. 

Thanks. This makes a lot of sense that we would run the compressed bunches considering our personnel. I am hoping he is able to open up more with a real #1/#2 combo of Diggs and a rookie.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Could have or should have?

Could have. “Should have” depends entirely upon your perspective. Guess what people, somebody always loses in a playoff game. It would be childish to think it should never be our team. 

2 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Yes create plays please that throw our top Wr’s open. Look at the play design on the Vikings. No matter what JJ gets the ball and the defense knows it and can’t stop it. Great play design to throw him open all the time 

Watch the first couple of drives by the chefs against us. mahomes throwing to a spot on timing.  Picked us apart for a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

I like the hire.  You need to pair a good rushing attack along with Josh Allen's skill set.  They need some explosive plays in a game but sometimes the opponent does a good job taking that away.   Kansas City is the gold standard and they generate some big plays from Pacheco runs and often just some catch and runs from Kelce or whoever.    

47 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I remember he was lauded as a pretty strong up and coming guy for the league before the blunder in Carolina.  Really hoping we found something with him.  Listening to a PC from him would be really nice insight that I'd love to hear.

Recent events in Carolina suggest Brady probably wasn't the issue. That team has been a trainwreck since Tepper got there

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Recent events in Carolina suggest Brady probably wasn't the issue. That team has been a trainwreck since Tepper got there

Agreed. To compound it, Brady was let go under Matt Rhule who seems to continue failing upwards.

I will judge Brady on what I've seen him do when handed the keys here.

• Like (+1) 1

Time will tell.  

I liked the fact that he is not afraid to keep running the ball.  That's where winning starts on offense.  The Bills learned to do that this year and they have a nice group at RB, TE and O-Line.  This should continue.

Hopefully they add a veteran wr and draft one and maybe justin shorter can help some also and the bills have weapons that can get open and catch the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

He seemed to unlock Shakir. He also seemed to find a good balance for Josh. Need to see a little more aggression and less throws right at the LOS. But I support the hire. He and Josh basically need to live together this offseason. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That's what I'm thinking as well.  It's Sabres level bad of foundational issues

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I'm not sure what your post has to do with mine.  McDermott chooses the coaches. Dorsey and Daboll did what they were told by their boss too.  You think Dorsey went rogue with some elaborate offensive scheme in defiance to McDermott? That's actually hilarious. 

FYI, I'm not a McDermott supporter.  

I'm saying it's suspect that everyone jumps on board the OC decision when there's an underwhelming track record hiring coordinators.  

This is a macro level discussion which has devolved into isolated issues.  Brady will implement the offensive game-plan which aligns with the HC's guidance.  Right or not, it comes back to McD. 

My concern is, particularly since the 2020 off-season, that Buffalo will maintain status quo, and the offense will be built as if the Bills had a game-manager or slightly better QB.  Brady's hiring seems to point in that direction, though it's a long off-season.  We'll see. 

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Obviously. You don't think we could have beat the Ravens? 

Anything can happen any game.  Beating KC is not an automatic SB bid.  Cause they had a bad game against KC you think it would have played out the same way?  Not the way things happen in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.