Browns interview Ken Dorsey for OC position

Dorsey was part of building this thing. By all counts he’s a good X’s and O’s coach and a smart guy. But he seems to lack in his feel for play calling. If he can get better at that then he’s a good get for somebody. 

I have no ill will for the guy. Good luck out there Ken.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Merge if needed.  Alex Van Pelt is a better OC (ask Jim Kelly and Aaron Rodgers) and they are stepping backwards into a pile which is brown and smells bad.

Kelly could never excel in a traditional offense and Rodgers likes Nate Hackett. Sorry but I can't endorse AVP as a OC.

31 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Good. I like him, but I want a WCO brought in here. Rogers, Favre, Elway, Young, Montana and even the crybaby Mahomes has excelled with a WCO. Look what it did for the young rookie in Houston. 

I kinda feel like that's a heavily modified version of the WCO as Stroud was throwing deep down field fairly often.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Guy was fired after 12 games working with JOSH ALLEN. If he couldn’t succeed here, he won’t succeed there. Weird interview choice for the Browns. 

Disagree.  He failed because he had Josh Allen and tried to protect him and not let him be Josh Allen.   If he goes to a team without Josh Allen, chances are he has to work with what he has - and I think he can be quite good.  Its a risk for any team, but I'd consider taking a chance if I was looking for an OC.

He got a bit of a raw deal here.  we needed to change to get a spark.  He was the sacrificial lamb to some extent.  Much more so than the actual root cause of the problem.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Guy was fired after 12 games working with JOSH ALLEN. If he couldn’t succeed here, he won’t succeed there. Weird interview choice for the Browns. 

11 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

Disagree.  He failed because he had Josh Allen and tried to protect him and not let him be Josh Allen.   If he goes to a team without Josh Allen, chances are he has to work with what he has - and I think he can be quite good.  Its a risk for any team, but I'd consider taking a chance if I was looking for an OC.

He got a bit of a raw deal here.  we needed to change to get a spark.  He was the sacrificial lamb to some extent.  Much more so than the actual root cause of the problem.

In fairness to Dorsey, if you listen to all of McDermott's comments about Josh Allen through the entirety of last offseason, it's clear that Dorsey was doing what McDermott wanted... to have Josh run less. That's on McDermott.

Joe Brady has done 2 things that Dorsey couldn't that have had a huge difference:

1) He has convinced McDermott that Josh needs to run more.

2) He has gotten Josh back to the level of discipline that he had under Brian Daboll where he's not trying to throw a grand slam home run on every play. Daboll was pretty good at this whereas Dorsey failed to reign in Josh.

Repeating myself yet again but in 2020 Josh completed 69.2% of his passes and threw only 10 INTs. His INT % was 1.7%, the lowest of his career. This year Josh is at 3.1%, the highest since he was a rookie however he's been playing with more discipline lately in the passing game.

Josh will have to be nearly flawless for us to reach the summit.

BTW @JimBob2232, congratulations on getting the Indy job!

https://www.colts.com/team/coaches-roster/jim-bob-cooter

• Agree 1

I like Ken. Shame it didn't work out here.  Maybe time helps him cover some errors he made here. Might be a good spot for him as I don't think Stefanski gives away play calling duties. Lets him take a step back and learn. 

I think his biggest flaws were his lack of feel for game flow and an overly complicated system. Neither would be an issue for him as an OC for Stefanski.

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Bad news for the Browns is Watson will be back 

He hasn't been good since the 2020 season. That's 4 years ago this fall. 

That's fine with me i don't like the guy & i hope all of his seasons go like this last one the NFL is better off with out him I know that's harsh but i just didn't like anything he did or the way he handled his self after the fact and then to get rewarded for it by the Browns 😢 i think this was another Browns type decision .

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.