Terry Pegula sends a message to Bills fans

Einstein

Terry is a good guy as billionaires go, its good to see he recognizes the fan base so thoroughly and regularly, 

was hoping he was gonna say that he was putting a roof on the new stadium 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Terry is a good guy as billionaires go, its good to see he recognizes the fan base so thoroughly and regularly, 

was hoping he was gonna say that he was putting a roof on the new stadium 😁👍

Pegula thinks we love this stuff and would be upset if he put a roof on it.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We are very fortunate to have wound up with him and Kim as owners, as opposed to say, JB Jovi or the Rogers Media conglomerate…

Or this...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Clearly most do and would be.

Absolutely no one would be mad if they built a dome. The only thing fans would’ve complained about is if they moved downtown and eliminated tailgating.

There are fans that don’t go because of cold, rain, and snow. Are you telling me that “no roof” fans wouldn’t go because it’s 68 degrees and dry inside?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Some love it, some hate it,  it is not a Universal"

Die hards and season ticket holders are still going if they built a closed roof stadium. Thats why what they’re doing is financially stupid. You’re eliminating fans that don’t want to sit in wet cold weather.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Absolutely no one would be mad if they built a dome. The only thing fans would’ve complained about is if they moved downtown and eliminated tailgating.

You are incorrect, I would be "mad" or shall I say disappointed.   You just dont click your fingers and suddenly a  dome appears.  You build a dome stadium it would still be getting litigated with New York State and ticket prices would only go up more.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

You are incorrect, I would be "mad" or shall I say disappointed.   You just dont click your fingers and suddenly a  dome appears.  You build a dome stadium it would still be getting litigated with New York State and ticket prices would only go up more.

Ticket prices going up no matter what they built.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pegula thinks we love this stuff and would be upset if he put a roof on it.

Buffalonians do love it for the most part

It's something we as a city and fan base have embraced for a long time

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Having an open stadium presents logistical challenges when the weather turns, but overall I still say it is a competitive advantage as long as we have a QB like Josh.  Tell me that if we beat the chiefs and the the Texans knock off the Ravens, that paying a warm weather dome team in Orchard Park doesn't get you excited.  If that scenario plays out, it's a huge Buffalo advantage.

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Die hards and season ticket holders are still going if they built a closed roof stadium. Thats why what they’re doing is financially stupid. You’re eliminating fans that don’t want to sit in wet cold weather.

A lot of people and every single media outlet in the country called The stadium deal financially irresponsible

They were complaining about how much money the state was giving up for the stadium...

A dome would have been five six seven hundred million dollars more....

That's a lot of money for three uses a year

And we will fill the stadium regardless

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

was hoping he was gonna say that he was putting a roof on the new stadium over Buffalo 😁👍

FIFY

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There are fans that don’t go because of cold, rain, and snow. Are you telling me that “no roof” fans wouldn’t go because it’s 68 degrees and dry inside?

Probably the same type of fans that make the Air Canada Center in Toronto seem as quiet as a library for Maple Leaf games.

Likely not the crowd we want there to provide a "home field advantage".

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

A lot of people and every single media outlet in the country called The stadium deal financially irresponsible

They were complaining about how much money the state was giving up for the stadium...

A dome would have been five six seven hundred million dollars more....

That's a lot of money for three uses a year

And we will fill the stadium regardless

That’s just stadiums in general. Economically sports stadiums are bad investments. I’m talking about strictly from a ticket perspective. You’re eliminating a lot of demand by having an open stadium.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It is not "financially stupid".  I think they have thought through the finances a bit more rigorously than you have, they get a lot of fan input and did a deliberate process to decide.

Want to build a dome stadium than tickets prices go up ever more.  So if they go up more the season ticket holders or die hards can always pay for club tickets.

I know it is a bummer but there is no "perfect" solution, you cant please 80,000 patrons and keep the finances workable.  I think they have reached a reasonable solution and incorporating 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Probably the same type of fans that make the Air Canada Center in Toronto seem as quiet as a library for Maple Leaf games.

Likely not the crowd we want there to provide a "home field advantage".

I don’t think we would have to worry about crowd noise here. I think we’d be a lot like New Orleans. That place is nuts and intimidating.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Some love it, some hate it,  it is not a Universal"

Well.......the people who prefer being out in this sh!t will still come if there is a dome.   Lot's of people don't come simply because of the weather.    And this is coming from someone who was outside there tailgating and in the stadium for 9+ hours yesterday.   

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It is not "financially stupid".  I think they have thought through the finances a bit more rigorously than you have, they get a lot of fan input and did a deliberate process to decide.

Want to build a dome stadium than tickets prices go up ever more.  So if they go up more the season ticket holders or die hards can always pay for club tickets.

I know it is a bummer but there is no "perfect" solution, you cant please 80,000 patrons and keep the finances workable.  I think they have reached a reasonable solution and incorporating 

I would love to see a pricing breakdown. 

I absolutely hated his press release on the new stadium. He basically said no roof because football should be played outdoors. Hated that comment. 

• Like (+1) 4

To be fair....

giphy.gif

...An organization as financially lucrative as the Buffalo Bills should not need to crowdsource the snow shoveling efforts for their stadium. They ought to be able to afford to hire professional grounds maintenance professionals and put greater capital and effort into ensuring that the customers of their product who pay $150+ for seats don't have to sit on a foot of snow.

But that's just like, my opinion, man...

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well.......the people who prefer being out in this sh!t will still come if there is a dome.   Lot's of people don't come simply because of the weather.    And this is coming from someone who was outside there tailgating and in the stadium for 9+ hours yesterday.   

No doubt some dont come due to the weather, and no doubt some wont because the dome will change the atmosphere.  As I wrote, you cant please 80,000 people.

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

70,040 people attended Monday according to pro football reference, might be simply based on sales...don't know.  They will have zero problem filling 62k seats.  Looks like they may have accounted for that large group that just doesn't want to be outdoors anyway.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm going to need receipts for that kind of claim, bub.

For the most benefit to the WNY economy, the stadium should have been built at canalside with a retractable roof. But let's be happy the Bills are staying in Buffalo with a new stadium on the way. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

To be fair....

giphy.gif

...An organization as financially lucrative as the Buffalo Bills should not need to crowdsource the snow shoveling efforts for their stadium. They ought to be able to afford to hire professional grounds maintenance professionals and put greater capital and effort into ensuring that the customers of their product who pay $150+ for seats don't have to sit on a foot of snow.

But that's just like, my opinion, man...

to be faaaaaaaaaaaaihr I might head out to Ellllll Ahhhhh next summer.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm one of them. 

Few years back I gave up my seasons because of a few factors, but the cold was at the top of the list. Would still love to be out there, but getting to an age where no matter how well bundled being out in it for long just destroys my body for a week. 

At the end of the day though, they have no motivation to spend the extra on a dome to appeal to everyone because they won't lose money. Oh, they lost MY money but someone else stepped in and is in those seats. And the world keeps spinning.

If there was a dome I would go again. But without it I physically can't stand the weather. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.