Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Some interesting factoids from Twitter. Visiting defenses get called for holding at a huge (statistical outlier) rate in Kansas City but the advantage almost goes away when on the road. 

Conversely, Kansas City's pass defense is much worse on the road.

At least they call roughing the passer better: 

Allen - 7

Mahomes - 3 

Although that's probably attributed to allen scrambling more often. 

https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php?view=all

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th

Well here we are, the game that everyone seems to have wanted.

But still think in this situation you have to go with the better QB, coach and defense and that's the Chiefs across the board which is why having home field this time likely won't matter.

Praying I'm wrong for sure though.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, boater said:

Bass and Martin--I am more than concerned.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills move on from Tyler Bass in the off-season. He has more than a case of the yippies--something fundamental is off.

I’m concerned about Dawson Knox.  For every great catch he has 10 drops.  He is a major liability and his contract is plain awful.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

But still think in this situation you have to go with the better QB, coach and defense and that's the Chiefs across the board which is why having home field this time likely won't matter.

Why do you hate the bills

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

donald-trump-so.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I’m concerned about Dawson Knox.  For every great catch he has 10 drops.  He is a major liability and his contract is plain awful.  

Can you show your work on that math?

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

no excuses on defense.  The LBs are injured.  You have your top CB (Douglas) back.  2 of the top safeties in the league, and a great DL.  No excuses for this D.  

No excuses? A rookie and Klein? The same Klein who was on his couch two days prior. 

You think Reid isn’t gonna exploit the middle of the field with the best TE in the game? What about one of the hardest running backs in the game with Pacheco?

Bernard and Dodson have been stellar all year. Without them we are at a large disadvantage against the chiefs plain and simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Man we gotta win this. I am beyond sick of KC.  I want a clean *** whipping, no ref issues.

You might get the first one but that second one is guaranteed to fail. I would take the over on that one. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Saint Douggie said:

Why do you hate the bills

I don't, just being realistic. There's a reason why the Bills are only 2 point favorites at home and suspect that line moves in KC's direction as the week plays out.

Obviously I've been wrong before but the Chiefs looked extremely dominant against the same Dolphins team we barely beat the week before. They are 7-2 on the road this year and will have a massive chip on their shoulder heading into Buffalo to not only kill the 'never played a road playoff game' narrative and prove that their loss against the Bills last month was a fluke because of that Toney offside crap. They know they are also living rent free in the entire Bills organization heads after the last playoff meeting too.

If the Bills can jump on them similar to what happened the first time and yesterday against the Steelers I think they obviously have a shot.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

But tell me the truth, Beast...

Does it make you sad that your favorite team has to give up the "Fins up" slogan because Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville group trademarked it?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

better qb lmfao

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

That's just factually not true.  Knox is not a + catcher, but he isn't a 1 for 11 type of player.  I believe he is at 60% catch rate for the season.  Also, he is a ++ blocker, and is a necessity in this offense.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, chongli said:

Sorry, I'm already pumped. I want to start the thread today. No time to waste. And CBS is already hyping next Sunday's game big time.

[EDIT: I just noticed @BillsFan619's thread, posted an hour earlier. I looked, but apparently not good enough. I'm sorry about that. Mods: feel free to merge!]

I wish I could have 13 seconds erased from my memory, but I gotta hear about it every time the Bills play the Chiefs. Buffalo needs to win this game. They have to. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

There is something to be said for the Bills finding a way to win so many different ways this year even with all the injuries and bit role players stepping up.

If Allen plays like he did in the last playoff meeting between these teams, the Bills win by two scores. KC doesn't have that type of scoring capability even with the D banged up...assuming we get some players back who missed the Steelers game also.

Since you basically trash the Bills and are negative and pessimistic anytime you can, not sure why you consider yourself a fan.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

better qb lmfao

That narrative is starting to fade, imo.

Anytime it's brought up now, the main argument for Mahomes is titles & title game appearances.  But this isn't golf or tennis.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't, just being realistic. There's a reason why the Bills are only 2 point favorites at home and suspect that line moves in KC's direction as the week plays out.

Obviously I've been wrong before but the Chiefs looked extremely dominant against the same Dolphins team we barely beat the week before. They are 7-2 on the road this year and will have a massive chip on their shoulder heading into Buffalo to not only kill the 'never played a road playoff game' narrative and prove that their loss against the Bills last month was a fluke because of that Toney offside crap. They know they are also living rent free in the entire Bills organization heads after the last playoff meeting too.

If the Bills can jump on them similar to what happened the first time and yesterday against the Steelers I think they obviously have a shot.

You realize we only "barely beat" them because we kept turning the ball over? We drove the ball on that defense all game and Allen threw a pick, fumbled another time and then Johnson got tackled at the 1 yard line. If we finish those drives the way we should have, we would have beat them 42-14. If you think the Dolphins did things to really hinder us, you're way off. We beat ourselves. And the Chiefs got them at home in -30 weather, come on now

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

No excuses? A rookie and Klein? The same Klein who was on his couch two days prior. 

You think Reid isn’t gonna exploit the middle of the field with the best TE in the game? What about one of the hardest running backs in the game with Pacheco?

Bernard and Dodson have been stellar all year. Without them we are at a large disadvantage against the chiefs plain and simple. 

The best TE is starting to show his age. I am not saying he can't or won't make some plays but as far as their offense goes, I am more concerned about Pacheco and Rice and Mahomes obviously. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.