Browns @ Texans Game Thread 4:30pm

Process

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Totally agree.   This is the first time I've watched them this season, wondering if they give him half field reads as well.   

The Shanahan scheme is designed around easy reads. But unlike Tua or Purdy, Stroud can make something out of nothing from time to time when the situation calls for it. I don't understand people that say Allen or Mahomes wouldn't look as good in the Shanahan system. To me it is obviously the best offensive system in football and any QB would look better in it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

No I’m convinced the browns are over rated been saying it all year 

they are good and take care of business against a tough team with weapons they didn’t have thag much 

Im at a loss, that defense has great players.  Their secondary I thought was very good too but they are clearly getting torched this is like a joke.  

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There is no way on this planet the Texans OC isn’t a head coach in a couple weeks 

NFL owners are dumb. They'll tell themselves he needs to prove it for one more year instead of seeing what's right in front of their eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coffeesforclosers said:

Houston's up by 10.  They've still got to finish.

If they score to open the second half, game’s over.  Flacco is cooked if he has to every down.

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Honest though everyone on Houston has been wide open.  Sometimes by several yards.  This is an OC masterclass so far.

True but the kid has the arm, touch and even when his mechanics are not perfect he is extremely accurate with it. Was at Ohio State too.

6 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Cleveland coach taking a timeout into halftime down 10 w/ Houston set to get the ball to start the second half. I'd be livid if McD did that. Looks like the coach quit

I don't know.  They had 3rd and 19.  They aren't likely to convert and then you give ball back to a white hot Houston offense with 35 seconds.  Get to the locker room and make some adjustments.  Don't make things worse at that moment.

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Apparently Houston saw something to exploit in their defensive backfield

Delpit has been out, they're exploiting Hickman, who was a PS player until December. Browns lost 13 starters this season, somehow survived. Truly a team effort by them to get this far, looks doomed now though. 

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

True but the kid has the arm, touch and even when his mechanics are not perfect he is extremely accurate with it. Was at Ohio State too.

Already has some weapons, too.  HOU needs to go all in on his rookie contract. 

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Careful. Any suggestion against Allen being the supreme ruler of all things is grounds for burning at the stake around these parts. 

I got down votes for saying stroud looked better in the pocket than Allen today. How dare we.

No, you got downvotes for being obnoxious 

• Agree 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

I think any NFL qb should do well if WRs are that open but he certainly looks great this game.  I'd like to see some tight window throws.

• Agree 1

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

I think any NFL qb should do well if WRs are that open but he certainly looks great this game.  I'd like to see some tight window throws.

He had a nice wobbly throw when a guy got through and was able to hit him as he threw.

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There is no way on this planet the Texans OC isn’t a head coach in a couple weeks 

And he’s going to be disappoint some team because they won’t have a qb as good as Stroud. 

Hes as good as any rookie qb I can remember (didn’t see Marino). 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I don't know.  They had 3rd and 19.  They aren't likely to convert and then you give ball back to a white hot Houston offense with 35 seconds.  Get to the locker room and make some adjustments.  Don't make things worse at that moment.

That Houston Offense is getting the ball back. Now if they score a TD they're up 17 & the season is over. Got to take your shots when you can. Conservative coaching calls go home. Better to go down swinging.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Vision and poise is elite.

I have yet to see him make a difficult throw. Granted I haven’t watched the Texans this year but so far his receivers are wide open. The real test of a Qb comes with fitting the ball into tight windows in a consistent manner. Let’s not anoint   CJ as the next Brady just yet. 

Edited by AlfaBill

I have a legit question as I have never watched the Browns play- but our their corners just bad? I feel like I. The first half I was watching 1 of them and everything near him he seemed to want to avoid contact 

Edited by BlazinBill

Stroud is good but so far he has mostly comfortable pockets and his scoring production is off busted play deep balls.  Lets see what happens when he is uncomfortable and has to march the field without those busted bombs.  That will happen to him eventually.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Stroud is good but so far he has mostly comfortable pockets and his scoring production is off busted play deep balls.  Lets see what happens when he is uncomfortable and has to march the field without those busted bombs.  That will happen to him eventually.

Credit to the scheme for keeping 95 and company off of him 

• Agree 1

Just now, BlazinBill said:

I have a legit question as I have never watched the Browns plays- but our there corners just bad? I feel like I. The first half I was watching 1 of them and everything near him he seemed to want to avoid contact 

@Roundybout said earlier both corners are carrying injuries.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Texans game plan is actually smart- roll him out and hit plays underneath - looks perfect because of how aggressive the browns seem to be

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.