Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

6 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Guess they forfeit if they can’t make it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well it would be their own fault so that makes sense. It would also be historic seeing that a game has never been forfeited before in the history of the NFL. Lots of money at stake too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Why does this ***** seem to only happen to Buffalo?

Other NFL cities have bad weather too and their games never get moved. 

How many other NFL cities get 31 inches of snow with whiteout conditions and 50 mph winds? Can you name one? 

In most places that would be an all-time historic storm they would be talking about for the next century and they'd be shut down for at least a week. Here it is just a normal "bad" lake effect event and we just need a day to plow out.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

I saw the Steelers also changed their travel plans to fly in tomorrow at 3 pm instead of 3 today. Seems like that could be problematic if it’s not going to let up until Monday. Seems like they should have stuck to their plan and been here ahead of the storm. Think of the outrage if they end up pushing it back till Tuesday because of that decision. 

Buses, is flipping Pittsburgh. People from Bradford will be here. 

22 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Don't you just hate how the governor has to be involved, and all the lawyers about law suits if someone gets injured driving or slipping on ice. Soon all games will be played only if temp is 55 to 70, (heat stroke issues uou know). 

I was not going to the game, but have been at many when the opposite sideline was not always visible. 

47 People Died in last Winter's Blizzard

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Tuesday's weather looks no different to Monday's.

And then Wednesday and Thursday there is potential for another multi-foot Lake Snow Event.

I told people it was going to be a rough week in WNY.

26 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Don't you just hate how the governor has to be involved, and all the lawyers about law suits if someone gets injured driving or slipping on ice. Soon all games will be played only if temp is 55 to 70, (heat stroke issues uou know). 

I was not going to the game, but have been at many when the opposite sideline was not always visible. 

How many have you been to in the middle of a 31" snow event with whiteout conditions?

I'll tell you how many you or any other NFL fan has been to.

Zero.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How many other NFL cities get 31 inches of snow with whiteout conditions and 50 mph winds? Can you name one? 

In most places that would be an all-time historic storm they would be talking about for the next century and they'd be shut down for at least a week. Here it is just a normal "bad" lake effect event and we just need a day to plow out.

I live near Elma and it has been whiteout conditions since 5 pm.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

As someone who has lived in Buffalo his entire life... And if anyone also has they would attest to the same thing

We have been predicted for far more huge storms that never come to fruition...  

Yes we do get lots of storms... But most are not like last year's Christmas storm... In fact that's a once in a lifetime storm

Sure we get pounded with snow

But never in my lifetime have we been pounded with that much snow and 70 mph wind gusts for 2 days straight...

I honestly don't think I'll ever see that storm again in my lifetime

Sure we might get something.. but I don't think it's going to be anything close to last years

We get plenty of predictions that fall short

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Please just stop.  I live in IN now and don’t have a dog in your political fight, but a Governor as well as local government have to put safety first.  No question.  If the story about the league wanting to move it to Atlanta is true, then everyone should be thanking Hochul for standing up and insisting the game be played in Buffalo even if they had to postpone.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

As someone who has lived in Buffalo his entire life... And if anyone also has they would attest to the same thing

We have been predicted for far more huge storms that never come to fruition...  

Yes we do get lots of storms... But most are not like last year's Christmas storm... In fact that's a once in a lifetime storm

Sure we get pounded with snow

But never in my lifetime have we been pounded with that much snow and 70 mph wind gusts for 2 days straight...

I honestly don't think I'll ever see that storm again in my lifetime

Sure we might get something.. but I don't think it's going to be anything close to last years

We get plenty of predictions that fall short

Do you understand the implications of continual record warm lake temperatures during the events over the last several years?

BTW, the lake temperature when the storm started was 42 degrees, a record for this time of year again.

Lake snow with record warm temps will not "fall short". Please understand how this works before posting how so many times it's fallen short.

If anything it's likely to over deliver.

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Do you understand the implications of continual record warm lake temperatures during the events over the last several years?

BTW, the lake temperature when the storm started was 42 degrees, a record for this time of year again.

Lake snow with record warm temps will not "fall short". Please understand how this works before posting how so many times it's fallen short.

If anything it's likely to over deliver.

Okay if you want to think it's an exact science... We've had plenty of warm winters here over a hundred years

I understand what the warm lake means...

It doesn't mean we're getting 7 ft of snow dumped on us guaranteed... Or two straight days of 50 mph winds with 75moh gusts

What's your over under for amount of snow dropped? 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Okay if you want to think it's an exact science... We've had plenty of warm winters here over a hundred years

I understand what the warm lake means...

It doesn't mean we're getting 7 ft of snow dumped on us guaranteed... Or two straight days of 50 mph winds with 75moh gusts

What's your over under for amount of snow dropped? 

Warm winters does not mean record warm lake temperatures. That is a factor starting with the summer and continual warmth thru winter. The fact we are continually seeing record warm lake temps underlies the fact we continuously keep having top 20(mostly top 10) warm years year after year.

Here is a pretty good over/under to go by. It's increased from 22.2" to 31.0" over the past day.

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

Edited by Big Turk

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I still believe we will beat the Steelers obviously. It goes without saying that if we lose, the day and time change will have nothing to do with it. The 2 days of extra rest for the Chiefs (presumably) is a real disadvantage though. It's the combination of the two that really irks me. But oh well it is what it is. It's nobody's fault.

Amazing the number 3 team gets extra rest over the number two.  Bills should have played today at 1pm

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Warm winters does not mean record warm lake temperatures. That is a factor starting with the summer and continual warmth thru winter. The fact we are continually seeing record warm lake temps underlies the fact we continuously keep having top 20(mostly top 10) warm years year after year.

Here is a pretty good over/under to go by. It's increased from 22.2" to 31.0" over the past day.

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

I understand that but we've also had warm lakes over a hundred years... Lake Erie is not always Frozen in December... Sure it might be warmer now but it's not always Frozen

And we've had plenty of expected snowfalls that don't come to fruition in Buffalo... We've had expected snowfalls of 30-40 in that we don't get

Even if we get a storm I certainly don't expect it to be like last year's blizzard

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

It’s called climate change yet some folks stick head in sand ignoring it

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Stay safe everyone.  Sounds like it’s getting narly. My mom fully expects her place in EA to lose power like most other times in the last past where the storms packed this much wind.  Makes me wish she would move down here in VA where I am. Fortunately she has friends that she can stay with if it gets really cold.

2 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

It’s called climate change yet some folks stick head in sand ignoring it

Yup, denying it is pointless at this point.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I understand that but we've also had warm lakes over a hundred years... Lake Erie is not always Frozen in December... Sure it might be warmer now but it's not always Frozen

And we've had plenty of expected snowfalls that don't come to fruition in Buffalo... We've had expected snowfalls of 30-40 in that we don't get

Even if we get a storm I certainly don't expect it to be like last year's blizzard

Last year's blizzard was literally the worst recorded blizzard in US History. I doubt us or anyone else gets one like that anytime soon.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's true, but the intensity of the lake bands in large part depends on the difference between the air temp and water temp and when the water temp is that warm it allows more moisture to be carried and dumped.

Just now, Big Turk said:

That's true, but the intensity of the lake bands in large part depends on the difference between the air temp and water temp and when the water temp is that warm it allows more moisture to be carried and dumped.

True and I expect a storm... I mean it's slightly storming at my house rn 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

No but I'm 10 min away 

That's how lake bands work sometimes tho. The bands aren't even well organized yet. Wait til the overnight hours.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That's how lake effect works, as I'm sure you know.  It's always a bad one when there's thundersnow. 

Ofc I get that ... I'm just saying I remember plenty of times where they expected 40 in of snow and we got 18

I'm sure OP will get 30+ inches

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cleveland fans think it is a foregone conclusion they will win. 

Flacco has 8 INT in 5 games.

Stroud has 5 INT in 15 games. 

Cleveland D is for real and already has a win at Baltimore.  

Hoping Texans beat the Browns so I can listen to their fans lamenting life. The Flacco hype is so ridiculous.  

I think your wish is about to come true.

But I’m with you, the Browns organization deserves whatever ill comes their way. And it makes it even juicier that the Texans are doing the stomping. 🤪

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

22- 30" is normal for Buffalo /OP.  It's the wind causing blizzard like conditions that are really bad.

Stay safe my friends.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

22- 30" is normal for Buffalo /OP.  It's the wind causing blizzard like conditions that are really bad.

Stay safe my friends.  

Yeah, it is. It's a bad weather event. The type of event nobody here tries to drive in because we respect Mother Nature.

Once you have enough firsthand glimpses of her power in winter, you don't try your luck or you end up sorry...or dead. Like the 47 people who thought it was smart to be out in the Blizzard last year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's how lake bands work sometimes tho. The bands aren't even well organized yet. Wait til the overnight hours.

This is like a frozen hurricane. Many of the same principles seem to apply. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

This is like a frozen hurricane. Many of the same principles seem to apply. 

Yeah the pressure I believe was down to 974mb for this storm which is very powerful. I think the record blizzard last year was around 959.

These are not storms you want to mess with. Those type of pressures are rarely seen on land, only with tropical storms.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah the pressure I believe was down to 974mb for this storm which is very powerful. I think the record blizzard last year was around 959.

These are not storms you want to mess with. Those type of pressures are rarely seen on land, only with tropical storms.

I lived in hurricane territory for 30 years. Cat 1-3 was a problem, but we stayed. You get serious stuff like a Cat 4 or 5 you respect the hell out of it! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

If the Chiefs win, they will have 8 days rest next sunday, the Bills will have 6. Two extra prep days is huge for top tier coaches like Reid. 

THE BILLS WILL BE ON A NORMAL NFL WEEK SCHEDULE.

THEY WON’T HAVE TO PLAY IN A FOOT OF SNOW. 

CHIEFS OR WHOEVER WILL TRAVEL TO BUFFALO. THEY LOSE TIME WITH TRAVEL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.