Some NFL fans think the NFL was rigged FOR the Bills ... not against

CodeMonkey

Yawn.  The refs missed a call.   The league officials also missed it.   Manure happens.    Unless/until the NFL adopts the some kind of line monitoring system like pro tennis has, there are always going to be missed out of bounds calls.

100% missed call.   Add another log on the refs are horrible fire!

But to say that play definitively impacted the ultimate outcome is a very long stretch.    

Also who in their right mind thinks the NFL wants anything but large market teams to advance?   Hhaha

Edited by JohnnyBuffalo
Correct an autocorrect mistake.
  • Agree 2

It's possible they rig it for us sometimes. We definitely see them rig it against us (ex. 1st half Eagles game). 

Allen is being marketed everywhere. About damn time if you ask me. If this league is rigged and scripted, we might as well get some spotlight time. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This play resulted in:

Untitled.jpg.7f800a5e2f2abc924033ec66df118017.jpg

A. a roughing the passer penalty

B. A horse collar tackle penalty

C. a sack

D. an intentional grounding penalty

Clearly, D was called because it was in the Bills' favor.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But if the refs had called the interference on first drive, Bills would have 1st and goal on 1. Much better odds they'd have scored there.

So it evens out.

Or the missed helmet to helmet at the end of the half, or if they spotted the ball better or even didn't blow the whistle so damn fast on the 4th and 1, I mean how you think those refs rigged the game in the Bills favor is beyond me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Once Burrow went down, I was pretty confident the league would fix things a little bit to make sure Josh got into the postseason.

Star QB’s in the NFL have always gotten preferential treatment, and the NFL wants their stars in the postseason. The NFL would be very sad if they had Mason Rudolph vs Gardner Minshew in the first round. 

Not saying any game individually was fixed, but you’re crazy if you don’t think we got the benefit of some 50-50 calls along the way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

building momentum for public support for a new stadium?

They are going to start the steel soon. Concrete is in. Deal is done.

The idea that the NFL is rigged for the Bills is hilarious. Dolphins fans should be mad that their "close your eyes and throw to a spot in 1 second" offense doesn't work as well against good teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

If only there was some kind of review mechanism in place for plays like that...oh right, there is.

It's just that McDaniel blew all of his timeouts earlier that drive.

I will save my bellyaching for the very obvious non-calls in the Dolphins favor which are NOT reviewable.

• Like (+1) 1

Yikes.  They literally discussed this play on the live broadcast, it's not like this is some subtle find.

It was a quick-paced sequence and Miami was out of TOs, it wasn't easy to catch at game speed

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.