Some NFL fans think the NFL was rigged FOR the Bills ... not against

CodeMonkey

Yawn.  The refs missed a call.   The league officials also missed it.   Manure happens.    Unless/until the NFL adopts the some kind of line monitoring system like pro tennis has, there are always going to be missed out of bounds calls.

100% missed call.   Add another log on the refs are horrible fire!

But to say that play definitively impacted the ultimate outcome is a very long stretch.    

Also who in their right mind thinks the NFL wants anything but large market teams to advance?   Hhaha

Edited by JohnnyBuffalo
Correct an autocorrect mistake.
  • Agree 2

It's possible they rig it for us sometimes. We definitely see them rig it against us (ex. 1st half Eagles game). 

Allen is being marketed everywhere. About damn time if you ask me. If this league is rigged and scripted, we might as well get some spotlight time. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This play resulted in:

Untitled.jpg.7f800a5e2f2abc924033ec66df118017.jpg

A. a roughing the passer penalty

B. A horse collar tackle penalty

C. a sack

D. an intentional grounding penalty

Clearly, D was called because it was in the Bills' favor.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But if the refs had called the interference on first drive, Bills would have 1st and goal on 1. Much better odds they'd have scored there.

So it evens out.

Or the missed helmet to helmet at the end of the half, or if they spotted the ball better or even didn't blow the whistle so damn fast on the 4th and 1, I mean how you think those refs rigged the game in the Bills favor is beyond me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Once Burrow went down, I was pretty confident the league would fix things a little bit to make sure Josh got into the postseason.

Star QB’s in the NFL have always gotten preferential treatment, and the NFL wants their stars in the postseason. The NFL would be very sad if they had Mason Rudolph vs Gardner Minshew in the first round. 

Not saying any game individually was fixed, but you’re crazy if you don’t think we got the benefit of some 50-50 calls along the way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

building momentum for public support for a new stadium?

They are going to start the steel soon. Concrete is in. Deal is done.

The idea that the NFL is rigged for the Bills is hilarious. Dolphins fans should be mad that their "close your eyes and throw to a spot in 1 second" offense doesn't work as well against good teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

If only there was some kind of review mechanism in place for plays like that...oh right, there is.

It's just that McDaniel blew all of his timeouts earlier that drive.

I will save my bellyaching for the very obvious non-calls in the Dolphins favor which are NOT reviewable.

• Like (+1) 1

Yikes.  They literally discussed this play on the live broadcast, it's not like this is some subtle find.

It was a quick-paced sequence and Miami was out of TOs, it wasn't easy to catch at game speed

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I know, too bad so sad fish fans.  But just goes to show perspective can be a funny thing.

There is no way the league is rigged. There would be so many people involved to rig the NFL that there would have been multiple whistle-blowers over the years. There has been no legs to anything as far as I know. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Tua still ended up throwing An interception at the end of the game. I’ve always been a proponent of the fact that if you Are as good as you say, you are. You should be good enough to overcome bad calls, and just beat the other team. By admitting that they call went against you. It’s pretty much throwing up the white flag saying that you were expecting the refs to bail you out and help you win.

Edited by Bills!Win!

I knows a guy, Tommy 2 Shoes, says da Bills games is rigged cuz Terry Pegs bought a stadium but he didn't have the caysh for a roof so he put it on layaway. And that Joshy Allen, I hear he's dating that actress Hailee Swift. I'm preeeettttty sure

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Regarding this play, not long ago the NFL changed the rules to allow QBs(and maybe all runners??) to give themselves up by diving head first- not just sliding.  I wonder if it could be argued that Allen was giving himself up (which he clearly is) and is therefore down in bounds before he hits the ground, just like sliding.
Ps 

If anyone thinks the NFL is really rigging it for the Bills, just show them the Eagles game. 

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Example from a fan:

There really is something to this tho. It goes way beyond correlation.  Whenever they need to sell those PSLs - that team wins.   You can track it back to the Jon Gruden Bucs, early ravens, Matt hasselback seahawks the Cardinals the Rams (twice in two cities!) the pats the 49ers the Giants.  Within 5 years of a new stadium you get to the SB.  

the cowboys and lions are the only two.  Cowboys Jerry paid for it all himself - no need.  Lions beyond help.  

(Chargers and Jets don’t count bc the team they share the stadium with won instead)  

Edited by peterpan
  • Shocked 1

52 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Regarding this play, not long ago the NFL changed the rules to allow QBs(and maybe all runners??) to give themselves up by diving head first- not just sliding.  I wonder if it could be argued that Allen was giving himself up (which he clearly is) and is therefore down in bounds before he hits the ground, just like sliding.
Ps 

If anyone thinks the NFL is really rigging it for the Bills, just show them the Eagles game. 

Or even look the PI called on Jackson a few plays before the game ending INT.

6 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I know, too bad so sad fish fans.  But just goes to show perspective can be a funny thing.

The funniest part about that is they suggest Tua doesn't throw a pick later if the clock gets stopped there LMFAO.  Apparently they don't know Tua very well

The only thing I saw that was scripted about that game was the bull#### spot after the 4th down play just after the 2 minute warning.

The league was going to make sure those last two minutes meant something.

• Agree 1

If they had stopped the clock, the 4th down try would have occurred at around 2:10 and given Miami the ball at 2:03 if the Bills had still gone for it and failed.  Miami at best would have had an extra 10 more seconds and one clock stoppage for the 2 minute warning.  But time wasn't really their enemy: Tua was.

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Once Burrow went down, I was pretty confident the league would fix things a little bit to make sure Josh got into the postseason.

Star QB’s in the NFL have always gotten preferential treatment, and the NFL wants their stars in the postseason. The NFL would be very sad if they had Mason Rudolph vs Gardner Minshew in the first round. 

Not saying any game individually was fixed, but you’re crazy if you don’t think we got the benefit of some 50-50 calls along the way. 

I don’t think we got any preferential treatment beyond the usual randomness of NFL officials just making unintentional bad calls .

Your theory makes sense. But facts don’t support it. Facts are Burrow suffered his season ending injury the week prior to the Bills vs. Eagles game. The Eagles were in no threat of missing the playoffs at that point, even having the leagues best record at that point I believe. Meanwhile a loss for the Bills would seemingly have put the nail in their coffin for the season. 

In a tight game the flag discrepancy at one point was 10 to 1 against the Bills in that game I believe. If your theory is accurate surely the officials in such a critical game for the Bills season could have found one or two calls that would have resulted in a Bills victory that day. 

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t think we got any preferential treatment beyond the usual randomness of NFL officials just making unintentional bad calls .

Your theory makes sense. But facts don’t support it. Facts are Burrow suffered his season ending injury the week prior to the Bills vs. Eagles game. The Eagles were in no threat of missing the playoffs at that point, even having the leagues best record at that point I believe. Meanwhile a loss for the Bills would seemingly have put the nail in their coffin for the season. 

In a tight game the flag discrepancy at one point was 10 to 1 against the Bills in that game I believe. If your theory is accurate surely the officials in such a critical game for the Bills season could have found one or two calls that would have resulted in a Bills victory that day. 

NFC game was less important for us making the playoffs imo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.