Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

I said this last week. You guys are funny. Some of the board thinks we have a shot at the SB ...yet some are freaking out over Steelers...you realize after the Steelers we likely have KC. Then Ravens or Browns (who scare me way more than the injured Steelers)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I said this last week. You guys are funny. Some of the board thinks we have a shot at the SB ...yet some are freaking out over Steelers...you realize after the Steelers we likely have KC. Then Ravens or Browns (who scare me way more than the injured Steelers)

Highsmith scares me more than any other team.

4 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

It's not the Steelers without Watt that scares me, it's how the weather could possibly dictate the game

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's not the Steelers without Watt that scares me, it's how the weather could possibly dictate the game

Amen, a ugly low scoring game is Tomlins game plan, the weather only helps.

10 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

It’s hard to freak out too much over the Chiefs or Browns or Ravens or anyone we’re not playing.  Right now… we have to beat the Steelers. So I think we’re freaking out over the right team… this week. 

Through luck and the grace of Josh Allen, I genuinely hope we’re all freaking out about the difficult task of beating a different team next Tuesday. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Only thing that I think could hurt the Bills in this game is turnovers.  If the Bills just play their game there's no way the Steelers can keep up with them.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I mean Dolphins were 11-0 when leading at halftime....until Sunday. So doesn't mean much

Wait...are you telling me that whoever has the most points wins the game?

Analytics is amazing these days! 😁

(Not trying to give you grief man, just making a joke)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, boyst said:

why all this doom and gloom about a blizzard? i am seeing nothing of it?

It's a lake effect issue so its unpredictable until you get closer to Sunday.

Right now the potential is there for it it set up right for heavy snows south of Buffalo, but it depends on timing and specific wind direction.

Even if the snow isn't coming in heavy, the wind looks like it might still be a factor.

Sun, Jan 14 in Orchard Park

image.thumb.png.457a30a950f86108c215885f8c90e6f2.png

They will try to jam the ball down our throats, but we need to be stout against the run. They will also try dump passes, especially to Warren. I don’t think we will see many downfield throws unless the game starts getting away from them. That will be turnover time. Would love to be able to have a lead allowing our d linemen pin their ears back and get after Rudolph.

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

Only thing that I think could hurt the Bills in this game is turnovers.  If the Bills just play their game there's no way the Steelers can keep up with them.

I agree. But depending in weather, it could affect how we choose to attack the Steelers

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Why are Bills fans desperately searching for every possible way that their team can lose a home playoff game in which they are favored?

Because McD is our head coach and until proven otherwise he makes every double digit favored game into a nail bitter 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Why are Bills fans desperately searching for every possible way that their team can lose a home playoff game in which they are favored?

Because the teams invents creative and exciting ways to blow games each week?

Only McD could purposely try to run out the clock with QB runs instead of scoring again and then fail miserably on the last play and give the ball back anyway.

He acts like the moments are just training exercises. 

Get in FG range and kick the fkn FG! Then you don’t have to worry about the other team scoring. He’s an idiot!

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Look at this teams record this year in games it was a big favorite. This is the playoffs so my hope is its different. But based on this season, heck even last year vs MIA (Bills were favored by 13.5). So weather and Bills recent and not so recent play in games its a huge favorite are reasons to be nervous. 

44 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Honestly kinda high? We turn the ball over a lot. Cant count that we'll always be able to overcome that.

Maybe higher than other teams relatively speaking, but not very high on its own.

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

Because the teams invents creative and exciting ways to blow games each week?

Only McD could purposely try to run out the clock with QB runs instead of scoring again and then fail miserably on the last play and give the ball back anyway.

I’m not sure this got a lot of talk… maybe it did and I missed it.   The week before, we had about 5mins left and ran out the clock on the Patsies.  This game, we had 6:20ish left.   Thats a lot of time to run off!

They almost did it, coming up about 6inches short.  But man.. that was actually a  very risky strategy to not even try and score with that much time left. I don’t totally disagree with it, but I do think they should have mixed in a few more safe passes and runs.  They got very predictable.  Hopefully they have some quick hitters and such in the playbook because the schnow plow ain’t gonna always get it done as we saw. 

i think being up by a full touchdown is what dictated it.  Worst case scenario, Dolphins get the ball back and tie the game.  I think if we’re leading by anything less than a full 7pts, they would have tried to score. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's been a while since I got info like this, but here's what I was just told about injuries:

Douglas - Moderate MCL knee sprain. Will almost certainly miss this week and possibly the divisional round too...

Dodson - Tore his left labrum and partially tore his rotator cuff (ouch). Same injury timeline as Douglas.

Rapp - Calf & achilles strain. Not a huge concern.

Almost certainly going to missing Douglas, Dodson, and Davis against the Steelers... Let's hope they can be back the following week.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Negan said:

Dude I had Najee Harris in fantasy, he stinks, gang tackle, we put 2 touchdowns on the board early on Pitt and they'll be ready for the plane home.

In 2 games vs BUF Harris has 65 yards rushing in 27 carries and 20 yards on 4 catches.  All for 0 TDs.  

Bills need to get him to run laterally to shut him down.  

Warren will be the tougher back to stop for the Bills. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's been a while since I got info like this, but here's what I was just told about injuries:

Douglas - Moderate MCL knee sprain. Will almost certainly miss this week and possibly the divisional round too...

Dodson - Tore his left labrum and partially tore his rotator cuff (ouch). Same injury timeline as Douglas.

Rapp - Calf & achilles strain. Not a huge concern.

Almost certainly going to missing Douglas, Dodson, and Davis against the Steelers... Let's hope they can be back the following week.

Douglas moderate MCL strain - what?  On that leg whip he got all of that? 

Dodson did all of that of that on that flip tackle? 

Am I crazy to want Linval Joseph active for this game, given the weather forecast and the Steelers' recent success running the ball?

I'm not sure there's a position elsewhere on the roster where the Bills could realistically sacrifice a roster spot, and I can't recall ever seeing the Bills have five DTs active on game day, but if there was ever a week...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.