The Schizophrenia of a Bills Fan

DD4Bills

This is me right now…

Bills win, get #2 seed and are an unstoppable force to the SB

Bills lose, and this season is an abject failure the like that this 60 yo fan has never seen. 

Both are perfectly legit thoughts occupying my brain right now. I love/loath being a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

this fanhood is a curse. 

I wish I didn't enjoy football and found pleasure in having a less dramatic and less athletic hobby like soccer. Itd be easy to be a soccer fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, boyst said:

I wish I didn't enjoy football and found pleasure in having a less dramatic and less athletic hobby like soccer. Itd be easy to be a soccer fan.

They got hooligans, and fans just as spastic as we have… 😂

I honestly think this game has had the biggest effect on me that I’ve ever had before. Because both your points are totally true. I have defiantly been off this week because of the anxiety this game is causing me. And I am not an anxious person

1 hour ago, DD4Bills said:

This is me right now…

Bills lose, and this season is an abject failure the like that this 60 yo fan has never seen. 

Both are perfectly legit thoughts occupying my brain right now. I love/loath being a Bills fan. 

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean a what 6 seed swing, going from 2nd in the conference to 8th is ridiculous.

It's one of the things I hate most about the Playoff setup the NFL has.  Teams with worse records get in before teams with better records every year.  The Playoffs are supposed to be the best teams facing each other for the right to win a Championship, but every season, there are superior teams sitting home while worse teams are playing because they can win a crappy division or whatever at 8-9 while a team with a better record in a better division has to watch from home.  In no scenario should a team either be the 2nd best team in the conference or completely out of the Playoffs, but alas, that's what we're faced with tonight.  Just have to find a way to win no matter what it looks like.

67 years old, season ticket holder since 1979 and like you I am not sure I will get through today.

It is all in front of us and we have all been here before. Win and in at home, lose and could be done.

I am used to all this drama, I have had plenty of heartbreak but as much as I want this I fear that the 2 generations behind me will now start down the long road of heartbreak. My kids and grandkids are all super hyped and I want them to experience the 90's playoff excitement, not the SB losses.

THEY'RE KILLIN ME WHITEY, THEY'RE KILLIN ME!

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Yeah but it's soccer. If they're desperate they can go cheer for 5 yr olds. They're about the same drama as the "professional" soccer players. 

4 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

This is me right now…

I don’t recall…are you part of fire coach threads?

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Schizophrenic? After this season, a Bills fan is bleeding quadrophenic. 😉

Someone else who reads the liner notes on an LP. 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

this fanhood is a curse. 

That is the Truth.

I still can't believe people not from WNY or a personal connection to Buffalo would randomly choose to cheer for the Bills.

I think there are actually quite a few of this type of fan here.  It's nuts!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Some of the things that have happened in the name of soccer are wild. NFL is pretty tame by comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

so we will lose when Waddle and Mostert are out, but beat them when they are back.

That could happen... the margins between W and L are so slim. But why not get the job done tonight. #2 seed and division champ sound much nicer.  And lot less pressure now.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I still can't believe people not from WNY or a personal connection to Buffalo would randomly choose to cheer for the Bills.

Here's one here. And yes, I have sometimes wondered about both my sanity and wisdom ha ha. That drought was something else too. Now my sons have been infected so they get to share in the mood swings ha ha. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

so we will lose when Waddle and Mostert are out, but beat them when they are back.

yep.  that would be how the Bills do it.  then get blown out by Ravens. 😜🤣

but i think we win today by 17 plus. 

Edited by RyanC883

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That is the Truth.

end of day, THOSE fans are fans of josh... that's the byproduct of having a superstar qb. they have ZERO clue as to the 60 years of *****ery this team has foisted upon us the die hard fan. its a wild, horrific nighmare that can only be cured by winning a lombardi. 

4 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

This is me right now…

imagine not caring........

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.