Will/Should Von be active vs. the Fish?

Will/Should Von be active vs. the Fish?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. WILL Von be active vs. the Fish?

2. 2. SHOULD Von be active vs. the Fish?

Both from an eyeball test (which, admittedly could be biased) & from a statistical standpoint, Jonathan has outperformed him (in noticeably less snaps, too).  Additionally, Miller doesn't play ST, so unless we suffer multiple injuries mid-week on the DL, then no, shouldn't be active.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think he should be active but I want him to be active.  If it’s between Miller and Jonathan, I’ll take Miller.  Might not be the right move but I’m optimistic that he will make a few big plays this season. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

No x 2.

von is done. He has played his last down as a bill.

He tore his ACL late into the year last season, I think he may have a chance to be a productive player in 2024 given that players often take until two seasons after an ACL to return to form or at least somewhat closer to their form.

Also the cap ramifications of cutting him in 2024 don’t add up, his 2025 dead cap is much more manageable at just 15 million which can be spread across two years. 

I think the Bills know Von coming back this season at a good form was unlikely hence the Floyd signing. I hoped that maybe after the bye we could really know what he has but it’s been weeks since the bye and he looked a little better but still far off from where he needs to be.

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Bottom line Kingsley Jonathan right now is a better player and better effort. Von needs to be inactive. 

Genuinely asking, how has Kingsley looked? I didn’t see him much but I wasn’t keying in on him either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.