Week 17, Cheats v. Bills - GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Officials? 

Very few flags. Seemed to call a good game. 

They missed a big hold on Dobson (IIRC) on the Zappe TD, if they didn't call that one, they shouldn't have called the one on Shakir...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

They missed a big hold on Dobson (IIRC) on the Zappe TD, if they didn't call that one, they shouldn't have called the one on Shakir...

Yeah and I think they missed a hold on their big screen play too. 

But all in all it was a clean game.

Shakir was a hold for sure, though I think you can argue they were both ourt of the play and literaly out of bounds when the worst holding occurred.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Simon said:

Honorable mention to Khalil Shakir

I think he may be the true Beasley replacement.

Diggs gets a game ball for getting tackled on the 1 yard line, ensuring my (first) fantasy championship.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1

I gotta give my offensive game ball to Diggs & Davis. No credit but their presence was felt. 

On D shout out to Poyer & Hyde. Some shaky veteran moments early on, but settled in with their usual result. Huge game next week that will test them yet again. 

• Like (+1) 1

I love Josh and Steph.  But I don’t agree they both get game balls every day.  Josh had his worst game as a pro.  And Steph is invisible the past two months.  Both make great plays.  But neither deserves a ball today imo 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bills defense- getting better

Special Teams-improbing

Offense- regressing dramatically.

Josh is like 2018 Josh.

53 rating.

if Bills are down 2, with 2 minutes left Sunday- I’m not confident Bills offense can drive and score 3 points.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

I love Josh and Steph.  But I don’t agree they both get game balls every day.  Josh had his worst game as a pro.  And Steph is invisible the past two months.  Both make great plays.  But neither deserves a ball today imo 

It wasn't Allen's worse game -- that has to be the game in his rookie season against Green Bay or New England in year two.   However, it certainly wasn't in any sense good.  Bad performance and bad body language for both him and Diggs yesterday.   Definitely don't understand this automatic game ball stuff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billy Claude said:

It wasn't Allen's worse game -- that has to be the game in his rookie season against Green Bay or New England in year two.   However, it certainly wasn't in any sense good.  Bad performance and bad body language for both him and Diggs yesterday.   Definitely don't understand this automatic game ball stuff.

He missed his first 6 passes.  He had a 53 passer rating.  0 TD, 1 int 

show me a worse Josh game.  I’ve watched most every Bills game since 1975, and the was the worst I have ever seen Josh play.  Skittish, inaccurate, bad decisions, etc 

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/player/josh-allen-26650/game-log?seasonYear=2018

you are correct Josh was bad against Green Bay and NE rookie year.

those were Josh’s two worst games rookie year.

yesterday, and those 3 games are Josh’s worst statistically.

going by memory and eye test, Josh’s worst game ever was yesterday imo-

—Josh was a rookie in 2018, he should be better processing reads 2024

-Josh has far superior OL in 2024

-Josh has far superior skill sets at 2024, than 2018.

Josh should be evolving, dialing in, and better in 2024 than 2018.

to me Josh’s performance since 2018 is a bell curve

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/player/josh-allen-26650/game-log?seasonYear=2018

you are correct Josh was bad against Green Bay and NE rookie year.

those were Josh’s two worst games rookie year.

yesterday, and those 3 games are Josh’s worst statistically.

going by memory and eye test, Josh’s worst game ever was yesterday imo-

—Josh was a rookie in 2018, he should be better processing reads 2024

-Josh has far superior OL in 2024

-Josh has far superior skill sets at 2024, than 2018.

Josh should be evolving, dialing in, and better in 2024 than 2018.

to me Josh’s performance since 2018 is a bell curve

I get your point, the New England game I was referring to (13 of 28, 0 TD, 3 Ints and pulled for Matt Barkley) was year two not his rookie year.   

Yes, it is discouraging to me that Allen does not seem to be getting better at the things that he is not good at.   He could be an all time great simply by reducing his turnovers by 20% and a little better processing but people here seem to think that this is impossible without killing his game.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh and Cook get their automatic game balls, Stef barely gets his.

Rasul Douglas - Bills MVP today, created three of the four turnovers, pick 6, almost won the game by himself.

Terrel Bernard - All over the field, TFL's, pressures, he was the energy all day.

Ed Oliver - The one-handed INT grab was huge, flipping the momentum which was all Cheats after the KOR and the Bills punting.

Dalton "Reuben" Kincaid - Reliable hands today, huge play to lead to the insurance points that put us up two scores in the 3rd.

Khalil "Tupac" Shakir - Big FD catches to keep drives going, especially on the last drive.

Siran "Wrap" Neal - Wrap downed three punts inside the Cheat's 10 yard line, keeping them bottled up all day.

Sam Martin - Flipped the field all day long with nice directional punts which could not be returned.

WHO YA GOT?

Cheats, how original, that's all you got, to bad you havent and never will see buffalo win a super bowl lol from the disgraceful performances of the 90s to the failures of the recent years. And they have zero chance this year, and this is one of the worst buffalo teams of the past few year, they are so bad. Allen has regressed, he is mediocre at best, all he can do is run , he can't throw, I can't wait to watch buffalos season end early in the playoffs. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Cheats, how original, that's all you got, to bad you havent and never will see buffalo win a super bowl lol from the disgraceful performances of the 90s to the failures of the recent years. And they have zero chance this year, and this is one of the worst buffalo teams of the past few year, they are so bad. Allen has regressed, he is mediocre at best, all he can do is run , he can't throw, I can't wait to watch buffalos season end early in the playoffs. 

-Run on sentences.

-misuse of to and too.

-starting sentences with "and".

-poor, poor grammar.

Is English your second language?  Or are you just under educated?

52 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

When you give a game ball to the same people week after week, it's easier to make it automatic.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Bills defense- getting better

Special Teams-improbing

Offense- regressing dramatically.

Josh is like 2018 Josh.

53 rating.

if Bills are down 2, with 2 minutes left Sunday- I’m not confident Bills offense can drive and score 3 points.

Considering what has happened this season, I am confident the Bills would drive down the field in about 90 seconds and get at least three. I am also confident the defense would then allow the Dolphins to get what is needed within the remaining 30 seconds.

Game balls:

Josh - poor passing performance but did enough to get the win... just

Kincaid

Martin

Douglas

Oliver

Bernard

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Offense needs to figure it out fast

You're not kidding.  The honeymoon with Brady is over.  

The Pats have a good D, but not that good.  And last week at the Chargers which have a terrible D, it was OK but far from great. 

Not going to cut it like that in the playoffs.  

It may not even cut it next week if we need the win.  Definitely cause for concern.  

Imagine playing like that offensively @Baltimore ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

-Run on sentences.

-misuse of to and too.

-starting sentences with "and".

-poor, poor grammar.

Is English your second language?  Or are you just under educated?

He likely had a few too many glasses of Korbel & grape soda last night, his mom hasn't made any coffee yet, and he probably threw up all over his Billy Belichick PJs.  It's also a big step down from that top bunk in that state.  

All that's missing was a negative reference to the AFL era Bills.  

He's just upset that despite our offense looking like the Jets offense, his Pats couldn't beat us.  

He shouldn't worry, there's always next season.  Billy will improve for next season, if he's still around, and hopefully get that 1st overall pick instead of what appears to be the 4th or 5th.  

Edited by PBF81

3 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Enjoy your offseason.

Maybe we'll see you next year for a post or two. 😽

7 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

I get your point, the New England game I was referring to (13 of 28, 0 TD, 3 Ints and pulled for Matt Barkley) was year two not his rookie year.   

Yes, it is discouraging to me that Allen does not seem to be getting better at the things that he is not good at.   He could be an all time great simply by reducing his turnovers by 20% and a little better processing but people here seem to think that this is impossible without killing his game.

Why convert Allen to something that he is not.  

22 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Got to give one to Belichick.  His defenses always come to play.  Now...go play somewhere else!

You'd think, after all this time in the AFCE, we would have figured out how to combat it (along with other division teams).  Hopefully he goes to the NFC.  He's good.

Edited by GregmoBuffalo
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.