Around the NFL Week 17

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ve watched a ton too… I think this is his worst year by far…

He has Rice too this year who is turning into something for them

I thought he was worse in 2021. Hill and Kelce in their prime so no excuses. He was big play hunting too frequently and turning down open receivers. He pretty much single handedly lost them the AFCCG that year too. This year I don't think he's the problem with the offense at all, he's the only reason they move the ball at all.

As tough as this year has been for us Bills fans with all the ups and downs, it has been very very satisfying watching the Chiefs struggle and go downhill. Now obviously I know we want them to win today, but overall I just love seeing Mahomes and the Chiefs reduced to being an average at best offense. I honestly never thought I’d see it happen with him as QB. 

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Seahawks are awful.  Unless Steelers lose to back up Ravens our game vs Fish is either #2 seed or out. (Assuming Bengals eventually lose).  Seems to add up that way on the playoff machine.  

Not impossible the Steelers suck, and even when we rest our starters for the playoffs we'd play them for a half.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I thought he was worse in 2021. Hill and Kelce in their prime so no excuses. He was big play hunting too frequently and turning down open receivers. He pretty much single handedly lost them the AFCCG that year too. This year I don't think he's the problem with the offense at all, he's the only reason they move the ball at all.

Anyway … moral of the story…

I fancy playing them this year in The playoffs  … particularly at Hone in the Division round if they get the 2 seed 

6 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Seahawks are awful.  Unless Steelers lose to back up Ravens our game vs Fish is either #2 seed or out. (Assuming Bengals eventually lose).  Seems to add up that way on the playoff machine.  

Yep. Looking like it’s heading in that direction more and more. 

3 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Damn Steelers won’t lose to a Ravens team without their starters.  Seahawks are garbage. 

I wouldn't rule it out, remember the rule, Mike Tomlinson gets a winning record, he'll have fulfilled his purpose and his powers shall wane.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So assuming the Bengals lose, if the Bills lose they need a Steelers loss to the Ravens or a Jags loss to the Titans 

This. Let's just hope KC can hold on or Buffalo would then need 2 of 3 losses between Jax, Cincy, and Pit (if we lose to Miami)

8 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

We could also get in in this scenario with TEN beating JAX

Just now, dma0034 said:

I do wonder if the Ravens are gonna rest their starters. The last time they were the 1 seed they did and came out flat against the Titans.

Could also get lucky with the Titans beating the Jags next week

Titans just got smoked today.  Not sure how motivated they are to beat Jags next weekend.  

Just now, dma0034 said:

I do wonder if the Ravens are gonna rest their starters. The last time they were the 1 seed they did and came out flat against the Titans.

Could also get lucky with the Titans beating the Jags next week

Definitely wouldn't rule out the Titans getting a meaningless win to ***** with a division opponent.

Just now, Lionel Hutz said:

Funny how last week everyone was rooting for the Steelers over the Bengals. Now with hindsight, it’s looking like it might work out that the Bengals winning that game would help the Bills.

The Bengals would be ahead of the Bills in the conference and the Bills would still have to win, otherwise the winner of Texans-Colts would leapfrog based on division/conference record. All it'd do is rule out the Steelers, but the issue would still be there.

8 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

Baltimore will be super motivated to let Pittsburgh win next week

Yeah you would definitely think Baltimore would rather have the Steelers in the playoffs instead of us. But obviously the Ravens players will be trying their hardest to win. The biggest clue to the Ravens completely tanking next weeks game is if Huntley doesn’t play QB and they go with their third stringer. Then it will become obvious what they’re trying to do. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, letsgoteam said:

I agree, I'm just trying to think of reasons why Baltimore would be motivated to let Pitt win.

I dont think they will be letting them win.. 

I think they would hate to see them again in the playoffs … 

They have a good enough D to trouble them… and Rudolph is game managing better then expected…

I tell ya… if the Bills are the 2 seed … I don’t fancy the Steelers in Week 1!

Just now, UKBillFan said:

The Bengals would be ahead of the Bills in the conference and the Bills would still have to win, otherwise the winner of Texans-Colts would leapfrog based on division/conference record. All it'd do is rule out the Steelers, but the issue would still be there.

Yeah I realized I was wrong after I posted that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.