Bills Waive OT Germain Ifedi

JohnNord

2 minutes ago, transient said:

I think it was a reference to the “drinking the koolaid” posts that get tossed around when someone feels TBD posters aren’t sufficiently suspicious of motive and aren’t questioning absolutely everything the coaching staff, front office and owners tells them… most commonly seen when the Bills are playing poorly. 

@Special K could be short for Special Koolaid.

6 minutes ago, transient said:

I think it was a reference to the “drinking the koolaid” posts that get tossed around when someone feels TBD posters aren’t sufficiently suspicious of motive and aren’t questioning absolutely everything the coaching staff, front office and owners tells them… most commonly seen when the Bills are playing poorly. 

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

@Special K could be short for Special Koolaid.

Honestly, I never gave “drinking the Kool Aid” a thought....I just thought of DaQuan blowing through the Miami O-line, and that’s what came to mind.

However, you’ve got to admit “triggering a brick wall enthusiast” is a great line!!

2 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Didn't Germain bomb Pearl Harbor ?

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

That’s what I’m thinking but hopefully he makes it back to Buffalo 

That was the country of Germainy

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He can't be claimed he becomes a free agent automagically.

And I think his 17 game checks are all fully guaranteed having been on the 53 in week 1..........so probably no financial reason to jump teams.

So could just be a weekend on the PS and then if there is an injury he gets back on the 53.

Is this true? I thought he was subject to waivers. I’m not up to date on late season roster move implications. 

9 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Imagine DQ and Linval Joseph together in short yardage and goal line situations.

2 solid 1 technique players that can help spell each other and allow Settle, Ford, and Phillips (hopefully) to return to their natural positions 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Van Demark played well at LT and poorly at RT in the preseason..........he might be the RT2 in a given game where the OT's are both enter the game healthy......but in the event of injury to Spencer Brown I'd suspect that Ifedi would be on the active roster and play RT ahead of Van Demark the following week.

Agreed.  Bates gets us through the game at RT, and we figure the rest out later. 

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

Is this true? I thought he was subject to waivers. I’m not up to date on late season roster move implications. 

No I think the @CincinnatiKid is right he is subject to waivers despite his experience because it is at the very end of the season.   That said.......I don't think he gets claimed by a team he doesn't want to go to.   Different situation than Kareem Jackson.......who was released because Payton didn't want him around any longer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Feel bad?  The Bills paid I'm almost 1.2 million NOT to play football!--not even put on the uniform.  Between ATL last year (1.3 million) and this year--2.5 million to appear for 8 Offensive snaps. 

not bad

The tongue was placed firmly in the cheek in my post. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

It is not true.  After the trade deadline, ALL players are subject to waivers.

The trade deadline has a part to play in what happens to a player who is waived. If the franchise subjects the player to it between February 1 and November 1 (the cut-off date), then the player may hold talks with any team of his choice and agree on a new contract with them.

However, if the team decides to waive after the deadline, the player will undergo the waiver claim process, which is carried out according to the standings in reverse order. This means that the NFL team with the worst record gets first pick on all waiver claims.

5 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Ifedi will be signed elsewhere over the weekend. So many oline rooms around the league are a mess and Kromer is respected. 

I give it a little better than 50/50 he clears and ends up on the Bills PS.

Lots of teams are done for the year.  The playoff teams have their lineups.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.