Bills Waive OT Germain Ifedi

JohnNord

Glad they never had to use him because Spencer Brown has not only stayed healthy but also played really well. But I still hope they are able to sneak him back on the PS. Unlikely as the state of play in the NFL of offensive lines is so bad that some team is likely to want to pick him up for depth. 

17 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, no surprise here. It was discussed in the Elam thread and it became fairly obvious he was the odd man out for Daquan.

This late in the season, he should easily be brought back to the PS. And if not, Van Demark is RT2 anyways, Bates can play OT in a pinch, and we still have Richard Gouraige on the PS.

I tend to think that David Edwards would come in at RT if Brown got hurt mid-game. He’s played RT before, and has been playing on the end of the line (as a tackle eligible) in most games this year. Hopefully we don’t get to find out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

OL Germain Ifedi waived and now on PS.

Buffalo Bills

@BuffaloBills

We’ve signed OL Germain Ifedi to the practice squad and released S Tre Norwood.

https://x.com/BuffaloBills/status/1741202499581718695?s=20

I thought he had a decent chance of clearing.  Having him to call up is big.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Can another team sign him to their active roster still? Or can we promote him to the active roster every week from here on out without having to use a 53 spot on him, essentially protecting him?

Bills can protect a number of players each week.

I also believe a team cannot poach from opposition practice squad week before a game.

Well at least we dot have to worry about Germainia bombing Pear Harbor any time soon…, 

On 12/30/2023 at 8:56 PM, Limeaid said:

Bills can protect a number of players each week.

I also believe a team cannot poach from opposition practice squad week before a game.

The "protect players each week" thing went away with Covid rules.

You're correct that a team can not sign from another team's practice squad the week before they play them.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.