Laporta versus Kincaid?

Toledo Bill

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

When not watching the Bills I watch most of the Lions games.

I am curious what people think… who is better?

If I remember correctly, Kincaid was the top rated tight end coming into the draft.

I wonder if Laporta is better suited to be a  tight end in the NFL..

Wait….you can go back and think you could have picked different in the draft? When did this start?

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

If I remember correctly, Kincaid was the top rated tight end coming into the draft.

I love Kincaid but worry about his relatively slender frame.  Seems like he’s just not built to give and take the punishment necessary to play tight end in the NFL. Laporta seems like more of a prototypical TE…

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

I love Kincaid but worry about his relatively slender frame.  Seems like he’s just not built to give and take the punishment necessary to play tight end in the NFL. Laporta seems like more of a prototypical TE…

Kincaid weighed in at the combine 1 lb heavier than Sam

It's not like Sam has 20 lb on him

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

There's no question to be had. If you honestly think LaPorta looks just as good in our offense as he does in Detroit, I hate to break it to you, it would make no difference. Kincaid would be the better TE if he was in Detroit 

Phrasing your original post a little differently may have been better.  

:) 

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

Right. Of course. That empty hypothetical that can’t be debated. 

Beane wanted a WR but then had to scramble for Kincaid. It may be that the type of pass-catching TE that Kincaid can become will take longer to develop.

I’m still glad that we took Dalton

But I really hope that our first round pick this next year is a wide receiver

1 hour ago, mannc said:

That’s interesting…Kincaid looks a lot smaller.

Those guys are very seldom at their final statistic. Whenever it comes to this I look for Dalton after a full off-season program to be bigger.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Really wasn't an option this year.  Four WRs came off the board immediately before we took Kincaid... 

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's kinda like when I watch the Bills and my wife says something like "nice your watching the stupid Bills again". She didn't technically say I'm stupid but I know what she's really saying. 

Yeah, she's not calling you stupid. She's saying football is stupid lol

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Those guys are very seldom at their final statistic. Whenever it comes to this I look for Dalton after a full off-season program to be bigger.

Ofc weights fluctuate

But Sam isn't gigantic compared to Dalton 

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

LaPorta is a better all around TE, he also plays for a former TE who is committed to using him a lot. Kincaid was and is breasts on a bull when Knox is healthy. That makes LaPorta the better choice for the Lions, but LaPorta would have been a bad choice for the Bills too.

YESSSS please 

6 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

LaPorta is a monster. He's already an elite top-end TE. Kincaid has shown flashes of being a good player, but they aren't close to the same right now.

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'll settle this real quickly. Take LaPorta out of the Lions offense and put him in the Bills offense and take Kincaid and put him in the Lions offense, production is flipped. There, now go back to not making stupid posts. It's not Kincaid, it's how they are used

I’m not sure what Toledo Bill did in your Wheaties, so I’ll set that aside.    To your analysis …  isn’t “who you are” the biggest indicator of “how you’re used”?  I’m not sure Toledo’s post was the stupid one.

5 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

LaPorta is also the main man in Derroit. They allow him to run seam routes and actually use him the way he should be. How did Kincaid look when he was the main man when Knox was out? He looked exactly like he was on LaPorta's level. Now Knox is back and Kincaid is basically taking a back seat again. LaPorta is not necessarily better

Exactly opportunity LaPorta competing against who for falls? St. Brown?

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

settle this real quickly. Take LaPorta out of the Lions offense and put him in the Bills offense and take Kincaid and put him in the Lions offense, production is flipped. There, now go back to not making stupid posts. It's not Kincaid, it's how they are used

Yeah I mean just watch how they're used. Laporta is a deep target threat, Kincaid gets 7 yards a catch. Pretty simple

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin

14 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Actually I think most had Laporta as the number 1 TE and he is playing like it. Beane wanted Aaron Hernandez. He wanted a flex TE and that is what Kincaid is.

LaPorta is obviously far better right now. But it's early. Kincaid still looks like he can be a star. 

LaPorta has better numbers. He’s not obviously better right now by any means.

21 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Kincaid was said by many to easily be the the best TE in this draft class. It took us half the season to start using him the way we should have and the last 2 weeks, Allen has barely thrown the ball and the Bills have a hard on for Dawson Knox. That is keeping Kincaid from being consistent every week. If LaPorta was in this offense with Dawson Know lingering, you mean to tell me he is better than Kincaid?

Did I say I thought highly of myself? Why are you making assumptions?

So you simply have concluded that there is no chance that LaPorta is a better player than Kincaid...and we have to just believe you on this?

Why is it vs?  Who cares.  They’re both good.  Kinkaid is an excellent addition for the Bills.

Now let’s get as Jeremy states two WR’s and probably some safeties.  We just need to extend the people who are of value with exploring contracts.  Everyone with Ed about Oliver, but now look at him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.