For crying out loud, did Damien Harris die (sarcasm)?!

dollars 2 donuts

There has been no update on him and on top of that nobody is even asking about him.

The only reason why I’m asking in a new thread is because the old one was so old (Oct 16 last post) that the thread note said a new thread should be started.

I’’m fine with our current group, and I know his injury initially seemed serious, but I thought shortly afterwards he was generally fine and then he fell off the face of the earth.

If I missed something about his condition I apologize. If anyone knows please post.

If anyone cares you can post, too.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Sad 1

Yeah doesn’t look good. Is he even on IR? Thought they should have ran Playoff Lenny more last night btw. Especially after Cook kept coughing up the ball. 

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

The discharged him the following day. Was eligible to return by week 11. That didn’t happen for obvious reasons; precaution and not of necessity to the team. 

I had high hopes for him being a decent rotation. Maybe next year. 

Was a 1 year deal wasn’t it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah doesn’t look good. Is he even on IR? Thought they should have ran Playoff Lenny more last night btw. Especially after Cook kept coughing up the ball. 

Was a 1 year deal wasn’t it?

Yeah, I believe so. Whether that’s here on not, wish the best for him. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Yeah, I believe so. Whether that’s here on not, wish the best for him. 

Fwiw I really liked Harris coming here. Thought he would be our #1 back before mid season. And that may have been true if he didn’t get injured. 

but I will say this. With the exception of last last, Cook has really impressed me. And Ty Johnson has looked incredible. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Fwiw I really liked Harris coming here. Thought he would be our #1 back before mid season. And that may have been true if he didn’t get injured. 

but I will say this. With the exception of last last, Cook has really impressed me. And Ty Johnson has looked incredible. 

Agreed. That combination of Johnson/Cook has been nice to see this year. Hope we retain the former as he’s looked extremely good for his role. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Agreed. That combination of Johnson/Cook has been nice to see this year. Hope we retain the former as he’s looked extremely good for his role. 

I think he’s looked as good or better than Cook minus the game last week. Of course he doesn’t have the stats or immediate impact that Cook has had. But he’s also not getting the opportunities that Cook is either. I think TJ in a role similar to Cooks and he produces very similarly. He’s look faster, and stronger than Cook imo. Again, minus maybe the last 2-3 games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think he’s looked as good or better than Cook minus the game last week. Of course he doesn’t have the stats or immediate impact that Cook has had. But he’s also not getting the opportunities that Cook is either. I think TJ in a role similar to Cooks and he produces very similarly. He’s look faster, and stronger than Cook imo. Again, minus maybe the last 2-3 games. 

Even though he’s had his issues at times, I feel Cook’s ability to catch the ball is what separates him from the others. With the style he’s running right now coupled with the catching ability is why he’s the clear cut #1. If the passing game wasn’t as prolific as it is/can be then I could see favoring more snaps to Johnson where it’s nearing a 50/50 split. 

Will agree undoubtedly that with more opportunities the guy would have some great stats. 

Do you think he’s here next year; Johnson?

7 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Even though he’s had his issues at times, I feel Cook’s ability to catch the ball is what separates him from the others. With the style he’s running right now coupled with the catching ability is why he’s the clear cut #1. If the passing game wasn’t as prolific as it is/can be then I could see favoring more snaps to Johnson where it’s nearing a 50/50 split. 

Will agree undoubtedly that with more opportunities the guy would have some great stats. 

Do you think he’s here next year; Johnson?

Probably because he will be cheap. Keep Cook, Johnson, and find another vet for the Murray role. Maybe Lenny comes back at a reasonable rate. That may depend on how we use him the rest of the way and if he wants to be here or not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

Probably because he will be cheap. Keep Cook, Johnson, and find another vet for the Murray role. Maybe Lenny comes back at a reasonable rate. That may depend on how we use him the rest of the way and if he wants to be here or not. 

There was teams clamoring for backs through the year and none signed Len. Wonder why that actually was…

His addition to our team, if any, is playoff football. Definitely the trio we have can do the job. 

Do you feel he’ll get opportunities in the postseason or just stay as insurance?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

There was teams clamoring for backs through the year and none signed Len. Wonder why that actually was…

His addition to our team, if any, is playoff football. Definitely the trio we have can do the job. 

Do you feel he’ll get opportunities in the postseason or just stay as insurance?

That will depend on any injuries I suspect. Of guys are hurt, banged up. Etc he may get some chances. I’m honestly surprised he touched the ball and was on the field as much as he was last night. But surprised that after Cook had some slipper hands that they didn’t go to him more actually. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Yeah doesn’t look good. Is he even on IR?

Scroll down

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/players-roster/

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He's contemplating retirement.  Most likely the team is giving him space.

*ding*ding*ding*ding*

He has a pregnant partner and it must have hit him hard to think he might not be able to hold his son.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, mrags said:

Take away last week and Johnson hasn't broken 20 yards a game or hit 4 ypc in any game. 

He is a JAG.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Take away last week and Johnson hasn't broken 20 yards a game or hit 4 ypc in any game. 

He is a JAG.

Watching him run he has looked very good. Fast. Agile. Strong. And I don’t disagree that he’s JAG. But nobody has looked special minus Cook last week. He’s looked good, but nothing that’s jumping off the table that screams star in this league. 

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

There has been no update on him and on top of that nobody is even asking about him.

The only reason why I’m asking in a new thread is because the old one was so old (Oct 16 last post) that the thread note said a new thread should be started.

I’’m fine with our current group, and I know his injury initially seemed serious, but I thought shortly afterwards he was generally fine and then he fell off the face of the earth.

If I missed something about his condition I apologize. If anyone knows please post.

he was a third string running back that was falling out of favor. If rolling in injured players (ie Hines) he may be as low as RB6 on the overall chart depending on how the team views guys

in the grand scheme of stories, it’s pretty low on interest levels 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

The discharged him the following day. Was eligible to return by week 11. That didn’t happen for obvious reasons; precaution and not of necessity to the team. 

I had high hopes for him being a decent rotation. Maybe next year. 

We are good with Johnson, Lenny and Cook.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I think he is on IR, and there was chatter that he was thinking of retiring after that injury. Huge scare, and guy just had his first child. So I can see why he is worried.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It makes me wonder if the neck injury isn't more serious than originally thought.

12 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I’ve completely forgotten-what was the injury? Neck? 

Yes

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Man, he was a nice signing at the time. 

Bless on recovering and coming back, but am I wrong to think it is unlikely here? 

Will check to see what we save on the cap.

edit:  1 year deal. Thought it was 2.

out after this season.

He might never play again is my feeling 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.