Week 16, Bills v. WVs - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

Gotta believe the Bills will take care of business in LA. I can't fathom a loss here. 

Bills are flat out the better team by a wide margin. It would have to be a colossal failure on all levels not to win. 

This team looks focused. I believe they are not looking ahead and taking it over game at a time. 

Cook continues to run well. Depleted Charger offense will struggle vs Bills defense. 

Bills 28

LA 13

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Bills also haven't defeated the Chargers on the road since the 80's, or at least I heard that somewhere & am too lazy to confirm 😅

On 12/21/2023 at 9:45 AM, Buffalo03 said:

San Diego/LA has been a house of horrors for the Bills. I believe we haven't beaten the Chargers on the road since 1981

Your posts made me look it up. Yep, we haven't won at San Diego/LA since the Ferguson years in 1981 (we won there back-to-back in 1980 and 1981). I was quite shocked. But we've only played them at their place six times since. Jim Kelly never even faced the Chargers when he was here from 1986-1996. Neither has Josh on the road there. The good news is we've only lost once at their place since they moved to Los Angeles: in 2017, pre-Josh.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=buf&tm2=sdg&yr=all

• Thank you (+1) 2

I put togther my own list of +s and -s for the Bills vs. the Chargers to determine a way to better calculate the results. As I see it (and note my eyesight at 74 is rapidly diminishing) the Chargers in the + category have a new coach, coming off humilating loss, home team (sorta), a decent running back, no icky mascot, and better looking cheerleaders (oh wait neither they or the Bills have cheerleaders-ok I'll amend that when they did have cheerleaders they were better looking - yes my misogeny knows no bounds.) In the minus category they are a really bad football team.

On the + side for the Bills : they have to win or they are toast, the O and D are really clicking, most of the fans at this game will probably be rooting for the Bills. On the negative side its a road trip and the Bills have demonstrated any trip over 3 hrs is bad for their pysche, short week compared to Chargers, Bills special teams, Bass doesn't seem right this season, Martin never has seemed right, Bills "non-prevent" defense in last two minutes of game, and of course Billy Buffalo.

prediction: 49-18    why - part of my birth date - there simply is no logical approach to this game that has the Chargers  winning. I do however hope they bring back the cheerleaders next season-an old man can dream.

Edited by entropyrules
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Wyverns, I guess.   Be careful of tail.

Bills: 30

Bolts: 2

Wyvern can also be characterized as an envious 2-legged dragon, which would fit the Bolts fairly well (only 2 legs = missing key players)??

Edited by TheWei44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Congratulations to all who picked the Bills, well done!  With the final score Bills 24, WVs 22, the winners are:

Gold - @Pine Barrens Mafia, 24-21, for a total difference of -2 points (3 points deducted for getting the Bills score exactly).

Silver (Tie) - @BuffaloBillyG, 27-23, and @Airseven 27-23, for a total difference of 4 points.

Bronze - @Dr. K, 27-20, for a total difference of 5 points.

See you all next week!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.