Andy Reid & Mahomes Fine$ are in

Motorin'

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well they know too that the players can appeal the fine, while the coach can't as no NFLPA to fight Reid's battles for him

That's true, but what on earth would Mahomes say in his appeal?  "I wasn't really trying to get to the ref to yell in his face and only kept from it by my teammates, if they'd have let go I would have walked over and said "Kind sir, a warning would be most appreciated but was not given"?  "I wasn't really yelling about it to Josh Allen during the after-game bro hugs, we were talking about the Pacers game" "I wasn't really complaining about the ref'ing in my post game presser, I was misquoted - On videotape!"

8 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Seems like Patty should have gotten the bigger fine.  That tantrum was next level privileged victim mentality!!!

I think it might come down to the specific wording they each used.  Reid was blunter "the league should be embarrassed".  I'm not sure Mahomes said anything that direct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That's true, but what on earth would Mahomes say in his appeal?  "I wasn't really trying to get to the ref to yell in his face and only kept from it by my teammates, if they'd have let go I would have walked over and said "Kind sir, a warning would be most appreciated but was not given"?  "I wasn't really yelling about it to Josh Allen during the after-game bro hugs, we were talking about the Pacers game" "I wasn't really complaining about the ref'ing in my post game presser, I was misquoted - On videotape!"

Well my point was it would more likely be appealed and the league would lose if the fine was deemed to be excessive.  Likely that will be the NFLPA's argument, not that Mahomes didn't break the rules, but that the fine given is excessive. 

Reid can certainly make the same argument, but he has nobody fighting for him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well my point was it would more likely be appealed and the league would lose if the fine was deemed to be excessive.  Likely that will be the NFLPA's argument, not that Mahomes didn't break the rules, but that the fine given is excessive. 

The League fine is so high because the ref was actually right. I can’t believe it, but the League is telling the Chiefs to simmer down some, and get in line with the showings of Taylor Swift and be happy about it. 

In other words, Don’t screw up the script.

Edited by Thrivefourfive
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

This reminds me of Jerry Hughes. "I said what?  Show me the tape"

All I kept thinking was that there have been some terrible calls this year and you B word about that one?

Complaining that the ref didn't remind your guy where the LOS was.

I thought he was Offside from the get-go and I was wondering when or if the flag was going to get tossed and then it was.

It's like they were shocked that a penalty can wipe out a TD... welcome to our world.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think it might come down to the specific wording they each used.  Reid was blunter "the league should be embarrassed".  I'm not sure Mahomes said anything that direct.

Yeah Mahomes as whiny as it was came off more as venting while Reid's comments were more offensive to the refs and questioning of the call, and certainly more memorable. Like Mahomes trying to remember and the most memorable things are calls deciding games and should be a highlight for Kelce. 

5 hours ago, 4th&long said:

They should have been fined a lot more, that is why they did it, that is pocket change to them!

Probably works like when Robert “Happy Ending” Kraft always squared up for Bellicheat’a acct.  Reid and Mahomes will get their money back on the flip side.

This kind of being up a point I've always wondered about and I am sure some of yo my have the answer for this, but why do officials seem to be so untouchable?  You can't criticize them, heck you or your fined. Yet when they mess up or "sway games" with egregious calls, they don't get fined.  I remember Hughes was upset because a red called him a beotch. Did that Ref get fined. I'm going to guess not. Of all things, don't criticize the officials, just seems way to power trippy to me. 

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

This kind of being up a point I've always wondered about and I am sure some of yo my have the answer for this, but why do officials seem to be so untouchable?  You can't criticize them, heck you or your fined. Yet when they mess up or "sway games" with egregious calls, they don't get fined.  I remember Hughes was upset because a red called him a beotch. Did that Ref get fined. I'm going to guess not. Of all things, don't criticize the officials, just seems way to power trippy to me. 

That ref actually got fired.

But as to the larger point the NFL wants to protect the image of the game. Which I know everyone hates and complains about the officiating but there is a difference between fans and outside voices doing that and if it became open season and all the players and coaches started doing it. Also they need people to actually do the job and that kind of environment doesn't seem very inviting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I do see your point

8 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Saw this as well. Fines were well deserved. 

Anyone want to bet that stupid Chefs fans making <30K /yr will start up

a collection to help them pay the fine?

Well deserved ? Lol

3 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Seems like Patty should have gotten the bigger fine.  That tantrum was next level privileged victim mentality!!!

Id love to have a QB that has the testicular fortitude to stick up for his teammate knowing they jacked up, that's character right there.

Maybe the bills and chiefs meet in the playoffs and mahomes gets buffalo for the 3rd time in a game that has actual meaning 

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, Motorin&#x27; said:

I think Mahomes should’ve received a bigger fine than Reid.  He was out of control with his ranting.  Reid calmly made some mild comments.  I guess they hold the head coach to a higher standard while also not wanting to further upset the Golden Boy.

15 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Should have suspended Mahomes until opening day 2024.  😄

What!? You think he is Tom Brady or something!! Lmbo (I kid I kid!)

11 hours ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

But the eagles security officer gets a sideline ban for the rest of the season. 

Seems a little biased?

Why? Fining him would hurt him a heck of a lot more than these sad fines hurt the Chiefs? I mean unless they take it as a percentage of their salaries.. I mean what is 50k when you make 45 million a year??? So that be what .25 cents to a normal person.. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Id love to have a QB that has the testicular fortitude to stick up for his teammate knowing they jacked up, that's character right there.

You don't have one of those?

Well, at least now we know you're a Patriots fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That ref actually got fired.

But as to the larger point the NFL wants to protect the image of the game. Which I know everyone hates and complains about the officiating but there is a difference between fans and outside voices doing that and if it became open season and all the players and coaches started doing it. Also they need people to actually do the job and that kind of environment doesn't seem very inviting.

Wow I didn't know he got fired. Nice. He should have.

id like to believe (or hope) that players and coaches say things behind the scene. I get the human side of reffing and it's got to be very difficult. They also need to make calls that they are literally staring at but don't (that can sway the outcome of a game). Accountability i guess is all I'd like to see more of. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

14 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Well deserved ? Lol

Maybe the bills and chiefs meet in the playoffs and mahomes gets buffalo for the 3rd time in a game that has actual meaning 

That’s funny.. all class from Patty who has literally experienced zero adversity. Shows his lack of !!!character 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.