Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

7 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

16 outta 23 passes went to our RB or TE so KC’s D had an impact. Josh had Gabe wide open for a TD on the FG but didn’t see him or that would of been a big WR play.

Not worried about Diggs but Brady needs to scheme up some better designed plays besides horizontal throws to Diggs.

People keep saying Josh didn’t see Gabe.  Josh was running his life, trying to keep the play alive.  Better protection, Josh would see Gabe, but he was under duress

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This dialogue is silly.  You think Justin Jefferson or Cooper Kupp need a number 2?  I also think you have plenty of weapons to throw too that other teams will focus on.  Anyways if he started catching some of the easy drops it wouldn't be a problem.  He's definitely off right now.

Josh needs a 1A or stud 2 WR.

you see in all 22 often, Bills WR do not get separation 

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 2

It’s becoming quite clear to me that we need to go after a WR with our 1st round pick.   Gabe is not the answer at the #2 and at some point in the not so distant future Diggs won’t be a high end #1.   

Another high end WR and quality DT should be off season priorities.

He's not done, just double covered every play.  Plus teams play almost all cover 2 over top.   Teams decided to take Diggs away this year, and they are doing so.   Josh needs to go elsewhere with the ball most times.  Make them pay for doubling Diggs.  Run him straight down the field every play and throw underneath,  

9 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Others no… but Brady stop throwing illogical swings passes that don’t work to get him involved.

What I've seen all year long....from many teams across the league....is that these swing passes/side screens always seem to have plenty of blockers out there, but one or two of the defenders pretty much always beats their blocker, and then makes the tackle. The play only seems to be successful about 25% of the time, but they sure do like to run it. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

I don't know if he's done, but they need to toss those WR Screens to him out of the playbook.  Diggs is an elite route runner.  He's not a speed guy.  Stop wasting him and downs on those stupid play calls.

I think they tried that four or five times yesterday.  The verdict is in on that play, it has proven itself to be unproductive.  The cowboys will be ready for that play which reeks of pick 6 if you know it's coming.

We need a legit OC so badly.  

Approaching the end of the half Josh was on the field with his hands over his ears waiting for a play call from upstairs yelling "what are we doing?  Give me something!"

Sorry Josh, we should have given you Dhop, and an innovative OC.  You got Trent Sherfield and Joe Brady.  

• Sad 1

Have people actually played football before? I think people think if a wr doesn’t have 100 yards every game, they suck. Why do you think Cook was so effective? Or Kincaid? Diggs draws coverage and makes it easier for other players. So he can have a huge impact on the game with a monster stat game. 

that said, how happy will be doing that all time is a better question. Because he will get Gilmore (Bills fans thought he wasn’t good 😂) so it could be a similar role for him this week 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I think they tried that four or five times yesterday.  The verdict is in on that play, it has proven itself to be unproductive.  The cowboys will be ready for that play which reeks of pick 6 if you know it's coming.

We need a legit OC so badly.  

Approaching the end of the half Josh was on the field with his hands over his ears waiting for a play call from upstairs yelling "what are we doing?  Give me something!"

Sorry Josh, we should have given you Dhop, and an innovative OC.  You got Trent Sherfield and Joe Brady.  

Hum 32 37 and 20 pts against very good defenses isn’t getting it done for you? I think our new OC is showing a lot of promise and potential 3 games in. 

More concerned about the Defense / McD closing games out. JAs pick yesterday was almost a killer, just a bad decision. He has to throw that away, that’s not Brady’s fault.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Have people actually played football before? I think people think if a wr doesn’t have 100 yards every game, they suck.

Diggs has dropped more passes over the past 3 weeks than I can remember in his entire Bills career.

No idea why, but he has.

Nothing to do with not having 100 yards.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Diggs has dropped more passes over the past 3 weeks than I can remember in his entire Bills career.

No idea why, but he has.

Nothing to do with not having 100 yards.

Still hungover from his birthday party. Hangovers last longer in your 30s.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I felt he was held and interfered with a number of times.  They were also hitting him early and often. 

On our last series where we ended up kicking the go ahead FG, we went to Diggs twice and he got absolutely MUGGED both times. Sneed was wrapped around him, and had his left arm pinned down before the ball was even close.

No call. Looks like a bad drop for Diggs.

Dude is a baller. Look how he picked up that 1st down earlier in the game.

I agree he might be dinged up. But he hasnt given up or checked out.

Still crazy to me how much Bills fans want to find a reason to disparage this guy.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

On our last series where we ended up kicking the go ahead FG, we went to Diggs twice and he got absolutely MUGGED both times. Sneed was wrapped around him, and had his left arm pinned down before the ball was even close.

No call. Looks like a bad drop for Diggs.

Dude is a baller. Look how he picked up that 1st down earlier in the game.

I agree he might be dinged up. But he hasnt given up or checked out.

Still crazy to me how much Bills fans want to find a reason to disparage this guy.

That’s the chiefs defense in a nutshell….hold every wr and let Chris jones do his thing.  I knew they were gonna get smoked in that tb sb a few years back the second one or two defensive holdings got called 😂.that chiefs defense with Nick Bolton back in the lineup is absolutely nasty 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.