Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

30 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

Diggs is still near the top in most receiver metrics this season.  not worried one bit about him.

Im not worried about diggs. I AM worried about this fake pressure for Allen / OC to always look to him first or try and force it. Go elsewhere 

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Diggs is not done, lol.  But catch the dang ball. His hands are a bit clumsy at times this season. Although against KC at least one, maybe 2 WR screens would’ve been blown up  and maybe even negative yards. 

Since we know that he protects himself, maybe those were intentional drops to keep from being smashed.

• Like (+1) 1

The frustrating thing to me is all of his targets of late have been at the line of scrimmage or just beyond. Brady seems to not have any downfield throws designated his way. On one hand, I get it. He's always covered mightily and it's wise to go to open people. But you have to try from time to time and the line of scrimmage isn't his game.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The frustrating thing to me is all of his targets of late have been at the line of scrimmage or just beyond. Brady seems to not have any downfield throws designated his way. On one hand, I get it. He's always covered mightily and it's wise to go to open people. But you have to try from time to time and the line of scrimmage isn't his game.

I don't think this is true.  You might consider watching The QB School Week 12 analysis of the Eagles game, for example.  There are places where Diggs is downfield, and even could be argued to be open, and Josh targets someone else (he acknowledges that could be the order of the reads).  There are also places where Diggs was double covered downfield and Josh still threw to him.

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Since we know that he protects himself, maybe those were intentional drops to keep from being smashed.

That would be stupid if intentional.  As Isaiah McKenzie used to say, "you're going to get hit either way so might as well catch it".  Count the number of flags thrown because a player covering a WR hit the WR after they dropped the ball.  I don't think you'll find many, if any.   LB and DB don't pull up and not hit WR who drop the ball because 1) at the point where they're boring in, they usually don't know that he dropped it 2) what if he did some kind of fancy-butt 1 hand juggling catch then they'd look like a 'fool with their pants on the ground' 3) it's not something the league penalizes unless they target the neck or above - and then it's a penalty whether or not they catch it.

19 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Diggs just needs his James Lofton on the other side. 

Agreed.  More reliable talent in the WR2 spot would go a long way. The easiest way to do that would be a high investment in the WR room R1. 

https://theathletic.com/5138908/2023/12/15/stefon-diggs-buffalo-bills-drops-cowboys?source=user-shared-article

Stefon Diggs on decreased production, increased drops: "It's not because of me"

Through his first 66 targets, Stefon Diggs was all-galaxy.

Over his next 66 targets, Diggs’ production wouldn’t send him to the Pro Bowl.

The Buffalo Bills’ top receiver has been double-teamed all season, but his stats have plummeted significantly and he’s dropping passes at the worst rate of his career.

“It’s not because of me,” Diggs said during a Thursday news conference in which he conceded the past seven games have been “rough” and “frustrating” and his most effective role has been the upbeat, sideline cheerleader.

“It’s rough, man,” Diggs said. “Even earlier in the year, I saw a lot of the doubles, but they’ve been doing a great job, especially when you put those first seven to eight games on tape of what you like to do. They’ve been doing a good job.

“For me, personally, I’ve been trying, bro. I promise you I’ve been trying. It’s not because of me.”

“We’ve just got to continue to make plays and, I guess, spread the ball around,” Diggs said. “We’ve been winning so far. In a perfect world, I want the ball. I want to have success. At the end of the day, we’re winning games. That’s what I’ve got to tip my hat to, but I’m still chasing greatness each and every day. It’s not because I don’t want it. I promise you that.

“I want to still continue to play at a high level, but I’ve got to play within the scheme and be me with us. We’ve got a slogan or words to live by: ‘Be you with us.’ I’m going to still be me. I’m not going to stop, but hopefully we get some things rolling.”

I'll be honest, I've been getting a little sick of Diggs lately. If you're gonna dish out your frustrations to other player you have to be willing to take accountability when you're not playing well. This whole interview rubs me the wrong way.

EDIT: I did not listen to the interview. Based on comments below it sounds like Tim Graham took quotes out of context to make it look worse. Nothing to see here...

Edited by HappyDays
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 4

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

https://theathletic.com/5138908/2023/12/15/stefon-diggs-buffalo-bills-drops-cowboys?source=user-shared-article

I'll be honest, I've been getting a little sick of Diggs lately. If you're gonna dish out your frustrations to other player you have to be willing to take accountability when you're not playing well. This whole interview rubs me the wrong way.

what? He isnt blaming other people on his team, hes talking about defenses are doing to him and how thats opened opps for players (mainly our RBs). You are looking for something that is not there...and most likely just to back up your dislike for Diggs because he was wrongly labeled as a diva for years.

the "not because of me" is in reference to how much attention defenses are giving him

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I didn't get that vibe.  I took it as he's working his butt off to get open and other teams are doing a good job taking him away..  I saw the presser on Youtube and he sounded kind of resigned to the media like..hey guys, it's not for lack of trying or working to get open, I'm doing my all but.. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He didn't say it in a way that was accusing anyone of anything. He said he was being doubled a lot, which opens up other guys to make plays. He effectively said he wasn't doing anything different this year vs other years, so "it's not because of me." It's because of how opposing DCs are scheming against him and how the Bills are addressing those opposing schemes. It was very much in the vein of, "Glad we're scheming against that well, glad my guys are making it happen when I'm doubled, but sure, I want the ball. I'm not doing anything different. And maybe when we gash them with other guys, that'll get me more chances."

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I put the rolled eyes emoji on your post but I want you to know that I am sitting here rolling my eyes IRL right now also. I almost fell backwards out of my chair

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.