Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

5 minutes ago, Success said:

"To take away greatness like that" - my lord, is that entitled.

Maybe talk to Toney there, Pat.  Are refs supposed to swallow their whistles when they see a great play w/ a penalty, and just marvel?

This guy has had EVERYTHING go his way since he stepped into the league. Now we’re discovering that he’s just a spoiled brat little punk…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We owe it to ourselves to enjoy this win. I felt that we did enough to deserve it even if some controversial calls went our way.

Abandoning the run game in the second half made no sense to me. It was our defense that got us this win. 

Beating the champs in their own building is no small thing. I will admit to experiencing some very Billsy deja vu when we kicked the FG leaving Mahomes almost two minutes on the clock. This time the nightmare happened to somebody else 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

It seemed like the abandoned the offense that was killing it in the first half. Then played like their were down two scores the entire second half. The same offense that ran it down the Eagles throat two weeks ago. 

Cook was the best player on the field in the first half…. Then, poof, gone

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The bad news is he took another couple of suplexes tonight too. With no flags. I dont get why the refs just let Digs get interfered with and mugged up and down the field, and then when he does make a catch the defense can just slam him around how ever they want. It's maddening.

Diggs plays so hard every time he has the ball or is targeted, I do get concerned for his health towards the end of each season - I hope today was just a case of a great gameplan and a little lack of concentration

1 hour ago, Cray51 said:

I need help understanding what we define as lucky.  I saw a team be resilient, and kept mahomes on his toes.  And, I think they did enough to win against a great team.

Things to focus on, but it wasn’t pure luck

Points of degree between our views 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, chongli said:

Chiefs fans angry because they have underperformed this season:

Sounds familiar, unfortunately.

I’m surprised the Chiefs haven’t done more to replace Tyreek, honestly. 

Of course they won a Super Bowl last year with mediocrity at receiver, probably had them thinking they could keep short-changing at that position and see if a young guy develops. It’s bit them in the ass this year, tho. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Chiefs complaining about the Toney call would be like if we complained that the refs called us for 12 men in the Denver game. 

Absolute punk moves by Reid and Mahomes to make this about the refs when it was their own lack of execution that did them in. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, badandyman said:

Still not happy with are time management.  2:12 left in the game and you throw it 3 times taking 15 seconds off the clock. Run it 3 time. Avoid a sack and keep the clock running.  I guess thats to easy for McDermott and his staff

My quick $0.02 is that the QB was struggling as the second half progressed. Didn’t see Davis. 2, 3, maybe 4 poorly advised shovel passes; it was imperative to get Josh efficient. We tried running a bunch and we’re getting stuffed.

We needed to run Cook more earlier in the game.

This felt like a Dorsey-esque game to me. 

Edited by Mango
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.