Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

23 hours ago, Cray51 said:

I need help understanding what we define as lucky.  I saw a team be resilient, and kept mahomes on his toes.  And, I think they did enough to win against a great team.

Things to focus on, but it wasn’t pure luck

The KC guy lining up in the neutral zone, WHICH NULLIFIED A TD, certainly was lucky for the Bills, as that foul rarely happens in the NFL (especially on the offensive side). Bills would have had to come back for a TD, which didn't seem likely.

Edit: LMAO at the Red Xs people are giving me for this. The KC dumbo lining up in the neutral zone absolutely cost them a TD, and a likely win, as the big, bad Bills offense came up with only two FGs in the 2nd half. What makes anybody think that all of a sudden the Bills were going to mount a game winning TD drive with about a minute to go is mind boggling, and laughable.

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Mahomes crying the entire post-conference interview about Toney being called for the infraction. Whining about how Kelce won't get the enjoyment of seeing his throw be replayed on ESPN a million times. Guess this is the reaction of his team not getting calls or having calls go against them.

If dude doesn't get fined something heavy for criticism of the refs, I swear. 

Waiting on official NFL apology on Monday😡

33 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Bills close to being Offside on that 4th down play.  I think he assumed he had a free play but no flag.

Thanks - but my son subsequently showed me the press conference and he was upset that Toney was called Offside on the throwback play.

Just speculating, but maybe some lingering p!ssiness from the non-call at the end of the Packers game.

Definitely not a look I've seen from Mahomes. The fact that he was that p!ssed after the game makes me wonder if it affected him on the three plays that followed the penalty.

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

You don’t want to admit they were resilient because then you would have to admit you were maybe a little wrong about McDermott. 

I predicted you would be like this after reading your post earlier in the thread.

Who was resilient exactly? Benford as he got beat by Kelce? Rapp after taking a horrible angle and missing the tackle on Kelce? Or Cam Lewis who left Toney open just to watch the pitch sail by him as he collapsed into a pile on himself?

I dont mean to call out individual players when it's accurate to just say "McD's weak-minded team was about to let another one slip away in classic fashion but the other team screwed up worse"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

No doubt I'll get hammered for this take but....

1. O-line got mauled.

2. D-line fell off the cliff again in the second half. Zero sacks.

3. Receivers MIA.

Pyrrhic victory. We're not threatening the top teams with this level of play.

We literally just beat a top team wtf are you talking about?!

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How is KC getting called for offensive Offside being resilient?

Lucky is watching the game be won on a crazy play no one was ready for even tho Kelce is infamous for his weird laterals, just to have it cancelled out because a WR lined up a foot to far. Nothing the Bills did there won the game for us. The defense didnt get the stop. They watched them score and win the game. KC beat themselves.

I mean…the game went on after that obvious penalty was called and the defense got the stop. Idk why this is being talked about like it was some miraculous last second play lol it makes no sense 

procedural/formation penalties wipe out tds very often not to mention I’m fairly certain offensive offside is a dead ball foul and this infamous Kelce lateral should not have been allowed to even happen 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Tough call from the angle and because Taylor was already moving at RT at the EXACT same moment.......so when the ball is snapped wrt Offside should be irrelevant.

Taylor has gotten so bad at it that they could call it almost every down.   He's just been a horror show of a UFA signing but I digress.........

There are A LOT of these plays every game and they are all "moving" infractions against either the OL or DL and they clearly choose to avoid calling anything unless it's glaringly obvious.  

What happened with Toney was a stationary pre-snap foul........you can't just not call that.   

3 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I get where you're coming from Dawkenstein but to be fair, the defense did finish out the game after the penalty. And even if the lateral TD did stand, the game wasn't over: Josh would have had over a minute and three timeouts to go for the win.

But I do agree that a lot of the same problems we've seen from the Bills/McD this year reared their head. This win didn't necessarily boost the confidence meter, but hey, still better than the alternative.

KC was out of time outs, so McD could kneel it down and go to OT there. :thumbsup:

Like I said, good for McD and the boys. They needed this psychologically. Even if McD isnt back next year, this would be an even deeper mental hole for Josh and Co. to dig out of next year.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I get where you're coming from Dawkenstein but to be fair, the defense did finish out the game after the penalty. And even if the lateral TD did stand, the game wasn't over: Josh would have had over a minute and three timeouts to go for the win.

But I do agree that a lot of the same problems we've seen from the Bills/McD this year reared their head. This win didn't necessarily boost the confidence meter, but hey, still better than the alternative.

A penalty is a....... penalty 

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Who was resilient exactly? Benford as he got beat by Kelce? Rapp after taking a horrible angle and missing the tackle on Kelce? Or Cam Lewis who left Toney open just to watch the pitch sail by him as he collapsed into a pile on himself?

I dont mean to call out individual players when it's accurate to just say "McD's weak-minded team was about to let another one slip away in classic fashion but the other team screwed up worse"

Oh, Sheesh.  Can't we just enjoy a W? 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

How are the refs calling an infraction correctly “lucky”

man’s resilient is about the entirety of the game, not one play.  Also, the defense DID get the stop, because there were three plays after that the Bills shut down.

are the bills lucky that Floyd got a hand on Mahomes arm? Or was it proper coaching, playcalling, and execution?

We were "lucky" Toney is such a dummy. And apparently, to hear it from Mahomes about the warnings they usually get, we were lucky the refs actually called it correctly.

Floyd is all player execution. He's a real one.

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

We were due for one of these. But this team is still not right. So many concerning things. I am still hoping for the playoff and what happens but there are serious issues. 

Agreed. I mean, for example, our WR1 has disappeared off the face of the earth…and the OC is going entire quarters without calling a running play, even though we have the lead and can’t pass block …

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Mahomes crying the entire post-conference interview about Toney being called for the infraction. Whining about how Kelce won't get the enjoyment of seeing his throw be replayed on ESPN a million times. Guess this is the reaction of his team not getting calls or having calls go against them.

If dude doesn't get fined something heavy for criticism of the refs, I swear. 

Flag was thrown at the snap. Clear infraction. What an ass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.