Will the Bills’ players smash the Chiefs will that indicate how they feel about McDermott?

Tipster19

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I think that this is a real possibility and to me it would indicate that they are supporting McDermott. I think that this just might be the biggest “us against the world” statement that the Bills have made in quite some time.

Go Bills!

NFL isn’t ra ra sis boom ba pep rally football.  If they can’t get up for this game then there’s no hope for this team 

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I think that this is a real possibility and to me it would indicate that they are supporting McDermott. I think that this just might be the biggest “us against the world” statement that the Bills have made in quite some time.

Go Bills!

some of y’all love the soap opera 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Figster said:

It was a character assassination on McD.  The players do care whats written about a coach and man to whom for many has become a father figure IMO. 

McD sure cared... 

McD should lawyer up and go after Dunne.   The players don't care, vast majority from 20119 are not even on this roster. 

Let it go people, he sincerely apologized.  It's over.   Let it go.   Don't blow up a good thing over this bs.  

• Haha (+1) 2

All teams always try to smash the opposing one. It's when it's tough, crunch time, that coaches and star players are gauged. And it's when things are going badly you see if they rally or not. But this is the NFL, almost no team gives up on coaches, Yes it happens in hockey, because they are 82 games, and when you play half-ass, the other team usually follow suit. In football, if you play half-ass, you get beaten down physically and humiliated. Even if players hate the coach, they will still play hard.

While I too feel McD is on the hot seat - or should be in one - he has earned the right to fight it out for all this season, and it's not a hit piece and biased journalists that will change that. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

At this level it’s more about X’s and O’s.  They’re professionals who should be up for every game.

They're human beings getting dings and bruises during a long season.  The Titans were "revved up" for us on Tues night football because they were getting slammed in the National Media.  The Bengals were "revved up" for us because supposedly the Bills were 'dissing' them by selling tickets for the next game (never mind that they were doing that too).  In theory, the Bills players could be "press is dunking on us, Let's Show Those SOBs".

But I don't think it would be specifically support for their coach, more like "Buffalo vs. Everybody" Circle-the-Wagons attitude.

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

McD should lawyer up and go after Dunne.   The players don't care, vast majority from 20119 are not even on this roster. 

Let it go people, he sincerely apologized.  It's over.   Let it go.   Don't blow up a good thing over this bs.  

I guess he could lawyer up, but the stories cited in the article would need to be untrue. The 9/11 fiasco was already confirmed to be accurate by McD. Not sure why Dunne would straight up make things up if he expects to stay in business or avoid such a lawsuit.

The players don't have anything against McD it's the fans that have the problem with him & they should get over this instant gratification thing just because our team finally has a really good HC doesn't mean that you can automatically go to a SB & win one there are plenty of good QB's that never went to the big game .

And there was more to it than just the HC . There are also a bunch of really good or excellent HC's that never saw one but did a lot of winning in their time as a HC .

so if they lose, they did so to signal their lack of support for McD?

Oh, Tipster.....

Look there can't be a guy on this team who would not rather have a Reid or Shanny as their HC right now.  If they beat KC, it has nothing to do with their "feeings" for McD.

Silly to even consider this  They just want to win.

• Like (+1) 1

The Sunday Countdown crew is very critical.  Rex was disgusted about the 9/11 thing and said if McD was coaching the Jets or Giants he would not be coaching today (even tho this took place in 2019).  Shefter said there was some talk around the league questioning if McDermott would be coaching the Bills anymore.  They agree McD does not feel the pulse of the team, he has problems delivering the message, but he did have public support from some players and staff this week. In general the talk regarding the Bills is very doom and gloom, they are having a lousy season...too many distractions..and blah blah blah.  Will be very interesting to see if the Bills make them eat their words.

From the sounds of it we basically have Michael Scott at HC.

Awkward, cringe worthy, sometimes petty but at the end of the day not a bad guy.

The employees at Dunder Mufflin didn't hate Michael, but they did a lot of eye rolling and laughing, with the occasional "no Michael, no!" During staff meetings.

They still sold paper. And there were the Dwights who worshipped Michael.

Life imitating art. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

41 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Sunday Countdown crew is very critical.  Rex was disgusted about the 9/11 thing and said if McD was coaching the Jets or Giants he would not be coaching today (even tho this took place in 2019).  Shefter said there was some talk around the league questioning if McDermott would be coaching the Bills anymore.  They agree McD does not feel the pulse of the team, he has problems delivering the message, but he did have public support from some players and staff this week. In general the talk regarding the Bills is very doom and gloom, they are having a lousy season...too many distractions..and blah blah blah.  Will be very interesting to see if the Bills make them eat their words.

Just replayed this on the DVR.  JESUS!!!  Rex Ryan was devastating, Sam Ponder went absolutely ballistic about the outrage over McDummy, but zero outrage over Von Miller beating up (allegedly) his pregnant girlfriend, Randy Moss saying "I won't play for the guy", and Bruschi tip-toeing around it a little, but clearly saying that McDummy does not know how to motivate his team, lacking the knowledge of what to say and how to say it in the big moments.  Damning stuff.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just replayed this on the DVR.  JESUS!!!  Rex Ryan was devastating, Sam Ponder went absolutely ballistic about the outrage over McDummy, but zero outrage over Von Miller beating up (allegedly) his pregnant girlfriend, Randy Moss saying "I won't play for the guy", and Bruschi tip-toeing around it a little, but clearly saying that McDummy does not know how to motivate his team, lacking the knowledge of what to say and how to say it in the big moments.  Damning stuff.

Yeah, brutal..  I left that segment feeling depressed about the team and thinking despite their injuries, this will be a get right game for KC.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.