Will the Bills’ players smash the Chiefs will that indicate how they feel about McDermott?

Tipster19

5 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I think that this is a real possibility and to me it would indicate that they are supporting McDermott. I think that this just might be the biggest “us against the world” statement that the Bills have made in quite some time.

Go Bills!

I don’t think anyone inside that locker room really cares about this biased article.  They are focused and united on winning this game the same as they were before the hit piece came out that read a lot more like a jaded ex GF than it did as a real journalistic piece with important information.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Doc Brown said:

At this level it’s more about X’s and O’s.  They’re professionals who should be up for every game.

We have had so many games where it was basically must win. If we didn’t get max effort in those it says a lot. As you said, it’s about execution. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t think anyone inside that locker room really cares about this biased article.  They are focused and united on winning this game the same as they were before the hit piece came out that read a lot more like a jaded ex GF than it did as a real journalistic piece with important information.  

It was a character assassination on McD.  The players do care whats written about a coach and man to whom for many has become a father figure IMO. 

McD sure cared... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

I don’t think this is about the players showing their support for McDermott with their play.

I think this game is an opportunity for McDermott to prove his detractors wrong by making solid game management decisions, using timeouts and reviews wisely, and calling a defensive series that saves the game if it comes down to holding back Mahomes at the end. 

Any missteps in those areas causing the Bills to lose will only further fan the flames. 

My takeaway from the article, having read the first two parts, is that McDermott is not good under pressure and it carries over to the performance of “his” defense in particular. That aligns with what we have seen repeatedly this year and years previous. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

I think that this is a real possibility and to me it would indicate that they are supporting McDermott. I think that this just might be the biggest “us against the world” statement that the Bills have made in quite some time.

Go Bills!

If the Bills kicked half as much ass as they talk they wouldnt be in this mess. Room full of kitties and I expect them to fold like origami. Just like they have every time it's mattered all year.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

At this level it’s more about X’s and O’s.  They’re professionals who should be up for every game.

And luck: the way the ball bounces, tips are deflected.... bad ref decisions on critical plays, etc.  

But I'm sure a big win would be gratifying for McD and those who support him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Figster said:

It was a character assassination on McD.  The players do care whats written about a coach and man to whom for many has become a father figure IMO. 

McD sure cared... 

I mean they don’t care about it in a negative way, like it won’t affect how they feel about him.  If anything it will just make them rally harder 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think so.  I think they play the way they were going to play the same, article or not.  These guys want to win a championship.  Regardless of how I feel about an article and McD, there is one thing that I believe for sure.  When you are a head coach and around that many people, you are going to have people that love you and hate you.  Thats just human.  Not everyone on this team loves McD.  Not everyone on this team hates McD.  These guys will give full effort either way.

• Agree 1

Not to mention, motivations are odd at times with coaches. You actually play for your teammates more than a coach. I remember the team that always played the hardest in my life had the biggest SOB on earth as a coach. But even then, that coach understood a group united in hate is still united. I think he wanted it that way. Can’t treat these men like that but they play for each other and themselves more than anything 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.