Will the Bills’ players smash the Chiefs will that indicate how they feel about McDermott?

Tipster19

1 minute ago, Ronpee73 said:

Oh my. So they won so that means the players like and respect McDermott? But if Toney doesn't line up in the neutral zone and they lose it meant they didn't like him and wanted him Gone? Is that how some people think this really works?

No the effort shows they respect him. Even if it had gone against them that would still have been the case. That wasn't a team that has quit on its coach playing tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

No the effort shows they respect him. Even if it had gone against them that would still have been the case. That wasn't a team that has quit on its coach playing tonight.

I'm not sure. I would imagine the millions on that next contract, wanting to perform well and wanting to win give any player worth having reason to put in that effort regardless of feelings about a coach. 

Maybe I'm wrong and it does affect some guys. I don't think it should though.

• Disagree 1

22 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

And luck: the way the ball bounces, tips are deflected.... bad ref decisions on critical plays, etc.  

But I'm sure a big win would be gratifying for McD and those who support him.  

a win in KC is HUGE no matter what. I think it will be a more chipper  light hearted plane ride back to BFLO than if they had lost that is for sure

On to the next game. ALL wins are huge at this point. I pray they can keep it going.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Ronpee73 said:

I'm not sure. I would imagine the millions on that next contract, wanting to perform well and wanting to win give any player worth having reason to put in that effort regardless of feelings about a coach. 

Maybe I'm wrong and it does affect some guys. I don't think it should though.

Having played and coached semi pro sport that I was paid for I can say definitively that if you have lost faith in the coaching you don't consciously decide not to try, but your lack of faith shows up in your lack of hustle on the field. It is just human nature. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.