I think it's time to activate Fournette

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, AmishRifle said:

Is it even feasible to make Johnson inactive and activate Fournette from the practice squad?  What does the backside of that transaction look like when you want to make Johnson active again?  Asking because I really don’t know the roster rules and mechanics of doing this.

I don't know the rules either but the bottom line is that Fournette is likely just not as good as Ty Johnson right now.

Although Ty's shoulder may now have an unfortunate effect on that equation.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, AmishRifle said:

Is it even feasible to make Johnson inactive and activate Fournette from the practice squad?  What does the backside of that transaction look like when you want to make Johnson active again?  Asking because I really don’t know the roster rules and mechanics of doing this.

Yes there are always players inactive each week.  Those on 53 get paid regular salary whether they play or not.

Fournette would make more money for game being on active roster.

They did same thing last year for players like Smoke and Tanner Gentry and others.

1 hour ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

i thought he was going to be put on waivers by Buffalo. he hasn't played 1 snap since coming here

He’s on the PS anytime can sign him to their active roster. If TJ is a no go I suspect he’s brought up. He’s more similar to Murray so not sure how many snaps he gets. I for one think TJ has been a boost !!

• Agree 1

I don’t know the fascination with Fournette.  His play dropped off in recent times and I had more than enough opportunities down in Tampa.  He helped them the SB year, but when a RB loses his legs, they don’t come back.

Johnson has the speed we need, and compliments we’ll Cook.  Especially after watching what Cook can do.  If we need a banger play, you throw in Murray.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know the fascination with Fournette.  His play dropped off in recent times and I had more than enough opportunities down in Tampa.  He helped them the SB year, but when a RB loses his legs, they don’t come back.

Johnson has the speed we need, and compliments we’ll Cook.  Especially after watching what Cook can do.  If we need a banger play, you throw in Murray.

He had over 1000 scrimmage yards, over 70 catches, and 6 TDs last year.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes there are always players inactive each week.  Those on 53 get paid regular salary whether they play or not.

Fournette would make more money for game being on active roster.

They did same thing last year for players like Smoke and Tanner Gentry and others.

And the fact that we are talking this year about activating Leonard Fournette as opposed to Tanner Gentry is a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, mrags said:

I’ve got news for you. It is exactly why he’s not playing. So that useless scrubs can get beaten in the return game. 

My biggest issue with this coaching staff I think at this point. I know McD is going to make some dumb gameday calls. I know he will screw up some clock issues. I know he will mismanage timeouts, challanges, and the ability to find the right situational awareness when it matters. But for the life of me I cannot figure out why he continues to dress some of the players he does while he leaves others inactive or on the PS on gameday. Playoff Lenny has been aching to get in there. And I get that the RBs have generally been playing well, but you went out and picked this guy up for a reason. To not use him is a crime. 

Of course you can’t figure it out.

One person is at practices during the week, while the other is a keyboard coach/GM who has no clue how those players are doing during the week. Hope this explains why you can’t figure out what coach is thinking. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Ty Johnson is doing very well as a second rusher.  Ain't broke, don't fix it.

Johnson is banged up. Not broke. Because of that id consider Fornette this weekend simply because it is a short week, travel week, and we need Johnson for Miami and hopefully the playoffs. I don't think we need him as much this weekend as the last few weeks.

Keep him in Buffalo to recover. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Not a bad guy to have in case of an injury but I like who we’re rolling with right now

But Ty Johnson does look injured.  Can he play through it?  Probably.  But the odds then increase that Ty will just get more banged up as we go.  The RB core we had last week won't be of the same health in the playoffs if we keep rolling out semi-injured players.

This is when not having cratered depth makes a difference.  You can rest and heal Ty while putting in what we think to be a near replacement level player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know the fascination with Fournette.  

For me, it’s simply that i’m not all that impressed with Murray.

He is there to be the heavy, but, for example on Sunday, he gets stonewalled and needs the line to push him in. He also dropped that wide open pass in the KC game, and unlike Cook’s drop, it wasn’t raining.

And on a night where Cook and Johnson averaged over 6 yards per carry, Murray averaged his typical 2 yards.

Im just not impressed with him.

That being said, the coaching staff sees what Fournette is currently capable of in practice, so perhaps they are not impressed with him either. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Of course you can’t figure it out.

One person is at practices during the week, while the other is a keyboard coach/GM who has no clue how those players are doing during the week. Hope this explains why you can’t figure out what coach is thinking. 

Yeah I pretty much think you’re awesome too 

• Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.