Of all the joke calls in the league this year, this is the worst IMO.

Bubba Gump

5 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Absolutely agree. Hope that douche bag is banned from the sidelines. Philly fans are hailing him as a hero. 

Also, I wanted the Chiefs to lose, but that no-call PI at the end of the game was so damn blatant and obvious. Thank God the announcers and the retired ref didn't let it go and discussed how bad of a no call it really was

If we're going to discuss blatant and obvious officiating mistakes, how about the "personal foul" late hit on Mahomes who was running for the first down marker and contact by Jonathan Owens was clearly initiated prior to him reaching the marker in an attempt to prevent reaching it? 

Then the clock stoppage when the runner (I think that was the pass to MVS) went out of bounds backwards?

If those football moves are correctly officiated, maybe it's 3rd and 1 from the KC 39 and we never get to that no-call PI (which, IMobservation, is often a no-call)

My point is if people want to call out mistakes that change the course of the game, need to look at all the mistakes, or even just the mistakes on the final drive.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I also have another question....I am not or offended or any of that stuff but...

why do the eagles have nfl apparel with the Italian flag on them?  I have never seen that before?  When did the league allow this?

I mean I understand Sirianni's 87 IROC definitely has the italian flag on it but why does his official nfl apparel have that.

was this a one time thing or has he always worn that?

7 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Sorry i dont agree with your take at all. Football players cant just treat anyone how they want.

They arent better then anyone else.

I dont get your take at all. 

If you aren't on the field playing the game, you do NOT put your hands on a player.

I don't care if you're a coach, an injured player in civvies, security or the Queen of Sheba.

You do NOT put your hands on a player.

It's that simple.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If we're going to discuss blatant and obvious officiating mistakes, how about the "personal foul" late hit on Mahomes who was running for the first down marker and contact by Jonathan Owens was clearly initiated prior to him reaching the marker in an attempt to prevent reaching it? 

Then the clock stoppage when the runner (I think that was the pass to MVS) went out of bounds backwards?

If those football moves are correctly officiated, maybe it's 3rd and 1 from the KC 39 and we never get to that no-call PI (which, IMobservation, is often a no-call)

My point is if people want to call out mistakes that change the course of the game, need to look at all the mistakes, or even just the mistakes on the final drive.

I agree. That last series was a disaster for the officiating crew.  It will not be a good time during the review of their effort. 

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you aren't on the field playing the game, you do NOT put your hands on a player.

I don't care if you're a coach, an injured player in civvies, security or the Queen of Sheba.

It's that simple.

But @Simon, all respect for your personal experience but, don't we see all the time coaches putting their hands on players?  To stop them running into sideline equipment, to help them up, to keep them on the sideline, to separate them in a developing brawl, etc etc?

11 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Sorry i dont agree with your take at all. Football players cant just treat anyone how they want.

They arent better then anyone else.

I dont get your take at all. 

the guy has nothing to do with the game - he is a staff member of the team and put his hands on an interfered with the game. fat joe nobodies can't just interrupt the games because they are stupid.

4 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Not really.

how is this a not really?!? explain when it is ok for a person not playing the game to be interrupting or contacting a player in the game beyond an injured player being assisted or a player falling on the sideline and contact being made BY the player from a football aciton?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Absolutely agree. Hope that douche bag is banned from the sidelines. Philly fans are hailing him as a hero. 

Also, I wanted the Chiefs to lose, but that no-call PI at the end of the game was so damn blatant and obvious. Thank God the announcers and the retired ref didn't let it go and discussed how bad of a no call it really was

To a point I can let that one go as officials never want to throw a flag in the last few seconds of  game on PI and give the team a play from the 1 yard line.  Defenses kind of know that so will play a little rougher too.  I'm sure at some point KC defense took advantage of that too so again don't feel bad about it.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

But @Simon, all respect for your personal experience but, don't we see all the time coaches putting their hands on players?  To stop them running into sideline equipment, to help them up, to keep them on the sideline, to separate them in a developing brawl, etc etc?

I think you're being pedantic and know what I'm talking about.

Catching a guy so he doesn't run into a bench is not the same thing as putting your hands on an opposing player because he tackled somebody hard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I agree. That last series was a disaster for the officiating crew.  It will not be a good time during the review of their effort. 

Why would they care?  When is the last time you heard of am official getting fired or called out by the league.  They even fine players and coaches that dare to question the officiating.  NFL officiating is like a supreme court appointment.  You have the job until your retire or die and no amount of idiotic calls can get you fired.

*Even after you retire, your incompetent spawn can get a job as an official for some reason. (Hocchuli)

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

Catching a guy so he doesn't run into a bench is not the same thing as putting your hands on an opposing player because he tackled somebody hard.

I can see why it strikes you that way (see what I did? har har) but that wasn't my intent.

My point is that you can't lay it out that simply for non-players and inactives.  They're going to want to put their hands on an opposing player to keep him from further going after and potentially injuring "one of their own", or to help break up a fight etc.

No question that it shouldn't have happened and it crossed a line, I'm just saying I don't think you can boil it down as simply as "if you're not one of the active players dressed for the game, hands off".

It's simpler to just say "you don't mix it in and escalate, ever."

16 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not just that.  He was yelling at greenlaw like he was part of what was going on or something.  

The whole thing was ridiculous.  There is no grey area here.  Non players-staff have no place in involving themselves in the happenings of an NFL game.  

Its unbelievable that people are even acting like this is ok.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Why would they care?  When is the last time you heard of am official getting fired or called out by the league.  They even fine players and coaches that dare to question the officiating.  NFL officiating is like a supreme court appointment.  You have the job until your retire or die and no amount of idiotic calls can get you fired.

*Even after you retire, your incompetent spawn can get a job as an official for some reason. (Hocchuli)

You know that for a fact? Maybe the bottom graded officials are encouraged to move on(wink wink) without getting fired. 

Edited by LabattBlue

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I love the Bills, but man I hate the NFL. It's a real paradox. 

The NFL has turned into a pop-culture siht show.  The closer it gets to the Super Bowl the worse it gets.  

I don't even bother watching the Super Bowl anymore unless the matchup intrigues me, which is rare.  Same for the playoffs.

If the Bills weren't in the league I'd probably never watch a game.  

People are going to have different opinions on this, but IMO it's best days were the '80s and '70s.  

Edited by PBF81

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Both of them got kicked out. Both of them were wrong.

This is much ado about nothing.

You are missing the point?  SF lost a star defender and Philly lost a fat slob who has nothing to do with the game. You want that to be the precedent going forward?

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

They're going to want to put their hands on an opposing player to keep him from further going after and potentially injuring "one of their own", or to help break up a fight etc.

If you're part of the team, you can grab your own guys and pull them out of a fight.

But if you put hands on the other team, especially if you're not even a player or coach, you've crossed a hard line and deserve a pop in the chops and an ejection.

I've been a guest on sidelines before and not in a million years would I ever consider grabbing or shoving anybody in pads.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Both of them got kicked out. Both of them were wrong.

This is much ado about nothing.

I didn't think Greenlaw deserved the original PF for taking a guy down who was clearly fighting for yardage.

And he certainly did not deserve the ejection.

In fact, if he had actually punched that guy square in the face I wouldn't have even dropped a flag on him.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you're part of the team, you can grab your own guys and pull them out of a fight.

But if you put hands on the other team, especially if you're not even a player or coach, you've crossed a hard line and deserve a pop in the chops and an ejection.

I've been a guest on sidelines before and not in a million years would I ever consider grabbing or shoving anybody in pads.

Like I said up front, I appreciate your POV as a guy who plays, and I'm 100% on board with "if you're not a player or a coach". 

But what drew me out to respond was you saying "I don't care if you're a coach, an injured player in civvies..."

Pretty sure I've seen coaches and injured players in civvies putting their hands on opposing players to block them off of their own players and try to break up a fight.  Not sure that's undesireable, nor universally frowned upon.

Edited by Beck Water

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You are missing the point?  SF lost a star defender and Philly lost a fat slob who has nothing to do with the game. You want that to be the precedent going forward?

Yes. Don't be an idiot and you won't get kicked out of games. That's the precedent.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Yes. Don't be an idiot and you won't get kicked out of games. That's the precedent.

So you want anybody on the sidelines to be able to grab and shove opposing players any time they want and the players can't do anything about it?

Ridiculous.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Teams need to start having water boys pick fights. Brilliant strategy actually.

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? First you’re angry at the 40k piss  ant  for getting involved and getting a star player ejected now Goodell is awful because he will remove him?? 

No clue what you're trying to say. Please stay on the Pats message boards where they understand drivel.  

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

That call they got 100% right. Intentional or not, Greenlaw hit a person who isn’t even a player in the face-yes he barely touched him, but still hit him. He has to be able to control himself better when he was the one who initiated everything in the first place with his duplex of Smith. The security guard had no business getting involved so his ejection was correct too. 

As far as you not watching-yes you will, you won’t stop watching. You’re on a Buffalo Bills message board creating a thread about a game the Bills aren’t even involved with-you’re not going anywhere 

Thanks for telling me my future plans. I was not aware. I guess I'll somehow try to buy back the Dallas tickets I just sold to my cousin.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

It's that simple.

Was it Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin with the trip-a-rooni years back

Can't remember, old.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

for the simple principle and making a statement about this. if tomlin was suspended from a game for unintentionally blocking a players path then this guy intentionally involving himself in a game needs to be more severe.

the eagles should save face and suspend him themselves.

coincidently i was hanging christmas lights during the game and nfl radio had been broadcasting the eagles broadcasters this series. they were overjoyed that they had a security guy standing up for "his" players and preachign that this guy just earned more respect from the team. that everyone in phili knows who he is and loves him - that's incredible. why do they know the security guy?!?!

of course, later they had the niners radio guys on and they kept calling the eagles "the cockroaches."

agreed and this is why it quietly needs to be addressed by the team before it gets worse. of course, philidelphia has no class. they'll do nothing.

i hope the nfl comes down hard on this.

they may well take action regarding this guy.

On the same token Do you think having one of the NFL darling teams get jobbed by a non PI call will force them to rethink and review officiating and how to make it less error prone. Or a way to "fix" egregious calls both called AND uncalled?

a day of reckoning? On the first likely on the second  I won't hold my breath.

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Was it Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin with the trip-a-rooni years back

Can't remember, old.

That was Tomlin.

He shouldn't have done it, but I still had a good laugh about how he went about it.

Oh I was just looking at the screen.......whoops!

Player shoving matches are common and almost never go any further. Players, refs and coaches routinely break them up.

Hoss there must of flash backed to his Ponderosa days and thought Little Joe was getting whooped.

His actions will bring about more NFL oversight. He was in the wrong.

25 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

No clue what you're trying to say. Please stay on the Pats message boards where they understand drivel.  

Thanks for telling me my future plans. I was not aware. I guess I'll somehow try to buy back the Dallas tickets I just sold to my cousin.

Hey man you do what you gotta do-I assume this means goodbye then, because if you aren’t watching any games any more there’s no need for you to post on here. Have a great life!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

the entire last series of the game was the worst called event i have seen in a week.

Totally agree. At a time when the NFL is under intense criticism for the officiating, it was insane how that entire last drive, with the game on the line, was just one long session of “look at how indescribably terrible our refs are.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Hey man you do what you gotta do-I assume this means goodbye then, because if you aren’t watching any games any more there’s no need for you to post on here. Have a great life!!

OK guy. I'm going to post more now, just to annoy you. And maybe I'll tag you in every one. Ya Digg???

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Man, I completely disagree with most in this thread.  The SF player threw a punch at an Eagles official.  The fact that the punch didn't land is irrelevant.  They were right to disqualify him.  

It was not a punch. His finger clearly extended. Fwiw

23 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

NFL trying to push the Eagles so bad, they must have all these license deals on standby they can’t wait to cash in on. 

Kelce vs Swift Super Bowl!

46 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Man, I completely disagree with most in this thread.  The SF player threw a punch at an Eagles official.  The fact that the punch didn't land is irrelevant.  They were right to disqualify him.  

You do know that the Eagles staffer put his hands on Greenlaw first, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.