AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

56 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

In a game with small margins with closely matched teams it is absurd to think a play here or there that goes you way one week but against you the next week couldn't tilt the outcome one way or the other.

Or a refs call/non-calls in a crucial situation sometimes due to interpretation differences between crews.

In my opinion, we are not a closely matched team to Miami. I believe they are frauds.

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

They are getting healthier....I would not under estimate them.  

Understood and agreed.

However, we beat them by 20+ points when they were fully healthy. 

And I just don’t think they are a great team. They are 1-7 against winning teams over the last season and a half.

Ill be embarrassed if we lose to them.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Understood and agreed.

And I just don’t think they are a great team. They are 1-7 against winning teams over the last season and a half.

Embarrassed? Disappointed sure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep, embarrassed.

We would be only the 2nd team with a winning record to lose to Miami in 15 months.

Ok got your point. I think the consensus is that Miami is a good team. You disagree that’s fine. I think they will be a tough out in the playoffs particularly at home. I would be disappointed if they beat the Bills. I think the Bills will win.

But they are solid in all three categories. The Cowboys game I thought was a big win for them. The fumble on the 1 by the Boys was helpful. Your vision of the Phins is they aren’t good. We very likely will have to sweep them in a home and home for that to be true. So as a Bills fan I would be happy if you are right! 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Only if you think we are not beating Miami.

Which is a terrible mindset in my opinion.

Actually the Bengals W over KC is huge. If they win out this moves the Bills to the #2 seed. 

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Understood and agreed.

I agree with all that you’ve said this thread but Miami didn’t have Ramsey.  He’s been a huge difference maker for them.  I do think he’s overrated….but he’s much better than Kohou.  I also think the Miami defensive players are becoming more comfortable with Fangios scheme and Fangio is finding his groove.  Their D is much better than it was when we played them.  Losing Phillips is a big blow for sure, but Van Ginkel is a great replacement.  

Meanwhile we won’t have Daquan’s and Milano, who both had great games in week 4.  

I think we’re the better team but I’m worried that their D is going to give our offense fits.  They stop the run and they get lots of sacks.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I think the consensus is that Miami is a good team.

I'm part of that consensus, in general. Both Miami and Dallas are good teams. I think neither are top tier contenders, they're above average and good enough to beat average to below average teams.

I believe the Bills are capable of competing in the top tier, even if they made some critical errors in LA.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/23/2023 at 4:41 PM, QCity said:

The Bills enter this weekend with a 57% chance of making the playoffs.

They still have a 60% chance of making the playoffs if they lose 1 game.

Winning out gives them an 80% chance of hosting a playoff game.

1fLlRoA.jpg

A Pittsburg win increases their odds 5.7%

A Cleveland win increases their odds 4.4%

An Atlanta win increases their odds 4.3%

A Tampa win increases their odds 3.9%

So much misinformation going around. Even up to last weekend so many posters here were still falsely claiming the Bills needed to win out to get in. 

This was a incredibly fortunate weekend with the top 4 games we needed all falling our way. The Bills now officially control their playoff chances.

The Bills now have a 91% overall chance of making the playoffs.

They have a 95% chance of making the playoffs even if they lose 1 game.

Home field advantage is the only stat that took a hit, as winning out now only gives them an 63% chance of hosting a playoff game.

MKwcBhf.jpg

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree with all that you’ve said this thread but Miami didn’t have Ramsey.  He’s been a huge difference maker for them.  I do think he’s overrated….but he’s much better than Kohou.  I also think the Miami defensive players are becoming more comfortable with Fangios scheme and Fangio is finding his groove.  Their D is much better than it was when we played them.  Losing Phillips is a big blow for sure, but Van Ginkel is a great replacement.  

You make several good points, but I can’t help but think about how that Miami defense gave up 22 points to Dallas (and should have been 29 points if not for a goal-line fumble). Our defense, minus Daquan, Milano, Epenesa, Hyde and White, gave up 10.

Meanwhile we won’t have Daquan’s and Milano, who both had great games in week 4.  

I’m hoping we have Daquan back by the Miami game.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, QCity said:

So much misinformation going around. Even up to last weekend so many posters here were still falsely claiming the Bills needed to win out to get in. 

This was a incredibly fortunate weekend with the top 4 games we needed all falling our way. The Bills now officially control their playoff chances.

The Bills now have a 91% overall chance of making the playoffs.

They have a 95% chance of making the playoffs even if they lose 1 game.

Home field advantage is the only stat that took a hit, as winning out now only gives them an 63% chance of hosting a playoff game.

MKwcBhf.jpg

I'm not sure they get by NE. They are going to be up to ruin the bills year and have the defense to do just that.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

I'm not sure they get by NE. They are going to be up to ruin the bills year and have the defense to do just that.

Bills played uninspired vs Chargers. Don’t see that happening at home vs Pats with the ability to clinch a spot. They will come out ready to go. 

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You make several good points, but I can’t help but think about how that Miami defense gave up 22 points to Dallas (and should have been 29 points if not for a goal-line fumble). Our defense, minus Daquan, Milano, Epenesa, Hyde and White, gave up 10.

I’m hoping we have Daquan back by the Miami game.

I hear ya.  Personally,  I just don’t like comparing week to week performances like that.  Our D gave up 29 and a gw drive to Macnchz.  Their high total for the season.  

• Like (+1) 1

KC trying to blow it v Oakland. They spotted them 17 points!

After a punt, on first down, KC fumbled and Oakland returned for a TD.  Oakland then kicked a touchback and on the next play Mahomes intercepted for a TD lol.

Gave them 14 points on back to back plays haha.

Then KC drives down the field, and with only 5 seconds in the half KC missed a FG from the 18!!! 

Edited by peterpan

• Donuts and Doritos changed the title to AFC Standings, Schedules & Rooting Interests UPDATED 12/25 Post Chiefs LossBILLS #6 Seed!
  • Donuts and Doritos changed the title to AFC Standings, Schedules & Rooting Interests UPDATED 12/25 Post Chiefs Loss BILLS #6 Seed!
10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I want us to bring it week 18 but I'd rather have a playoff berth in hand before 

The division will be on the line week 18 if the Ravens beat the Fins and we take care of the Pats along with the #2 seed. Can't see a way they wouldn't being it against their most hated rival with those stakes.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I want us to bring it week 18 but I'd rather have a playoff berth in hand before 

Agreed.  Best case scenario is: Week 17 - BUF beats NE, BAL beats MIA, KC beats CIN and SEA beats PIT.  With that, Buffalo goes into Miami already with a playoff berth locked in, and the chance to play MIA for the AFC East and #2 seed.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, gobills404 said:

My bad.

“A team cannot lose to a team and then beat them the next week. It is not possible.”

Is that better?

Oilers beat Bills December 27, 1992  at Houston Oilers 27–3 and following week then faced the Bills in playoffs without Kelly and Bills beat them.

At the time the greatest Comeback ever in NFL.

Clearly not a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Oilers beat Bills December 27, 1992  at Houston Oilers 27–3 and following week then faced the Bills in playoffs without Kelly and Bills beat them.

At the time the greatest Comeback ever in NFL.

Clearly not a Bills fan.

They kicked the Bills @ss for 6 quarters straight, outscoring them 62-6 over that time.

They thought the job was done. The Bills didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I can see it with Jake Browning.

Jake Browning had his Mike White like run before DCs had any game film...Steelers exposed him, that will likely continue. He simply is too limited.

If they win it likely won't be because of him.

Edited by Big Turk

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I would love this, especially if the phins beat the Ravens, we could rest players and get ready for the playoffs. Unless we can win division that last game does not mean much to me if we have playoff spot locked.

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Funny ass comment to reply to that on Twitter. Do some research. Bills are 99% likely to make it. If we win this weekend and lose to Miami, after Pittsburgh goes 2-0 (likely) then just a few things happen which are likely... We are out. 

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I’m pretty sure this is not accurate. A few other games would have to have certain outcomes for this to be realistic. As far as I know. 

We can still get in at 10-7 with the Steelers, as long as Bengals are not 10-7, and only one of Jags, Colts and Texans are 10-7, I believe.  Aka two of those last three each have to lose/tie one more, which will happen for at least Colts or Texans, since they play each other.

12 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

A bad Pittsburgh team who lost at home to both the cardinals and patriots at home are probably not going to Seattle and beating a Seahawks team fighting for their playoff lives. Just not likely to happen. 

Rudolph going up against Woolen, Adams, and Witherspoon (if healthy). Good luck. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.