Which WR prospect will the Bengals screw us out of?

DrDawkinstein

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

He is always hurt in Cincinnati and tends to drop of lot of balls. Just not against the Bills.

True, but still ended up way better than I ever expected. I was sure he would bust. Maybe that's due to his current team and we'll see a significant drop off when he takes a truckload of money from a worse team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

No. Like Elam. Epenesa. Teller. McCloud. Jones. Ford. Moss. Hodgins. Hell, it took Cook, Bernard, and Shakir a full year to be used regularly  

Elam was rotating with the later round pick who beat him for the job at CB2 his 1st season and is starting this season. Epenesa was in the rotation and has been in the rotation as his performance has fluctuated over the seasons. Pretty sure Ford ended up starting until he lost the job, Moss was RB2. Overall this was a terrible take.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think our 1st pick will be CB.

I also think the fans have a much larger demand for RT than our FO. The OL is playing the best we've seen in years, maybe decades. No need to spend a 1st there when we have bigger holes elsewhere.

I could see New England, Arizona, Green Bay, Jets, and Broncos all possibly taking a WR if their guy is there, so agree Odunze isnt falling to us either. So who we got?

Troy Franklin would be a perfect fit.  Good chance he’ll be available when we pick. Can’t wait to see him and Odunze go at it in the PAC 12 champ game on Friday.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Honestly, I've never seen WR2 as big a need as most of this board. Especially with the emergence of Kincaid and Shakir. And Defense will obviously be where all the holes and needs are.

But with Diggs aging out and likely wrapping up his career in a couple years, it would be nice to have his replacement already on the team.

I don't disagree.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Considering CB is a premium position and our Secondary will be wiped out, it's likely. I dont think it's so Billsy tho. It's the modern passing NFL.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but if an athletic, game-changing safety is there, it's something I'd consider. They are really hurting at that position, and the best safeties these days can make a big difference. Ideally, though, I'd prefer to get a safety in round 2 or 3 as long as the player projects to being good. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

The Bills have lots of draft needs and I have no idea how the board will fall.  If they do decide to go WR in the first round, I would love Coleman.  I'm not a Michigan State or Florida State fan, but every time I've seen Coleman play (he started at MSU and transferred to FSU) he's been dominant and clutch.  He's a beast.  He'd look great in at Bills uniform.  If the Bills wait until the mid rounds, I like Roman Wilson of Michigan.  He's got decent size, great speed, has shown great hands this season (the replay catch on Saturday notwithstanding) and he comes through in the clutch.  I have a Michigan bias, but it's the team I watch week in and week out, so I get to see their guys play a lot.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Roman-Wilson-WR-Michigan

for those who haven't seen this highlight, check out this catch:  

As a Michigan fan, I am skeptical of Roman Wilson's potential as a pro player. 

He has some speed and looks like he has good hands. He's on the short side, and I don't know how good of a route runner he is.

Definitely a mid round pick. I don't think he's an immediate contributor, but I wouldn't discount him if the Bills drafted him.

34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Elam was rotating with the later round pick who beat him for the job at CB2 his 1st season and is starting this season. Epenesa was in the rotation and has been in the rotation as his performance has fluctuated over the seasons. Pretty sure Ford ended up starting until he lost the job, Moss was RB2. Overall this was a terrible take.

As is tradition with this poster. 

47 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I can't believe I'm writing this, but if an athletic, game-changing safety is there, it's something I'd consider. They are really hurting at that position, and the best safeties these days can make a big difference. Ideally, though, I'd prefer to get a safety in round 2 or 3 as long as the player projects to being good. 

The worst part is, we really need TWO. So might be one in the 1st and one in the 5th. 😳

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

good point; I can see the Pats* going Marvin Harrison Jr in Round 1, and then the best QB prospect remaining with their 2nd pick.

Agree. Can’t see the Pats not being top 3, let alone top 5. Their only hope is if Chicago decide to draft a QB and teams scramble for the next guy available and have Harrison Jr. be there. I think he goes in the first 5 pics, that’s without question. Let’s just hope they don’t find a QB to get him the ball on top of that…

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Honestly, I've never seen WR2 as big a need as most of this board. Especially with the emergence of Kincaid and Shakir. And Defense will obviously be where all the holes and needs are.

But with Diggs aging out and likely wrapping up his career in a couple years, it would be nice to have his replacement already on the team.

Every pass I see Shakir catch is against his body including the long score against the Jets.  I wouldn't count on him as a candidate to be the Z receiver. 

Kincaid is being used on underneath throws, but is better suited for downfield.  If they elect to use him that way.

They've been addressing WR with lower-value options and it shows over the years with 1 year UFA deals and mid to low round draft picks.  

Buffalo hasn't used a 1st or 2nd on a WR since Zay Jones...when the entire league is taking them high.  Shakir and Kincaid shouldn't change that they need higher talent there.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

WR is a massive need. Good chance or hopefully Davis isn’t back, we don’t have a clear #3 either and Diggs is old. If Diggs goes down so does our season. 

Thats not good enough.

WR is a massive need and thankfully it’s a great WR draft.

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think our 1st pick will be CB.

I also think the fans have a much larger demand for RT than our FO. The OL is playing the best we've seen in years, maybe decades. No need to spend a 1st there when we have bigger holes elsewhere.

I could see New England, Arizona, Green Bay, Jets, and Broncos all possibly taking a WR if their guy is there, so agree Odunze isnt falling to us either. So who we got?

If there's a great center available I think the Bills grab him.  Morse is playing well but won't be around forever.  I'm not hearing moans about Spencer Brown this year which means he's probably got it figured out.

12 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If there's a great center available I think the Bills grab him.  Morse is playing well but won't be around forever.  I'm not hearing moans about Spencer Brown this year which means he's probably got it figured out.

Agreed on Morse, but it's been that way for a while and the last 2 drafts were way better stocked at Center, I dont think there is a great one in this draft. None that will go in the 1st, and likely none in the 2nd.

We had good opportunity the last two drafts to grab Morse's future replacement, even if we stashed them at OG in the meantime.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.