Which WR prospect will the Bengals screw us out of?

DrDawkinstein

The draft is fluid up to that day.   Depending on where the Bills finish, a top 10 WR is a possibility.  If there is not one available, CB or DE.  They will need to draft:  WR, CB, S, DE and DT.   The offense is set except WR2 and C.  The defense is in need of youth.   Low level FAs will help too. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, alluro said:

Odunze is my pipe dream for the next draft. I'd also like to see them send a late rounder to Baltimore for Rashod Bateman who seems to have been forgotten in their offense. 

Make sure to watch the PAC 12 championship game on Friday.  You'll get to see Odunze, as well as Troy Franklin from Oregon, who I think would be a great fit for us.  He's got plenty of size, good hands, blazing speed and huge YAC ability.  I don't know why he's not being talked about as a top-20 pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/28/2023 at 10:33 AM, BlazinBill said:

Don't we have like 75 picks this year?

Not sure if you have an answer yet, but it looks like we have nine picks after the Rasul Douglas trade, plus probably a 3rd-round comp pick for losing Edmunds:

First round: Own

Second round: Own

[Hoping a third-round comp pick]

Fourth round: Own

Fifth round: From Green Bay

Fifth round: Own

Sixth round: Own

Sixth round: From Los Angeles Rams, or from Denver via Rams

Sixth round: From Houston, or from Dallas via Houston

Seventh round: Own 

Also, anyone know what this means:

"Sixth round: From Houston, or from Dallas via Houston" ??

On 11/28/2023 at 9:42 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

The Bills need to draft a WR.

The Bengals are about to lose Tee Higgins, and once again find themselves without Burrow and likely with another Top 10 pick.

As of today, the Bills are at #17 and the Bengals #12. I expect the Bills to end up around #15 and Bengals around #10.

Neither team will have a chance at Marvin Harrison Jr. He'll be a top 5 pick, hopefully not to New England. I imagine Odunze will be off the board before either of us pick as well. Although Odunze is close to a Higgins clone and Bengals might end up pretty high if they likely lose out.

Tampa Bay should screw us out of a WR too, again. In 2014, they took Mike Evans. Had we stayed put, they might have drafted Sammy Watkins, and we could have had Evans. I know...it's all hindsight and speculation. But many current mocks have Tampa Bay taking a WR too, and Odunze's name comes up a lot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 2:18 PM, Nitro said:

The draft is fluid up to that day.   Depending on where the Bills finish, a top 10 WR is a possibility.  If there is not one available, CB or DE.  They will need to draft:  WR, CB, S, DE and DT.   The offense is set except WR2 and C.  The defense is in need of youth.   Low level FAs will help too. 

RT to me is still a need 

1 minute ago, DJB said:

RT to me is still a need 

I genuinely do not understand this. 

We have a Top 5 OL this year and Spencer Brown is an average to above average RT game to game … and still has upside to grow into. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I genuinely do not understand this. 

We have a Top 5 OL this year and Spencer Brown is an average to above average RT game to game … and still has upside to grow into. 

Hes been carried by the rest of the line and specifically Torrence. Hes also had help from chips by the RB, and TE’s.

We need an upgrade 

15 minutes ago, DJB said:

Hes been carried by the rest of the line and specifically Torrence. Hes also had help from chips by the RB, and TE’s.

We need an upgrade 

We “want” an upgrade, maybe. 

Im sorry … top 5 OL doesn’t equate to need, especially when we “need” a WR2 and potentially a C, depending on what we do with Morse/Bates.   

Nevermind the fact we may have to fill holes on defense with rookies. 

If an elite RT drops due to everyone going QB and WR before us, then I’m not opposed … I’m never opposed to OL.  But it seems now, more than ever, drafting Tackles early is quite the roll of the dice.  

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, balln said:

Absolute NEEDS are debatable. de , DT, s , c , R ot , and wr2.

BUT I think if you’re being honest - if the bills are to rebuild and stay high level competitive. It’s WR2. All day. It’s a must. 

If we get lucky and get out of the VM contract we can hopefully get Floyd and AJE for that money with some extra savings. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I watched Odunze in the game yesterday and wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. He played well overall, but wasn't the best Washington WR in this game.

He relies on his physical attributes & strong hands to out-position DBs for the ball, not really a route-running technician. He somewhat reminds me of Quentin Johnson at TCU last year, who was dominant in college but considered somewhat raw coming into the NFL. Those type of WRs usually aren't immediate contributors, and take time.

On 11/28/2023 at 9:49 AM, Dablitzkrieg said:

The Bills will do Billsy things and draft  CB or S .  We have a clueless regime

I'm kind of surprised at how many people have agreed with this post. It really speaks to how short fans' memories tend to be. Does anyone remember the regime this current regime replaced? Or the decade, and a half of regimes that came before that? 

Be that as it may, out of the eleven starters on our current offense, seven of them were drafted. That's not a bad (or clueless) record.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.