Do you wonder if the league is fixed?

The Red King

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Well, it certainly turned out in a way that makes the NFL happy.

You don't even know how many turns there are. Lot of turns in a game with half bets, quarter bets, live bets, totals...players stats.. no matter, they put it in everyone's face that that particular turnover didn't happen when we all saw it did. So shrug it off and pretend. 

A night of missed tackles Joe Buck says 😂 Philly isnt even trying and its always the same techniques, flaling arms, single arm attemps and defenders colliding.. then Aikman almost always has a quick comment on the replay. This time it was "I don't know what that was" .. it's how superior teams lose to inferior teams and it comes out in the wash to everyone as the back and forth nature of the NFL, or Any given Sunday. 

14 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

my goodness thats a lot of pick 6, used to be a rare event.

No its not.

The previous pick six single season leaders were from years ago.

LOL

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-pick-sixes-in-one-season

9 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

A night of missed tackles Joe Buck says 😂 Philly isnt even trying and its always the same techniques, flaling arms, single arm attemps and defenders colliding.. then Aikman almost always has a quick comment on the replay. This time it was "I don't know what that was" .. it's how superior teams lose to inferior teams and it comes out in the wash to everyone as the back and forth nature of the NFL, or Any given Sunday. 

Anyone who believes the league is fixed and rigged but then spends time on a message board for that league and then critique the players is an idiot.

I mean, do people like this critique the players on Friday Night Lights?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm carefully monitoring any controversial calls that go in the Bills favor. The NFL would love a feel good small market story. Another factor is the new Billion dollar boondoggle with no retractable roof out in snowbelt country. That thing is gonna need to be filled for a long time. Playoff droughts will be a financial disaster for them.

Edited by JohninMinn.

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No its not.

LOL

Anyone who believes the league is fixed and rigged but then spends time on a message board for that league and then critique the players is an idiot.

Movies aren't real either, do you ever watch them?  Heck 65 percent of the people participating in the Iowa caucuses don't believe Biden won the election in 2020. The NFL is time well spent for me. The keys that tip which side to be on has yet to change. I just wouldn't bet anything live based on what I see during the game. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No its not.

LOL

And players matter. You won't see a talent like Allen insurrected then resurrected. There are talents in the league that are helped along. Mayfield is a good example. Purdy is a fine story. It all glares through when they'll fall. 

Tricksters jilters play their game
Sleight-of-handers, all the same
Masquerader in his lair
Wants to tangle in your hair

Source:  it's all a beautiful suspenseful puzzle.

Edited by 1onemangang7

21 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Movies aren't real either, do you ever watch them? 

Yes I do watch movies.  But you know what movies aren’t?  A live sport or competition where is a winner and loser.  

When you watch a sports movie, do you critique the player?  Did you know these actors rehearse?  When did the Bills and Steelers rehearse this game?

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes I do watch movies.  But you know what movies aren’t?  A live sport or competition where is a winner and loser.  

When you watch a sports movie, do you critique the player?  Did you know these actors rehearse?  When did the Bills and Steelers rehearse this game?

You're a little lost like coming into the middle of a movie and asking questions. Don't be that guy. Start from the first post of the thread and read them all and i'm sure you'll have your answer.

Edited by 1onemangang7

I don't think the officiating has gotten worse.  We just have social media where everything is highlighted a million times more.

It's human error, it happens.  There are blunders in every job but like in every job, some blunders are enough to remove you.

26 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

You're a little lost like coming into the middle of a movie and asking questions. Don't be that guy. Start from the first post of the thread and read them all and i'm sure you'll have your answer.

A game with a million variables is fixed because a few missed calls lol.

Since I am kind.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/variable

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think the officiating has gotten worse.  We just have social media where everything is highlighted a million times more.

It's human error, it happens.  There are blunders in every job but like in every job, some blunders are enough to remove you.

A game with a million variables is fixed because a few missed calls lol.

Since I am kind.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/variable

No bro. What you're doing is trying to be handed answers. You're not cut out for this. Stay in other threads where youre safe and you don't doubt yourself. Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see. What you don't know can't hurt ya.

Edited by 1onemangang7

On 11/26/2023 at 11:27 PM, The Red King said:

(Please don't merge this with the thread complaining about the Bills/Eagles officiating.  This is different, with wider scope, and not limited to the Bills.)

There have always been suspicions that the NFL is fixed, but this year seems almost blatent.  There have been a ton, a ton of badly officiated games this season, and not just involving the Bills.  The NFL is in bed with Vegas and the gambling apps, that much is fact.

So, my question is, what do you believe?  I don't believe the league is outright scripted.  But I do believe they have preferences, and are not afraid to unleash the officials to get the outcomes they want, based on trends.

I hate to be that guy.  I hate to think about conspiracy theories.  But the officiating all around the league has been laughably bad/questionable the whole season.

Fixed is relative. Bias is real. Officiating is laughable. You may as well be shooting dice in Vegas, oh wait Vegas is an official partner of the NFL. 

3 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

The NFL would love a feel good small market story

Bad for the NFL: Cowboys, Eagles out.

Good for the NFL: Lions, Bills, Packers still in.

Good for the NFL: Mahomes vs. Allen. Again.

People can find a reason for why it is "fixed" regardless of who wins. The NFL wants viewers and attention. They're getting it regardless of who wins what game.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:21 AM, JohninMinn. said:

I'm carefully monitoring any controversial calls that go in the Bills favor. The NFL would love a feel good small market story. Another factor is the new Billion dollar boondoggle with no retractable roof out in snowbelt country. That thing is gonna need to be filled for a long time. Playoff droughts will be a financial disaster for them.

More, or less than they would love the coverage of Taylor Swift during superbowl week and the game itself?

Every time they cut the camera to Taylor freaking Swift during the game, it made me sick....obvious that they wanted that storyline to continue, and want the Bills, and next week the Lions, to remain lovable losers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

so the bills are doing everything right up the 2 min warning to kill the clock and win the game.

goto commercial at 2 min warning.

the next 2 plays could've ONLY been worse if he got sacked/fumbled or threw a pick, only 2 worse plays.

1:50 to go and now we throwing balls into the turf back to back

i watched the 2 plays for an hour straight and that looked like adam sandler.

there's no good reason to throw the ball there and then to miss not 1 (diggs) but 2 more wide open receivers and throw it into the turf.

high school coaches and qb's don't make those stupid plays, if they were doing dumb stuff all game sure, but to change course after a commercial break is WWE.

if you're not on the WWE bus then coaches get fired right?  explain JA17... he didn't get hit and has done superior plays, possibly the worse 3 plays since 13 seconds.

Edited by BillsfaninCT
  • Like (+1) 2

Was at the game and sonnet see what happened on the PI well enough.  Garbage throwing the flag as long after the play as they did.

Missed a ton of holding calls, especially the one on mahomes long run.

May not be fixed, but dang, why do other teams get fliers on penalties on big plays and we don’t??

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 8:16 AM, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

This is clearly magnets. That's the only way the ball can move like this.

The Westwood One call. After Harlan quit dude says it violently hooked right like a slice in golf. Now I've seen crazy turns and spinning footballs die mid air and flutter to the ground like a wounded duck.

Of course it’s rigged. Who the hell outside of buffalo and detriot would watch that superbowl? You got the shiftiest and the niners. Which game will draw the biggest audience?

At the end of the day the nfl is in business to make money. It’s 
 called entertainment for a reason, just like fake wrestling. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Of course it’s rigged. Who the hell outside of buffalo and detriot would watch that superbowl? You got the shiftiest and the niners. Which game will draw the biggest audience?

Sore losers always cry foul.   A Bills-Lions Super Bowl would be one of the best storylines in this century and would draw plenty of viewers, probably more than KC-San Fran.  If the NFL fixed the results why have teams like Dallas, Miami and the NY Jets been absent from the Super Bowl in the last three decades?

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Sore losers always cry foul.   A Bills-Lions Super Bowl would be one of the best storylines in this century and would draw plenty of viewers, probably more than KC-San Fran.  If the NFL fixed the results why have teams like Dallas, Miami and the NY Jets been absent from the Super Bowl in the last three decades?

I am not ready to call the NFL completely fixed, but to eliminate the possibility of some fixed games is quite shortsighted imo.

Bills/Lions IS a nice storyline.....if you are a Bills or Lions Fan. Taylor Swift (and I never heard one of her songs mind you) is probably as or more popular than the Beatles were. One of my daughters is flying to Scotland to see her. Only she and her husband are going but she had to buy 4 tickets. She is getting offered more for the other 2 than she paid for all 4.

Then, you have Kelce pimping for Pfizer. I can only imagine what they are paying him. Do you think that Pfizer wanted the Bills/Lions SB for the storyline, or would they rather sell there vaccines to everyone, especially the millions of new arrivals?

Look, I have no way of knowing that any game is fixed but seriously, it is quite possible that it sometimes does happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Who's to say if there was a deal. I've heard Dolphin fans say Shulas reward was an undefeated season for the Namath led Jets win over the Colts. Bubba Smith sounds like he could be talking about Lamar fast forwarded. 

• Shocked 1

No chance except possible on a ref by ref basis and that would involve criminal behaviour. We're it truly fixed someone would have been busted by now. To purposely taint the game would ruin it and the billions it legitimately generates.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think that fully fixing the league would just be too difficult. Far too many moving pieces. It's not realistic.

Also, for the league to be fully fixed, all the players would have to be in on it, and what do you think the odds are that that many human beings could keep a secret like that?

It's just totally, beyond-the-pail, through the looking glass, ridiculous. There's no way.

Now...Do I think that it's possible that the NFL emphasizes or de-emphasizes certain officiating points before key games, particularly in the playoffs, in the name of aiding/encouraging certain more "desirable" teams to win and advance? Yes, I think that's possible. The NFL is first and foremost a business, and if having the Chiefs (and the Taylor Swift show) in the Super Bowl equals X amount more dollars in revenue than having the Ravens would, then I absolutely think it's feasible that the NFL would lean on officials to call a game a certain way to help ensure that outcome. And it could be done in a pretty subtle way, too. Not like "make calls that hurt the Ravens!", but more like "be extremely lenient on defensive holding and pass interference calls" (since the Chiefs have a grabby, physical secondary and the Ravens have a speedy/finesse WR group).

Fixed? No. Influenced/swayed/finger on the scale at key moments? Very possible, in my mind.

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Westside said:

My whole life has been a lie 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.