Can we have a conversation about Diggs?

HappyDays

I will probably get flamed for this thread, but here goes - can we have a real conversation about Diggs' drop off this year? He has not been his usual special self since the London game. He's dropped a bunch of passes recently and now has two INTs on the year that were ripped out of his hands. I miss the days when Diggs was putting CBs like Marshon Lattimore and Jalen Ramsey on skates. This year he is getting locked down pretty easily by true #1 CBs.

I mean just to be clear Diggs is far from our biggest problem on offense, but when the ancillary weapons are so below average you really need your #1 guy to be at the top of the elite tier and Diggs just hasn't been that guy this year. I worry that he is reaching that age where WRs start to hit a wall, and once it starts it can get bad fast.

Flame away.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Imo it's only really been the last 2 games.

Yeah it's something I've been thinking about since the London game, but the last two weeks in particular are what led me to create this thread. I just don't see anybody talking about it which is weird. From 2020 to 2022 I was confident saying he was a top 5 WR in football. This year it feels a little off.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I will probably get flamed for this thread, but here goes - can we have a real conversation about Diggs' drop off this year? He has not been his usual special self since the London game. He's dropped a bunch of passes recently and now has two INTs on the year that were ripped out of his hands. I miss the days when Diggs was putting CBs like Marshon Lattimore and Jalen Ramsey on skates. This year he is getting locked down pretty easily by true #1 CBs.

I mean just to be clear Diggs is far from our biggest problem on offense, but when the ancillary weapons are so below average you really need your #1 guy to be at the top of the elite tier and Diggs just hasn't been that guy this year. I worry that he is reaching that age where WRs start to hit a wall, and once it starts it can get bad fast.

Flame away.

He looked fine to me. Is it wrong to get the rest of our offensive weapons involved? There's only one football.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Flame away.

You aren't wrong.

What was even odder to me was how he was coming out on 3rd down at times tonight. Not typical. Wonder if he's playing through some kind of injury. Hoping he's not hitting that WR drop off. 

He's had his moments, for sure this year. But I'm thinking IF the Bills miss the playoffs this off season could be very interesting where it concerns 14.