Bass = Norwood

Dr.Sack

5 minutes ago, Bagwell358 said:

He’s mentally screwed and I’m afraid we have seen his best.

he’s become a middle of the road kicker.

Norwood was kicker of year at age 28 (1988) by 1990 he was washed. Bass is 26, but seems to have lost his leg. The ball doesn’t pop off it no more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Norwood was kicker of year at age 28 (1988) by 1990 he was washed. Bass is 26, but seems to have lost his leg. The ball doesn’t pop off it no more.

I agree. He’s hitting it lower and it’s moving left to right. When he is in a groove it was high and fading it in. 

not sure how to get his confidence back

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

There's nothing wrong with him.  I agree,  he's not having his best season,  but today he had one blocked and missed a 48 yarder in a downpour.  That's not something I'd panic or worry about moving forward. 

Other guy hit a 60 harder in the rain 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

There's nothing wrong with him.  I agree,  he's not having his best season,  but today he had one blocked and missed a 48 yarder in a downpour.  That's not something I'd panic or worry about moving forward. 

He was awful today don't give us that crap

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

His stats are essentially the same as every other season he’s been on the team. Slight variations which will likely even out by the end of the year, putting him exactly where he’s been the past three years when everyone loved him. Let’s stop negatively overreacting to every little thing.

Game Ball: Tyler Norwood? That mentality = losing. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

To be honest, the notion that Bass was automatic prior to this year has always been flawed. His career fg accuracy of 85.3% ranks in the bottom half of kickers since entering the league. He's never really been "Bassomatic" imo, but this year he seems to have really lost confidence 

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Kickers aren't perfect and if you think you can just grab someone to do better, buy a lottery ticket instead.

Yet somehow in same conditions on same field opposing kickers are 19/20 - 95%. Meanwhile Tyler Norwood is 78.3%. %’s matter. Diff between winning and losing my friend. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Yet somehow in same conditions on same field opposing kickers are 19/20 - 95%. Meanwhile Tyler Norwood is 78.3%. %’s matter. Diff between winning and losing my friend. 

The year-to-year league average is usually in the mid 80% range,  so that 19/20 stat would seem to be a statistical outlier. 

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Reality 

2023 Bills Oponents 19/20 = 95%
Tyler Norwood 18/23 = 78.3%

I’d love to reply and continue this conversation, but I’m going to opt out since you seem to fall in line with the multiple others on this board that only use idiotic alternative names when discussing players and coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

You trying to win an argument citing one very recent example? Brilliant.

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bass is being out kicked like McD is being out coached. 

A 95% FG conversion rate would be right in line with the best three to five kickers in the league each year.  For that to be the total against the Bills this far into the season is very likely a statistical abberation.  It doesn't necessarily say anything about Bass,  though again,  this hasn't been his best year.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.