Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

The thing is, I’d rather go with the unknown at this point, because we all know at this point what McD gets you. It’s just not good enough. 

I’ve said it already that I think we have peaked under McD. A change seems needed at this point and we already have something most times don’t have when they are looking for a new HC: a franchise QB entering his prime. 

Logic says we should be a top team for any potential HC.

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What if Beane runs the search?

If we fire McD then I’d fore Beane as well. 

• Vomit 1

28 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

McDermott is the a bad coach in close games. Unfortunately the Bills play too many close games. 

McDermott wants to play close games because he thinks that's "complementary football" so his players don't get bored I guess. 

I swear a Bills game entering the 4th quarter within 1 score is like a Final Destination movie. You know how it's going to end, you just don't know which bonehead McDummy decision is the butterfly effect that will eventually lose the game.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Smartest thing to do IS to make the move in-season.

See if Joe Brady can rally the troops. It's a free half season to look at him. Name him Interim HC

Then you can actively start recruiting coaching candidates.

Has there ever been a HC fired during the season when the team was 6-6?  Honest question.  I wanted McD gone two years ago.  I've been posting and getting flamed for years that he is a fraud.  But I doubt any HC has even been fired during the season when they are at 0.500.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

McDermott just signed an extension. He will get another shot next year guaranteed. Too much $ owed to him. Terry is cheap

This is nonsense. He will get hired somewhere else and there is offset language in the contract.  Pegula will only owe him the difference not the full amount. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

We know what we're getting out of McD.  A guy that can't get it done at the end of close games.

He is good at what he did, making bad teams relevant again.  If I were a struggling team I'd take him as my HC in a heartbeat.  He took a dumpster fire of a pro football franchise that missed the last seventeen playoffs, cleaned up the culture and got them winning.  I recognize and respect all of that.  He is not, IMHO, a terrible coach.  But he seems prone to choking away close games with some very questionable decisions.  And while that is a coach that can get you a good number of wins, it is not a coach that can win it all, b/c to do so you need to win 3-4 postseason games in a row.  At least one is going to be close, and he is going to collapse at the end.

In a way, 13 seconds keeps happening to us, even today, just not in quite drastic a fashion.

46 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It should be flaming with losses to the Zach Wilson led Jets, The Mac Jones led Patriots, the Bronco led Russel Wilson, and by barely surviving the lowly Tyrod Taylor led Giants.  This season was over half way through, no matter the team we employed.  Our coach has a lot to answer for this season, and it can't end with the OC

Starting with the Diggs situation. 

Worst season of the McD era and it began with that incident. 

From the silence around the Bass kick at KC to the Diggs situation ….. everything about this team’s honesty and accountability is the opposite of what HC preaches.  

We don’t need to know every detail.  But we are owed more then … nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's dumb

Why is it dumb? He has failed to find a bona-fide #2 wr...his draft picks have been skewed to underachieving defense picks and he has old vets all over this roster and the cap is tight and no money to replace all the holes that are popping up now morse,hyde,poyer,von,tre,....just the von money would have bought allen his own higgins/waddle caliber wr opposite Diggs..bean has been lockstep with mcclappy and totally built this team opposite of how the modern nfl works..it's an offense driven league and bean has focused too much on the defense for his buddy McDermott 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I have a nervous feeling that Pegula is going to offer Belichick the keys.

If belicheck came here it wouldn't be for total control in my opinion, just coaching

Jim haurbaugh would be the guy pegula would hand over the keys to in my opinion 

Don't know if I'd be hyped or scared 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If belicheck came here it wouldn't be for total control in my opinion, just coaching

Jim haurbaugh would be the guy pegula would hand over the keys to in my opinion 

Don't know if I'd be hyped or scared 

I think Pegula would look for Belichick or Harbaugh. Harbaugh probably doesn’t get hired because he punched Jim Kelly in the face decades ago.

But my main point is we won’t get an exciting young head coach.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

18 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

And he also lost 2 conference championships. Good point. His chokes are way more heartbreaking than McDingleberry’s. Glad we agree on that.

Well if that's the criteria then Levy's "chokes" were way more heartbreaking then both of them.  And man what I wouldn't give to go through four more years of SB chokes versus this crap.

23 minutes ago, The Red King said:

We know what we're getting out of McD.  A guy that can't get it done at the end of close games.

He is good at what he did, making bad teams relevant again.  If I were a struggling team I'd take him as my HC in a heartbeat.  He took a dumpster fire of a pro football franchise that missed the last seventeen playoffs, cleaned up the culture and got them winning.  I recognize and respect all of that.  He is not, IMHO, a terrible coach.  But he seems prone to choking away close games with some very questionable decisions.  And while that is a coach that can get you a good number of wins, it is not a coach that can win it all, b/c to do so you need to win 3-4 postseason games in a row.  At least one is going to be close, and he is going to collapse at the end.

In a way, 13 seconds keeps happening to us, even today, just not in quite drastic a fashion.

I thought he told Pegs that the 13 seconds weren’t gonna happen again It’s been happening a lot this season. 

It seems to me our GM should get on McDermott because his coaching staff sure isn’t.  He has a history of laying down at the end of games. 

Somebody should save McDermott from himself. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And I would prefer the chokes to occur in the Super Bowl then divisional playoff games and now during the regular season.  Give me FIVE straight Super Bowl losses over just ONE "13 seconds".

Good for you? I’d prefer a super bow ring over either of those outcomes. To each their own, I guess.

1 minute ago, Bimmer323i said:

I’m on the fence about it… Part of me wants him gone and then the other part of me says do you wanna go through 2 years of a rebuild… A new coach will want to bring in players to fit his scheme which means possibly dismantling half the roster we already have…

Our defense is so much Sean McDermott that it might take longer to rebuild. The offense would be easy to build around Josh but the defense would be a disaster.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Our defense is so much Sean McDermott that it might take longer to rebuild. The offense would be easy to build around Josh but the defense would be a disaster.

It's already a disaster when things matter the most.  FIRE McDummy and let the defense suck for all I care.  OUTSCORE the fricken opponent with your future HOF QB by surrounding him with legit WRs to compliment Diggs and Kincaid.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yea your right…. I say give McDermott one more year try and bring in a few more weapons for Josh and if he fails next year then give him the axe….

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

Yea your right…. I say give McDermott one more year try and bring in a few more weapons for Josh and if he fails next year then give him the axe….

And delay the badly necessary reset while burning another year of Josh's prime, yeah, that's the right move to protect McDummy's precious defense.  Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Preds said:

It's already a disaster when things matter the most.  FIRE McDummy and let the defense suck for all I care.  OUTSCORE the fricken opponent with your future HOF QB by surrounding him with legit WRs to compliment Diggs and Kincaid.

I hear and completely agree with everyone and there frustrations but there’s no garuntee a different coach will do any better… it could be worse then we’d all be wishing they gave McDermott another year… *uck idk this is so gosh damn frustrating… I’m almost as disgusted with this game as I was the 13 seconds 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Moving the goal posts around are we?

Not at all. You and others are trying to say why you would prefer Harbaugh (and now Levy) over McD. My point the whole time has been that they’re both chokers and I would prefer neither of them. Please try to keep up.

Edited by gobills404
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I’m on the fence about it… Part of me wants him gone and then the other part of me says do you wanna go through 2 years of a rebuild… A new coach will want to bring in players to fit his scheme which means possibly dismantling half the roster we already have…

This is why its the perfect year.  The team is in a retool/reload year next season anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The offense would be easy to build around Josh but the defense would be a disaster.

That rebuild is coming no matter what. Hyde and Poyer are done. Von is done. White is probably done. Our foundational pieces are Rousseau, Oliver, Bernard, and to some extent Benford. So now is actually the perfect time to bring in a new coach so he can manage that rebuild himself. Delaying it another year only makes it worse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, gobills404 said:

Not at all. You and others are trying to say why you prefer Harbaugh (and now Levy) over McD. My point the whole time has been that they’re both chokers and I would prefer either of them. Please try to keep up.

And what idiot wouldn't favor Levy or Harbaugh over McD?

1 minute ago, Bimmer323i said:

I hear and completely agree with everyone and there frustrations but there’s no garuntee a different coach will do any better… it could be worse then we’d all be wishing they gave McDermott another year… *uck idk this is so gosh damn frustrating… I’m almost as disgusted with this game as I was the 13 seconds 

When it's crystal clear that your coach isn't good enough, and your wasting way a HOF talent at QB as a result, you MUST move on.  Yes the next coach may fail, or they just may succeed.   Sticking with a failed coach that clearly isn't good enough, because you fear failure from picking the wrong new coach, is just guaranteeing future failure.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Preds said:

I think it’s mostly the defensive players that blow it. Look at the games we blow at the end and you’ll see Poyer, Hyde, White or Milano getting beat. 

Our best players don’t make plays in crunch time. 

Why keep McD?  Honest question.  Ask yourself this, and be honest.

Can you see McD winning the SB next year?  Do you honestly think he can do it, if given another chance?  I don't.  I have zero faith in him doing that, and that is the goal.

Yes, a new coach may not be any better, may even be worse, but if they give us an actul chance to win it all, I will roll the dice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.