From a former McDermott Supporter: It is OVAH

Success

Diggs' face at the end of regulation and into OT said it for me. He knew we would dig deep and find a way to lose. 

Credit to the Eagles kicker for making a monster kick.

I knew that when we settled for a FG in OT we were cooked.

Yes the defense was gassed. The offense and kicker made too many miscues earlier and kept the Eagles in the game. But we completely dominated the TOP. What else did we need?

Why does it feel like everything has to be perfect for a Sean McDermott coached defense to come through? Like our offense rolls them early or we run into a Zack Wilson type and we're gifted 3 and outs by an inept offense.

McDermott and the Bills have built a league-wide reputation of not being able to close games we should have won, and finding a way to lose, often in cinematic fashion.

I don't hate the guy and am truly thankful for a culture change he brought when he came here but it's time to go. I was previously worried he was losing the players, and am now convinced.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, technobot said:

Diggs' face at the end of regulation and into OT said it for me. He knew we would dig deep and find a way to lose. 

Yes the defense was gassed. The offense and kicker made too many miscues earlier and kept the Eagles in the game. But we completely dominated the TOP. What else did we need?

Why does it feel like everything has to be perfect for a Sean McDermott coached defense to come through? Like our offense rolls them early or we run into a Zack Wilson type and we're gifted 3 and outs by an inept offense.

McDermott and the Bills have built a league-wide reputation of not being able to close games we should have won, and finding a way to lose, often in cinematic fashion.

I don't hate the guy and am truly thankful for a culture change he brought when he came here but it's time to go. I was previously worried he was losing the players, and am now convinced.

The defense was gassed? They were only on the field for 23 minutes! The offense was in possession for over 40.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Keep hearing about how should have moved on back after 13 seconds or the blown Houston playoff game

But honestly hind sight being 20/20 the move that should have been a red flag and really when we should have known McDermott didn't have it......

The guy named Nathan Peterman starting QB in the middle of a playoff push.....and then again the following season for week one 

Great fact....we saw way back then a little glimpse into the future on how incredibly stupid this guys personnel decisions were.  And because he ended the drought, he got a lifetime pass by way too many people.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d fire him just for putting Von Miller out there. If we can all see that Von is worthless, what the heck is McD doing on the sideline? 

Watching Von play today really pissed me off.  Just shut him down the rest of the year and maybe....just maybe we get 1 good full season before we jettison him.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d fire him just for putting Von Miller out there. If we can all see that Von is worthless, what the heck is McD doing on the sideline? 

Well, they have a fortune invested in that guy and a lot riding on the success of his K.  They have a major conflict of interest with that.  Not unusual in sports.

10 minutes ago, technobot said:

We all knew that and McDermott should have, too.  There was no way that defense was going to get a stop at that point of the game.  Our OT possession should have been treated as four-down territory the whole way, TD or bust.  Total lack of self-awareness. 

• Like (+1) 1

I too have been defending McD (mostly because I remember how bad things were from 2000-2016...and I've been fearful of returning to those days).  But this coach cannot win close games, and playoff games are frequently close.  No way we can win a championship if we can't win close games.  If you know that you can't win a championship with a guy, then it's time to move on.  

We just keep losing close games in the exact same way.  As soon as Philly went up by 4, who wasn't predicting that we would score a TD to go up 3 and that we would give up a game tying FG.  It was soooo predictable.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

they guy needs to go  His in game decisions are bad  His personnel decisions are bad  He stays loyal too long and too much with the never ending nepotism  The endless Carolina players  Sticking with Peterman  Yeah he broke the playoff streak but its beyond time for a change  We can do better and should quickly

5 minutes ago, technobot said:

I have questioned this regime since the beginning and been roasted/ostracized but hey I just call ‘em like I see them. 

The kick in the rain was huge. Jesus Javier! 

Playing off on third down was a fish or cut bait kind of thing.  

McD does seem to play not to lose, which is a bad message to send to your players. 

Allen has looked better under Brady. He’s running again and that is what the best are doing in today’s game. 

HC is too big for Sean. There are only a handful of SB coaches.

In a world where many football coaches lack integrity, McD seems like a great guy. That alone made me root for him, but he’s done something no Bills coach has ever done, even during the drought years. He’s made me lose any sense of joy watching Buffalo Bills football. I’m not certain why I feel this way, but it’s where I’ve been since the Bengals loss.

Josh Allen’s heroic performances going to waste is the most frustrating thing I’ve ever seen from a Bills coaching staff. In our history we had teams who were bad, ownership that didn’t want to spend, and coaches who weren’t great, but McD has a unique ability to make football everything but fun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Same themes keep reappearing which is a bad sign. Pegulas will keep McD around another year because of the extension but it's becoming clearer we might need to go in another direction. 

Even today, no one remembers that we came into the game with a great game plan. Hurts never saw so much zone. But then we didn't adjust when they did and as usual the floodgates opened when we couldn't hold them with our ultra-conservative brand of football.  

Edit: I want to see someone do the all 22 because it's hard to catch everything live...I remember we blitzed on Eagles drive to send to OT and Hurts got rushed into an incompletion. It was one of very few.  

Edited by VW82

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Von was walking on the the field tonight and the play was not even over.  His sorry ass needs to be benched the rest of the year and we trade him some how some way before next year.  The only thing this guy does now is make stupid tv commercials.  Because he insists he can play this year and he is really lying to himself because he thinks he can play when he can't.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.