From a former McDermott Supporter: It is OVAH

Success

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

McDermott’s record in 1 score games the last 3 years is an abomination. What in the hell are you talking about that it isn’t coaching? Is this a troll post? 

Not at all.  I sincerely don’t think a McD scapegoat firing is the right move for a team that has been a consistent contender. 

Especially after he took the leap of firing his friend and Josh’s hand selected boy in Dorsey and clearly got that one right.  He should be praised for that move and there hasn’t been a peep of that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Success said:

How many games like this do we have to lose.

How many games where the defense FOLDS at the end.  I don't care how well they play in the 1st quarter.

We have to move on.  We're likely missing the playoffs now. It makes no sense unless there is a change.  

The only way that there’s a change IS that they miss the playoffs this year. I kind of hope they lose out so it ensures the team quits on McD?!&head and they fire his ass.

Edited by 26TrapDraw
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Not at all.  I sincerely don’t think a McD scapegoat firing is the right move for a team that has been a consistent contender. 

Especially after he took the leap of firing his friend and Josh’s hand selected boy in Dorsey and clearly got that one right.  He should be praised for that move and there hasn’t been a peep of that. 

Have you seen how better the play calling is. Why did it take so long to be fired? Thats on McD. Change happens to slow with this org. Look how long it took before we got kincaid involved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ve outscored their opponents by 101 points. Only Baltimore has a larger point differential in the AFC. It’s on Sean. He absolutely has to go.

Just saw this:

It's almost impressive how often McDermott turns sure wins into sure losses.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ve outscored their opponents by 101 points. Only Baltimore has a larger point differential in the AFC. It’s on Sean. He absolutely has to go.

In addition,  his desperate excuses are up.  Frazier is gone, yet it's the same game plan.  You hired Dorsey, who was inept.  Brady makes it better overnight and your philosophy loses the game.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JROC INTEL said:

Have you seen how better the play calling is. Why did it take so long to be fired? Thats on McD. Change happens to slow with this org. Look how long it took before we got kincaid involved.

I don’t think it took too long and I don’t think change happens slow in this organization when compared to others. Rookie TEs generally don’t make an early impact. We routinely sit guys and move on from players that are duds. 

McD fired our franchise QBs hand selected OC and you’re going to take the “well it was too late” stance? Get lost

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The national media is coming around too. McDermott is just a slightly better Brandon Staley.

Allen essentially did it twice this game, he should have got the TD but Gabe got lost, and we couldn't go for it on 4th down because clearly the plan was to let the Eagles get into FG range as was shown by the defense that followed.

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's frustrating because in a lot of ways he's been a very good coach he has made a great culture here and is overall a good defensive coach

McDermott stumbled onto the greatest combination a NFL head coach could hope for: 1) a fan base with the lowest expectations of any fanbase in the NFL due to Drought Derangement Syndrome 2) one of the best QBs in the NFL, who also happened to be on a rookie contract for a few years. 

That is the beginning and end of the perception of him being anything but a mid-tier NFL head coach. 

Situationally his defense has always been a fourth quarter with a one score lead disaster.  We used to just blame Frazier. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Just saw this:

It's almost impressive how often McDermott turns sure wins into sure losses.

I rarely blame refs but after multiple phantom calls against and 5-6 no calls on Philly you can't blame McDermott here.  This was crazy, once in a lifetime bad, officiating.  Personally I've never seen worse.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

I don’t think it took too long and I don’t think change happens slow in this organization when compared to others. Rookie TEs generally don’t make an early impact. We routinely sit guys and move on from players that are duds. 

McD fired our franchise QBs hand selected OC and you’re going to take the “well it was too late” stance? Get lost

Josh should not have been selecting an offensive coordinator to begin with man. Come on. As a leader you don’t let these things happen

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

No. He’s the easy scapegoat. The next man up in the blame game. Our losses are by 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3. I don’t think a new HC gets you over that hump. Players are put in a position to win week in and week out. We shouldn’t take that for granted.

Ok well then if he put them in that “position “ on 3rd down in overtime and they basically played deep prevent not to give up a touch and literally left 2 wide receivers open on the right side for an easy conversion he needs to get a DC because he’s a clown and doesn’t know what he’s doing. I’m tired of our defense doing good to great for 3 and a half quarters and then sh!?ing the bed at the end of games. It’s become his MO. Do F$&@ing better or get someone who can. He’s had a long enough shot at it.

• Like (+1) 2

He’s not a good DC either. His team’s have no discipline and can’t cover my aunt Sally. When Philly came out in the 2nd half after making adjustments we had zero answers. Why can’t a spy take proper angles to Hurts? This game was poorly officiated but 10 penalties in the 1st half put incredible pressure on Josh. Bass has been a huge disappointment and is not a great kicker anymore.! Phillips will crush this team with stupid penalties that Sean can’t coach him out of.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I rarely blame refs but after multiple phantom calls against and 5-6 no calls on Philly you can't blame McDermott here.  This was crazy, once in a lifetime bad, officiating.  Personally I've never seen worse.

The problem though is that it isn't just this game. If we had won 2-3 of our very winnable losses this year, a loss like tonight would hurt but we could get over it. But McDermott has a history of finding ways to lose close games. The conversation we're having now, we've had it a dozen times since 2019. When someone tells you who they are, believe them. McDermott has told us he is a choker. I believe him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

The problem is at some point something has to change because it's not getting done despite their appearing to be enough talent for us to do better than we are doing. Problems seem to consistently happen at the game management level and that's happened before, it's just off, I love a lot of what he's done here but you can't live off that forever and more importantly you've got Josh Allen and you shouldn't waste the time you've got him. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them too and I've increasingly found myself thinking that with McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

No. He’s the easy scapegoat. The next man up in the blame game. Our losses are by 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3. I don’t think a new HC gets you over that hump. Players are put in a position to win week in and week out. We shouldn’t take that for granted.

Baloney, we’ve seen it too many times. This is a pattern. It’s not an accident! I was ready to get rid of him in 2019 I went to the Houston Buffalo playoff game, remember the Arizona game! We hadn’t been to the playoffs in 17 years, and this coach could only muster a few points against Jacksonville. And think of all the times this year we laid down at the end of the games thanks to his same old soft zone scheme.  

If you can’t try something else, then, why are you a coach? He’s a joke he gets wrestling mixed up with football.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dan in Owego said:

I hear you but i think this guy get's it, he has the cajones i believe.

He certainly seems to.  It’s kinda strange that Anarumo hasn’t been hired by someone yet, especially with all the zeros coaching NFL teams nowadays.  Makes you wonder if there’s some issue…

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yes if the refs had been balanced very good chance we win this game, still we should have won anyway and a lot of that comes down to the decisions McDermott made, not to mention it was frustrating as hell seeing him politely talk to the refs after Allen got the intentional grounding penalty after the horse collar like WTH?

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Nice that you guys caught on 2 years too late. But at least you're there now. 

It absolutely floors me how many really good posters supported this guy to the bitter end. He should've been fired after 13 seconds. That play was not an outlier.  His soft zone blew the Houston lead.  We've seen it countless times.  How many times do Bills fans need to get punched in the face by McD before they realize this guy really does suck?  It's almost laughable. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s definitely time.  His clock management, game management and situational management is simply atrocious.  It’s become way too habitual.  It doesn’t help that his brain is in calling defense mode and not having it where it should be in crucial situations.  Repeatedly!  

Edited by henry jones
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

The only way that there’s a change IS that they miss the playoffs this year. I kind of hope they lose out so it ensures the team quits on McD?!&head and they fire his ass.

Playoffs, you taking about playoffs, Playoffs?

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It absolutely floors me how many really good posters supported this guy to the bitter end. He should've been fired after 13 seconds. That play was not an outlier.  His soft zone blew the Houston lead.  We've seen it countless times.  How many times do Bills fans need to get punched in the face by McD before they realize this guy really does suck?  It's almost laughable. 

Definitely should have been fired after Cinci. If Hamlin doesn’t go down he doesn’t have a scapegoat. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Most people will not join where I've been for a couple of years.

This was a classic big, close, exciting game...that the Bills lose.

It's what McDermott does.

Get rid of him THIS YEAR and get the rebuild going sooner than later.

I agree, leave him in home in Philly.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yes if the refs had been balanced very good chance we win this game, still we should have won anyway and a lot of that comes down to the decisions McDermott made, not to mention it was frustrating as hell seeing him politely talk to the refs after Allen got the intentional grounding penalty after the horse collar like WTH?

McD has no fire, passion or the ability to fight for his team. Bad call after bad call happened and all he did was stand on the sidelines like a polite little child.  It was sickening to watch.  No wonder he's lost the room.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I agree but he's not going anywhere. They'll basically say "the offense has been much better since the bad tempered guy in the booth got fired, so let's roll into next season with Brady as OC and McD again leading the team".

We’ll see.., there is still 6 games to go … The Bills mighnt  have reached rock bottom yet

Keep hearing about how should have moved on back after 13 seconds or the blown Houston playoff game

But honestly hind sight being 20/20 the move that should have been a red flag and really when we should have known McDermott didn't have it......

The guy named Nathan Peterman starting QB in the middle of a playoff push.....and then again the following season for week one 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Keep hearing about how should have moved on back after 13 seconds or the blown Houston playoff game

But honestly hind sight being 20/20 the move that should have been a red flag and really when we should have known McDermott didn't have it......

The guy named Nathan Peterman starting QB in the middle of a playoff push.....and then again the following season for week one 

I thought he was a meat shield in 2018 after that Bengals preseason game where the O-line showed their incredible skill as turnstiles for Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

The only thing going for McD is that extension they gave him… can’t see Terry eating that much money. He’ll get another season to prove himself unless it unfolds in the same manner as this one… If so, he will be out the door mid-season. 

How do you keep a guy that loses every clutch momentum???

Before that 3rd and 4 play I kept yelling that the DB’s were backing off… WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU CALL A COVERAGE DROPPING OFF 7 to 8 YARDS WHEN ALL THEY NEED IS 4??????????

IM A DUMB ZILCH WHO PLAYS MADDEN AND EVEN I SAW THAT COMING. 

How many more times do we have to see this happen??? McD is the problem. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.