Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Another ridiculous play call by MCD in the clutch.

Denver all out blitz 

Jax all out blitz on a big 3rd down 

Taron getting beat by Gisecki 

Now this.

The guy chokes every single time

All true. But the Eagles were fortunate to win this and a couple others. They have D problems and will not go back to the SB. 

I fully expected to lose this game. I feel absolutely horrible for Allen playing that good, and losing. McDermott has a hard on for terrible coaching at the end of games. It's really unbelievable that in his 6 years here, he still hasent figured out how to handle the end of a close game. I'll say this, and you can all kill me, but if the bills keep playing like that, they can absolutely win out. Is it likely? No, but thats the offense this team needs to win. We lost this game for one reason today - coach McDermott. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Just now, Success said:

Dude, C'mon.  

McDermott loses every game like this.  The Eagles aren't as good as they're record, and we dominated much of that game..

We FOUND A WAY TO LOSE.  That's all there is to it. What games like this one has McD won?

We're in this game because of coaching 1st half/Josh's talent. 

We lose these games in OT because of less talented players/failed execution. 

Do we even need OT if Bass connects on make able FGs?  If Dodson isn't out of position as a QB spy/unathletic.  3rd and 15, Hyde/Poyer give up a "hail mary" type pass.

Regardless of coaching, we have "holes"/improvement areas at multiple positions.  If we asked b4 the season, who are our best defensive players....I bet many say: Milano, Von, Tre in some order.  All 3 are either out or just not healthy. Not to mention our best and only 1 tech is out. 

At some point, you chalk it up to injuries, lack of player talent, poor coaching (Dorsey/offense) in that order. 

Our defense/McD coaching, has kept us in alot of games when our offense sucked.  Jets, Jags, Giants, Pats, Broncos.  We win almost all those games if Dorsey wasn't calling the plays.  Perhaps thats on Sean, but a leadership issue in general.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Dude, C'mon.  

McDermott loses every game like this.  The Eagles aren't as good as they're record, and we dominated much of that game..

We FOUND A WAY TO LOSE.  That's all there is to it. What games like this one has McD won?

Yes the need to fire McDermott,  it's over.  Should have been over after 13 secs and he just keeps getting excuses thrown his way

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

When I was growing up in the south towns, my Dad used to always tell me that the Bills were “born losers.” Sadly, his prognostication has been correct for 50+ years now.

I really do think the refs affected this game though. Bills could have, and should have, been up by 3 TDs at halftime.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

When I was growing up in the south towns, my Dad used to always tell me that the Bills were “born losers.” Sadly, his prognostication has been correct for 50+ years now.

I really do think the refs affected this game though. Bills could have, and should have, been up by 3 TDs at halftime.

No one is a born loser - it's ingrained with year after year of failure.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Smallest market in the league?

Maybe?   Gotta be a reason we keep getting screwed.  

Diggs should just wear a jersey that tears away... so when they hold.  He just loses his jersey but isn't stopped 

16 minutes ago, BananaB said:

3 games this year, twice today. They also had two games within one score where our D couldn’t make a stop at the end to give the O another opportunity. 

exactly. And people are gonna talk about Josh’s interception 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.