Really good game for von to become von again

John from Riverside

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Hate to say it, but so far he’s been a liability. He makes zero attempt to move laterally (understandable given the injury). He pushes straight forward, often times multiple yards past the QB. It’s like there’s 10 guys out there when he is playing. I respect his history of greatness, and I understand letting him gain confidence while he fully recovers, but this is crunch time. And if he can’t contribute, he shouldn’t be out there. 

Totally agree, right now he is a liability. He can’t move side-to-side, he’s lost his quickness, and he has never been the strongest defender on the field, so how is he contributing? Answer: None to little. As he is now, he is a liability. Yeah, it’s 11 versus 10 when he is on the field. 

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I wonder if he'd feel less hesitant rushing from the other side. As it is right now he's got no bend at all. Just ride him way way way outside. It's so bad that if you ran a delayed blitz to that side it might actually work because the OT is halfway to the bleachers pretty quickly.

The ket word is bending,  speed rushers need to bend around tackles and maybe he would be betters  coming off the right side

4 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

5% improvement each week.

He should be 100% by week 7 next year.

Bills would take that because cutting next season is a 32 million dead cap hit

• Vomit 1

10 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

There might be something real about this,  I heard Sal (?) say on a Philly (?) podcast that Von was to wear that knee brace for a full year post surgery.  It may be coming off soon.  He may be more brave without the brace.😉

Well a man his size and strength I'm sure the brace he used was solidly sturdy to impede his flexibility and his game was always based more around his flexibility than anything else imho.  So the brace being removed may  be a noticeable difference  in plays. We shall soon see if this might be the case.   

21 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Totally agree, right now he is a liability. He can’t move side-to-side, he’s lost his quickness, and he has never been the strongest defender on the field, so how is he contributing? Answer: None to little. As he is now, he is a liability. Yeah, it’s 11 versus 10 when he is on the field. 

Beane would have been better off trading for Smith from the Bear,  I think it only cost them a 3rd rounder and his contract is very reasonable. He is years younger and totally transformed the Ravens defence. Miller at his advanced age was always a risk even before his injury

14 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

There might be something real about this,  I heard Sal (?) say on a Philly (?) podcast that Von was to wear that knee brace for a full year post surgery.  It may be coming off soon.  He may be more brave without the brace.😉

It may also take time for him to adjust without it and trust it.

On 11/25/2023 at 1:44 AM, John from Riverside said:

They have been carefully bringing him along on a snap count the weeks now we need for our pass rush to the elite in order to beat the Eagles

Come on von

Von is sleep walking out there.  Not a chance he produces today, or, maybe even this season.

16 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's not going to happen -- ever. It's over for Miller.

He was a tremendously risky signing to begin with.  He'd have had to have been great for 3 seasons in order for it to have worked out.  

The risk side has played out.  

But let's not forget why we took that risk, because Beane hadn't been able to find an effective edge-rusher in four drafts prior to that.  

• Agree 2

I lost all cutting ability when I tore my acl. Not sure if it was all in my head, but I went from running around people to running directly into them. 

We’re talking about sandlot stuff. I’m not comparing myself to Von in any way, shape, or form. But he appears to go directly at the lineman now. He was able to get away with that when he had the bends as well, because the lineman didn’t know what he was bringing. But if they know he’s going directly at them, with no threat of his other tools, i couldn’t see it being very difficult for these huge dudes to slow him down. He was never the biggest guy, and his game was never all power. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.