Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I have no idea what to think of this game.  No idea what offense is going to show up.  Will we go on a streak and get good Josh with good skill players for two weeks in a row?  Will we go back to the dumpster offense that can't do anything all game but manage to score a couple in the 4th?  No idea.  If we are going to win we need the good execution version of the offense though.

As for the Eagles, they are 9-1.  I really don't know how.  I have only watched a few of their games but each one I watch they are just mediocre.  It's like other than tush push they do nothing spectacular.  They just manage to pull out a win every time.  Hurts isn't impressive most of the game.  He throws passes all game to the LoS.  They have a good runner in Swift but even he gets stuffed.  I guess it's just that they seem to hit the explosive play the few times a game that they need it.  We need to not let them do that.

Well, somehow they've managed to beat the Fins, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Vikes by averaging nearly 30 PPG against them, which is more than we've done.  

Not sure it matters which offense of ours shows up, we should be much more concerned that our overrated D gets exposed.  It's been great against teams with siht QBs, but not so great against teams with good ones that are well coached.  

And as usual, it's pretty unlikely that we'll outcoach them.   

It's a lot more likely that we'll need 30+ points on the board to beat them.  They've averaged 32 PPG at home.  

The Over is 48.5, that sounds like a good bet.  

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I have no idea what to think of this game.  No idea what offense is going to show up.  Will we go on a streak and get good Josh with good skill players for two weeks in a row?  Will we go back to the dumpster offense that can't do anything all game but manage to score a couple in the 4th?  No idea.  If we are going to win we need the good execution version of the offense though.

As for the Eagles, they are 9-1.  I really don't know how.  I have only watched a few of their games but each one I watch they are just mediocre.  It's like other than tush push they do nothing spectacular.  They just manage to pull out a win every time.  Hurts isn't impressive most of the game.  He throws passes all game to the LoS.  They have a good runner in Swift but even he gets stuffed.  I guess it's just that they seem to hit the explosive play the few times a game that they need it.  We need to not let them do that.

Everything with Philadelphia is about the line of scrimmage.  They are outstanding upfront.  If Buffalo can not slow down the run early they will get run over.  If they get into 2nd and/or 3rd and long vs this front they are dead in the water.

on the flip side if they have manageable 3rd downs I believe you can throw the ball all over this defense.  

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, somehow they've managed to beat the Fins, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Vikes by averaging nearly 30 PPG against them, which is more than we've done.  

Not sure it matters which offense of ours shows up, we should be much more concerned that our overrated D gets exposed.  It's been great against teams with siht QBs, but not so great against teams with good ones that are well coached.  

It's a lot more likely that we'll need 30+ points on the board to beat them.  They've averaged 32 PPG at home.  

well that would be why we need our good offense. They are going to get points but I don’t think they are gonna score every drive. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

well that would be why we need our good offense. They are going to get points but I don’t think they are gonna score every drive. 

No team scores on every drive, obviously.  

With the single early season high exception of Miami, we haven't put up more than 25 points without the aid of more than 2 turnovers.  

Philly has only turned the ball over more than 2 times just once.  

Our offense is going to have to play better than it did vs. the Jets if they hit their 32-point home-game average in this game.  

That's a lot to ask given where we are now as a team.  Brady's debut was overrated, despite that being an unpopular notion, he was aided by 10 points all but gift-wrapped by STs & D, and by one huge play that we haven't seen all season otherwise.  Those things aren't likely to reoccur.  

But yeah, the offense is likely going to have to do what it hasn't done this season.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Question: would you trade McD for him? I believe he’s a western New Yorker too

I’m no McD apologist, but no way in hell would I want Sirianni. Sure he’s an offensive guy which is all the rage out of the HC position these days, but he’s not my cup of tea. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

No team scores on every drive, obviously.  

With the single early season high exception of Miami, we haven't put up more than 25 points without the aid of more than 2 turnovers.  

Philly has only turned the ball over more than 2 times just once.  

Our offense is going to have to play better than it did vs. the Jets if they hit their 32-point home-game average in this game.  

That's a lot to ask given where we are now as a team.  Brady's debut was overrated, despite that being an unpopular notion, he was aided by 10 points all but gift-wrapped by STs & D, and by one huge play that we haven't seen all season otherwise.  Those things aren't likely to reoccur.  

But yeah, the offense is likely going to have to do what it hasn't done this season.  

Let me say that I don’t like this game but I’m not going to use stats to talk me into a win or loss. They play the game for a reason. Anything can happen. If we lose we lose but I know this team can beat anyone if they play their best ball. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Swift and AJ Brown both limited so far. Brown wasclimited last week and played, only recording 1 rec, so maybe it impacted him and he sits out. Swifts injury is new. 

Either would be a huge Loss for the O with Goedart already out

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Unfortunately, we can no longer thro away a game. Even though it’s our Conference we’re battling with, we need Dubs. If we must lose a game and still be alive, it’ll have to be to an NFC team, imo.

Definitely. I just hope it isn't this one because of the bye. This board will want to fire everyone and it'll be a rough 2 weeks. I love Buf in this game though

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Let me say that I don’t like this game but I’m not going to use stats to talk me into a win or loss. They play the game for a reason. Anything can happen. If we lose we lose but I know this team can beat anyone if they play their best ball. 

No doubt.  I'm simply not big on needing firsts in order to win.  

Anything could happen.  Simply pointing out the trends and patterns going into this.  

And since when have we been playing our best ball?   

Just sayin'.  

10 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I honestly don’t even understand what that first part even means. The Bills don’t even play the Vikings, put up 50 against the dolphins, and haven’t played the other 2 yet. I actually think this year the def is NOT overrated for once. They have been decimated by injuries but are still holding teams under 20 ppg. Yes they gave up terrible game ending drives in 2 losses, so maybe that’s where your overrated statement comes from.

Its very possible the Bills need 30+ on Sunday, but the Eagles are not the juggernaut your statement is attempting to convey

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I honestly don’t even understand what that first part even means. The Bills don’t even play the Vikings, put up 50 against the dolphins, and haven’t played the other 2 yet. I actually think this year the def is NOT overrated for once. They have been decimated by injuries but are still holding teams under 20 ppg. Yes they gave up terrible game ending drives in 2 losses, so maybe that’s where your overrated statement comes from.

Its very possible the Bills need 30+ on Sunday, but the Eagles are not the juggernaut your statement is attempting to convey

Check out the context.  Did you do that?

It'll make more sense then.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Check out the context.  Did you do that?

It'll make more sense then.  

I did-you mention a team the Bills don’t even play all season and 2 teams they haven’t played yet. I get that you’re looking at the better teams they have played, but to me the point you’re trying to make just doesn’t land 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I did-you mention a team the Bills don’t even play all season and 2 teams they haven’t played yet. I get that you’re looking at the better teams they have played, but to me the point you’re trying to make just doesn’t land 

If it's not obvious then don't sweat it.

It's not that important.  

11 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Everything with Philadelphia is about the line of scrimmage.  They are outstanding upfront.  If Buffalo can not slow down the run early they will get run over.  If they get into 2nd and/or 3rd and long vs this front they are dead in the water.

on the flip side if they have manageable 3rd downs I believe you can throw the ball all over this defense.  

The eagles have one of the top run defenses in the league. IMO using short passes and screens may be in order..

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

No doubt.  I'm simply not big on needing firsts in order to win.  

Anything could happen.  Simply pointing out the trends and patterns going into this.  

And since when have we been playing our best ball?   

Just sayin'.  

1 game is a small sample size, but against the Jets last week, it sure looked and felt like the old offense under Brady. And that's against a better Jets D. When we play like that, even the 85 Bears would struggle with Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

1 game is a small sample size, but against the Jets last week, it sure looked and felt like the old offense under Brady. And that's against a better Jets D. When we play like that, even the 85 Bears would struggle with Josh.

Superficially maybe, but again, we scored 17 points due all but entirely to our longest pass play of the season and one of the league's longest TD passes on the season, and 10 more points due to STs and D efforts.  

15 points otherwise, and against a team with all but literally no offense allowing us nearly 40 minutes time of possession.  

The point is that that 17 points came in incredibly unlikely at best situations, but at worst nothing that can be game-planned in.

So we'll see.  Would love too see our killer offense back, but we have had an overraction to Brady as a result.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The eagles have one of the top run defenses in the league. IMO using short passes and screens may be in order..

Eagles have the top run defense in the league but one of the worst pass defenses in the league. 

Hopefully Brady adjusts the game plan and we don't see too many Cook up the middle runs.

Short passes getting the ball out of Josh's hand relying on YAC should be the game plan.

Their pass rush is fierce with Jalen Carter so Josh can't hold the ball long

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Superficially maybe, but again, we scored 17 points due all but entirely to our longest pass play of the season and one of the league's longest TD passes on the season, and 10 more points due to STs and D efforts.  

15 points otherwise, and against a team with all but literally no offense allowing us nearly 40 minutes time of possession.  

The point is that that 17 points came in incredibly unlikely at best situations, but at worst nothing that can be game-planned in.

So we'll see.  Would love too see our killer offense back, but we have had an overraction to Brady as a result.  

Scoring is scoring there bud. Our O looked brand new to me and to almost every media source I heard from as well. Lot's of pre-snap motion, the use of good players we haven't seen all season, smart play calls etc. We were in full control, and I mean FULL control vs one of the best defenses in the AFC. Your negativity is brutal every week. We will see at 7:00 Sunday night when Josh is in yo face!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I think Brady is going to have to legally change his name. I know I'm old and I still think San Diego when I see Chargers and the name that can't be mentioned when I see Washington, but honestly, every time someone mentions the offense and Brady, I have a momentary visceral feeling of nausea accompanied by a brief mental disconnect, before the meaning suddenly becomes clear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Scoring is scoring there bud. Our O looked brand new to me and to almost every media source I heard from as well. Lot's of pre-snap motion, the use of good players we haven't seen all season, smart play calls etc. We were in full control, and I mean FULL control vs one of the best defenses in the AFC. Your negativity is brutal every week. We will see at 7:00 Sunday night when Josh is in yo face!!!!

🙄

Great!

So we'll look forward to 10 points off of Eagles TOs and one of the longest pass plays of the season for a TD and 17 total points then.  

Let's revisit this post if that doesn't happen.  Frankly, why Brady has anything to with those TOs is beyond me, but you know better clearly.  

I am looking forward to that happening now that you've convinced me that we're a shoe-in for it to occur.   

Once we do that, and hold the Eagles to notably fewer than 30 minutes time-of-possession, we should win this going away.  

40 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

It take sirianni all day and twice on Sundays over mcd

I wouldn't want him here in Buffalo, but as you imply, the odds of McDimwit outcoaching him aren't good.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

🙄

Great!

So we'll look forward to 10 points off of Eagles TOs and one of the longest pass plays of the season for a TD and 17 total points then.  

Let's revisit this post if that doesn't happen.  Frankly, why Brady has anything to with those TOs is beyond me, but you know better clearly.  

I am looking forward to that happening now that you've convinced me that we're a shoe-in for it to occur.   

Once we do that, and hold the Eagles to notably fewer than 30 minutes time-of-possession, we should win this going away.  

I wouldn't want him here in Buffalo, but as you imply, the odds of McDimwit outcoaching him aren't good.  

Who you calling McDimwit?!? 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

🙄

Great!

You are a peach. A moldy, furry, sitting under the tree for three weeks being pissed on by a dog peach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

I didn't feel like reading through 14 pages so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but.

The Eagles absolutely manhandled and mauled the Dolphins Week 7 in Philly and were flagged ZERO times in that game. The Dolphins tried to match their physicality and were flagged 10X. I have no love for the Fins but that was the worse case inept and one sided officiating I witnessed all season.  

It's hard enough to beat a talented team like Philly in their house as it is. It's impossible when the refs have already decided the outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Eagles have the top run defense in the league but one of the worst pass defenses in the league. 

Hopefully Brady adjusts the game plan and we don't see too many Cook up the middle runs.

Short passes getting the ball out of Josh's hand relying on YAC should be the game plan.

Their pass rush is fierce with Jalen Carter so Josh can't hold the ball long

Quick passing. I wouldn’t want Allen sitting back there waiting for someone get open with their front 4.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

It take sirianni all day and twice on Sundays over mcd

Oh I totally figure I’ll be in the minority on this. I don’t love McD’s coaching and depth chart management, but he’s way more of a respectable man than the man-child Sirianni is. I know wins are all that really matters in this thing, but I just can’t stand Sirianni. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You are a peach. A moldy, furry, sitting under the tree for three weeks being pissed on by a dog peach.

LOL, feel better now?   Out of curiosity, what's the answer to him, suggesting, pretty much insisting, that those types of plays occur on a regular basis?  

You tell me.  LOL 

And seriously, without those, how was it a prolific offensive performance?  

Either those types of plays that handed us 17 points are common and can be game-planned, or they cannot.  Which is it in your view?  

So you too then are implying that we can count on deep passing TDs once a game, and STs/D setting us up for 10 points per game, all for 17 points total?  

Instead of ad hominem, how about actually contributing to the substance of the discussion?   

If you simply want to vent your emotions, say so.  

Edited by PBF81

29 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I didn't feel like reading through 14 pages so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but.

The Eagles absolutely manhandled and mauled the Dolphins Week 7 in Philly and were flagged ZERO times in that game. The Dolphins tried to match their physicality and were flagged 10X. I have no love for the Fins but that was the worse case inept and one sided officiating I witnessed all season.  

It's hard enough to beat a talented team like Philly in their house as it is. It's impossible when the refs have already decided the outcome.

Then there's that.  But how do we know that the script doesn't favor us, or the Eagles losing?  I guess we'll find out.  LOL  

Still, they've averaged 32 PPG at home, and against a few great defenses too.  Ours is overrated.  

Dallas was their worst game several weeks ago, and they still put up 28 points against their fairly consistent D.  

The Over is 48.5 which appears to be a gimme.  

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Then there's that.  But how do we know that the script doesn't favor us, or the Eagles losing?  I guess we'll find out.  LOL  

Still, they've averaged 32 PPG at home, and against a few great defenses too.  Ours is overrated.  

Dallas was their worst game several weeks ago, and they still put up 28 points against their fairly consistent D.  

The Over is 48.5 which appears to be a gimme.  

They have pretty good weapons on the outside.

Brown and Smith can put up huge numbers. 

I wonder if McD will play a very deep soft cover 2

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

They have pretty good weapons on the outside.

Brown and Smith can put up huge numbers. 

I wonder if McD will play a very deep soft cover 2

Is Brown starting?  He's on the injury report as Questionable.  So is Swift.  Their top-2 weapons.  I just saw that.  

Guessing both are a go, but noticed that they were on there.  

They don't seem to have much depth after Brown and Smith though.  

Goedert's out.  Some JAG named Olamide Zaccheaus is their next best WR.  

Should be an interesting game from several perspectives.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Oh I totally figure I’ll be in the minority on this. I don’t love McD’s coaching and depth chart management, but he’s way more of a respectable man than the man-child Sirianni is. I know wins are all that really matters in this thing, but I just can’t stand Sirianni. 

It sucks that petty tyrants who care more about winning than anything, even the rules, often end up winning. Belichick comes to mind here too. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.