Bills Jets brawl in tunnel after the game.

TwistofFate

4 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I personally love Phillips being on this team, followed by Shaq.  I know they aren't the best, but they are good back ups and both bring a attitude with them, a good one

I call him Big Stuff :P He's like the Dion Dawkins of the defense

10 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Once more, why does a $10 billion industry depend on part time employees. 

The officials should be full time, and the bottom 10% let go each year. 

Pay them $500K. You’ll get better quality. 

Because bad officiating stirs discussion of the product...........and the indignance it generates bonds fans more closely to their "wronged" teams.

Simple as that.

You never watched Pro Wrestling growing up?    It's a very simple formula.

But unlike WWE the NFL doesn't have to even do it intentionally.........they just make it a very difficult game to officiate.........then the mistakes happen and the ratings and merchandise sales just grow and grow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Jets were playing dirty all nights with the post whistle extra curriculars. Fitting a team from Dirty Jersey would play like a team deserving of the image. A bunch of low class punks on that team and I'm glad the Bills didn't collapse to it like the first game. 

That is a Saleh trade mark, he encourages it, imo, takes some perverse pleasure in his team doing it which often results in dumb penalties.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BBFL said:

Dawkins might be the only through and through sh-t talker we have on the team. Dude is always chirping. 

Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson have a bone to pick with this statement. I've also heard JOSH is the biggest ***** talked on our entire team.

edit: Just watched the clip. First one in: Jordan Philips. Bro is always down to throw.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38943436/bills-dion-dawkins-rips-disrespectful-jets-tunnel-spat

Short article with Dawkin's comments on what happened. His low key trash talking is pretty funny:

"Like, there's a lot of emotional guys over there, very emotional guys. Even their D-line coach -- very emotional, unmanly. So, very emotional guy."

Edited by rusty shackleford
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Gardner's slam on Diggs.....I was surprised nothing really broke out from that. I do agree with the above poster, Dawkins was pancaking the guy before the whistle blew

Because the next guy on lil Sauce was Spencer Brown and Sauce wanted NO PIECE of that monster.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Because the next guy on lil Sauce was Spencer Brown and Sauce wanted NO PIECE of that monster.

There was a bit of a response immediately then cooler heads got in and calmed guys down basically with a "Hey we're getting free yards lets not offset this."

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The one talking all the crap, didn't even take his helmet off.

like the kid in high school talking crap, when teachers are steps away.

And a couple of puny people "holding him back", like, if he really wanted he could plow through those people like swatting flies. But he let them hold him back.

• Like (+1) 1

Whoever said this was a brawl is a super nerd. 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

And a couple of puny people "holding him back", like, if he really wanted he could plow through those people like swatting flies. But he let them hold him back.

They are pro athletes. The would have to be absolute morons to actually fight, especially after the game. 

2 hours ago, Iverwig said:

I’m surprised no one commented on Saleh walking right by it like nothing was going on. He is on his last legs with Jets fans due to his lack of leadership. 

What is he supposed to 😂? They were just giant dudes yelling at each other. Do you think Andy Reid is getting involved in something like that?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It wasn’t a brawl…it was some shouting in the tunnel.

Agree.   Which is not to say that there might not have been a bit of a scrum if they hadn't been separated by wiser heads, but then again - maybe they felt free to go on like that because there WERE wiser heads there to separate them?

You know how you can have dogs separated by a fence, and they snarl and bark and growl at each other, then the fence disappears and they're like "What?  No, no problem here...."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What is he supposed to 😂? They were just giant dudes yelling at each other. Do you think Andy Reid is getting involved in something like that?

I do, actually.  I could see him getting in his guy's face and telling him to STFU because he played like *****.

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

18 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Definitely have a different definition of a "brawl" but good attention-grabbing headline lol

That's just how it was reported after the game before anybody had seen any video so the OP was just relating what was being reported.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I have to give some credit to McD for getting a handle on Spencer; his first year he wanted to fight everybody at the drop of a hat.

Now he's always one of the first ones on the scene but I can't remember the last time I saw him take a dumb penalty for retaliation.

He's a great enforcer because he no longer gets sucked into stupid stuff and when he shows up, suddenly everybody loses interest in escalating. :lol:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Something just occurred to me.  We got their defense and particularly their DL PISSED OFF...and now they play the Dolphins and Tua in a few days.  Oh...this could be good.

I hope so.....

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah, that was BigJ9797 both hands up walking the mass of Jets surrounding Clemons back away from the door ..... and then just standing there like "really?"

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson have a bone to pick with this statement. I've also heard JOSH is the biggest ***** talked on our entire team.

edit: Just watched the clip. First one in: Jordan Philips. Bro is always down to throw.

In this instance, I think Phillips was breaking it up.  He stepped in while a couple other Bills assistants/trainers muscled Dion out of there.  It looked almost surgically precise - neat footwork and he had his arms up from the start until they got Clemons backed off, then he just stood there like "What, you want some of this?"

16 hours ago, BBFL said:

Dawkins might be the only through and through sh-t talker we have on the team. Dude is always chirping. 

That'd be Josh.  Though rumor (from a know-nothing named Micah Hyde) said that Matt Milano was the biggest trash-talker on the D - wasn't clear if he meant internal or external though.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Officiating was pitiful. 

I watched the PI call on Bills DB- think it was 31– several times. 

No way was that PI. 

Once more, why does a $10 billion industry depend on part time employees. 

The officials should be full time, and the bottom 10% let go each year. 

Pay them $500K. You’ll get better quality. 

I dunno about part- vs. full- time or necessary salary, but it's pretty clear to me that the league doesn't do enough to develop and sustain consistent and appropriate officiating. 

We have officials who are, well, officious, like the guy who threw AJ Epenesa out of the game after the ref shoved Epenesa in the back and Epenesa reacted and pulled up when he saw it was a ref.   And we have ridiculousness like that DPI call on Douglas (31)

And that DPI play - wasn't that the play where one of the Jets WR basically laid Micah Hyde out with a block, before the ball was in the air?

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They are pro athletes. The would have to be absolute morons to actually fight, especially after the game. 

For sure, but it doesn't stop their ridiculous tough guy act.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

In this instance, I think Phillips was breaking it up.  He stepped in while a couple other Bills assistants/trainers muscled Dion out of there.  It looked almost surgically precise - neat footwork and he had his arms up from the start until they got Clemons backed off, then he just stood there like "What, you want some of this?"

Philips was more than happy to be the first guy in the middle to "break it up", all while sarcastically waving in their face and telling them to go to their locker room, and begging them to do something.

If you think he was there to innocently and purely ensure no violence ensued, then you do not know Jordan Philips :lol:

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Philips was more than happy to be the first guy in the middle to "break it up", all while sarcastically waving in their face and telling them to go to their locker room, and begging them to do something.

If you think he was there to innocently and purely ensure no violence ensued, then you do not know Jordan Philips :lol:

I do believe that's what "What, you want some of this?" means

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38943436/bills-dion-dawkins-rips-disrespectful-jets-tunnel-spat

Short article with Dawkin's comments on what happened. His low key trash talking is pretty funny:

"Like, there's a lot of emotional guys over there, very emotional guys. Even their D-line coach -- very emotional, unmanly. So, very emotional guy."

The Jets assistant DL coach used to coach for the Bills. 

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Title says "brawl", the article & the tweets say it was a "fight". That would mean punches. Just don't want any of our guys suspended.

Anyone can call it whatever they like.  There's no there, there.

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you look closely at the video, our smiley lil' "Golden Retreiver Vibes" rookie TE Kincaid was getting some fists in.  Looks like it's on Jets 91, not Sauce though.  That's John Franklin-Meyers.  He throws Spencer Brown to the ground and Kincaid neatly punches him for it, below the pads and behind the refs back, then lays off when the ref turns.  Nice.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No he wasn’t supposed to get in between them but I have seen coaches step in before during arguments which is all that was. IMO he shouldn’t have walked through like nothing was going on. I’m not the biggest McDermott fan but I doubt he would have kept walking. It’s called leadership. Heck, even some Jets fans had issues with what he did or should I say didn’t do. 

Edited by Iverwig

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.