11/19/23 Week #11 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How is there no news about Fournette? If this guy hasnt been activated it’s really sad.

We could use the fresh physicality against this opponent especially!

this staff continues to fail with “onboarding” and “process”  this is the NFL.  Other teams immediately put their new players onto the field

You mean like they did with Linval Joseph and Rasul Douglas? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You mean like they did with Linval Joseph and Rasul Douglas? 

....again they pick and choose....if you're a new defensive player you get to play immediately. If you're a new offensive player, you get to sit and spend 4 weeks learning this convoluted offense.  What's the point of even acquiring offensive players mid-season with this organization. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

....again they pick and choose....if you're a new defensive player you get to play immediately. If you're a new offensive player, you get to sit and spend 4 weeks learning this convoluted offense.  What's the point of even acquiring offensive players mid-season with this organization. 

It’s almost like offensive game plans are more difficult to learn or something…

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How is there no news about Fournette? If this guy hasnt been activated it’s really sad.

this staff continues to fail with “onboarding” and “process”  this is the NFL.  Other teams immediately put their new players onto the field

He's called Playoff Lenny and they're saving him for the playoffs.  

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think that says way more about the offense than it does picking and choosing. Why this offense is so detailed and hard to learn, yet so predictable and easy to defend was a huge part of the problem. 

Hopefully whoever the next OC is runs a more user friendly offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think that says way more about the offense than it does picking and choosing. Why this offense is so detailed and hard to learn, yet so predictable and easy to defend was a huge part of the problem. 

Hopefully whoever the next OC is runs a more user friendly offense.

Yes and with a simpler offense you can insert new players faster.  

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why do you want to see him so bad?   Are the guys plying RB not getting it done?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes and with a simpler offense you can insert new players faster.  

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Honestly, for a RB they should be able to at least put a package together of a handful of plays in any offense.

Agree, it should be something that can be done and it has been. The difference in having a guy that has experience at the OC position like Shannahan did with CMC last year and a neophyte OC that is trying to learn OTJ on a team with Super Bowl aspersions. 

That's the main reason I never liked the Dorsey hire. If you're going with a defensive HC, the offense needs experience at OC. Dorsey deserved a chance IMO, but not here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I can't imagine this place being like that

Me neither... for the life of me I can't believe that fans are upset with the exceptional coaching and game management we have experienced to date.. heck they have not lost by more than 6 points all year.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Saw a stat on RZ that the Bills are the first team in 40 years to have a plus 75 point differential and not have a winning record.   Ouch.      

What does that tell you about this team?

To me it screams horrible game management,  coaching. 

The Bills should get a win at home but they are far from out of the woods.  I would not be surprised if they lose this on to a superior defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, JTown said:

What does that tell you about this team?

To me it screams horrible game management,  coaching. 

The Bills should get a win at home but they are far from out of the woods.  I would not be surprised if they lose this on to a superior defense. 

It tells me when games are close we either can’t score at the end of games or can’t make a stop. 🤔 

9 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Saw a stat on RZ that the Bills are the first team in 40 years to have a plus 75 point differential and not have a winning record.   Ouch.      

Welp.  

You’d think that would break tour favor at some point.  Hopefully that starts today.

22 minutes ago, BananaB said:

What’s the chance they score opening drive against our D

Probably right up there with the chance that our first offensive possession is a Josh INT or someone fumbling, Bass-o-matic missing, and Martin shanking punts.

This whole damn team just needs to get back to executing their jobs and doing their 1/11th.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It tells me when games are close we either can’t score at the end of games or can’t make a stop. 🤔 

Its more so we dont score all game, the defense keeps us in it, the offense scores a couple in the 4th qtr to take the lead, then the defense allows a game winning drive.

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its more so we dont score all game, the defense keeps us in it, the offense scores a couple in the 4th qtr to take the lead, then the defense allows a game winning drive.

McDermott has to do better in high-leverage situations and be a calming hand on the rudder not part of the problem.

He often overthinks or gets out-coached in those situations because he does something unneeded. Down and distance situations and what works best defending the points does not change late in the game other than the opposing team will take more risks and that is why games (for other teams holding a lead) so often end with them icing it with a turnover. Just play sound defense and ST when you have the lead.

Edited by WideNine
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.